Idaho May Meeting Announcement!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by NewBoiseOrder, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewBoiseOrder Jedi Knight

star 1
    NBO Members and New Hopefulls,

The monthly meeting for May is scheduled for:

When: Saturday, May 22nd

Where: BSU SUB (second floor near ASBSU)

Time: 3PM ( not 7pm as usually scheduled!)

Topic(s): anything BUT IMAX!!! (There's nothing to discuss on IMAX anyway, not until we here back from FOX/LucasFilm) We'll focus on getting new members from the membership drive into the fold and up to speed with the NBO. "Clean house", and get everyone (official members) caught up on dues - let's lead by example...

Any other topics you'd like to have considered? Please e-mail us at: newboiseorder@fanforce.net E-mails must be rec'ved before Thursday at 5pm! Only messages regarding possible topics sent to this address will be considered (please note: no PMs and nothing on the boards will be considered - only e-mail messages).

New Boise Order
  2. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I posted your meeting announcement on the main page of fanforce, and put the announcement in your forum header as well. Have fun... even though you won't be discussing IMAX. ;)
  3. NewBoiseOrder Jedi Knight

star 1
    thanks MJ... and thanks for closing down the Ep 3 thread on the UT Boards! That was not cool what that "fan" was trying to do.
  4. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Gang, I've got a softball game at 2...so I'm guessing I'll be either late, or a no-show. I will however call/e-mail potential new members before Saturday to get the word out and see what happens from there!
  5. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    well, no show, uh? Well, if that's the case this might have been the mtg where you get voted "officially" back into the PR officer role...
    But that's your call. Later.

PS I may have a BIG announcement, so I hope all the original members can be there... I'm not sure if I'll be ready to announce it by then, but I should know by the time the mtg. actually happens.
  6. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know that James and Cody won't be there...I can't speak for Russ but I know Eric will be...as well as some new members hopefully! Having it at 3 kinda messes with a lot of peoples schedules I think. I'll do what I can!
  7. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    "Having it at three (3) kinda messes with a lot of peoples schedules..." This coming from the guy who helped decide the time in the 1st place - rich!
    James won't be there, huh? Well, I'd better call his mom and tell her to forget about the snacks she's planning on bringing to the meeting because it's James' birthday...
    Cody: mr. dependable who goes out of his way to check his e-mail and is easy to be contacted any other way - typical.
    Russ: Probably has to work - understandable, but as long as we have the Pres. or the Vice Pres. there we should be able to have a meeting.

Well, do we reschedule? If we do, you can look for my BIG announcement in everyone's e-mails later next week! Let me know KK, K? You seem to have it all figured out anyway. Sorry if I sound upset. I'm not really... I'm #$(#&%@)@! pissed off!!!

8. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa there! Let me know what's up...let's not vent here as we know what that can lead to! Hey, even if it's just you and Eric, that's ok...I've already e-mailed all the new "potentials" so it's best to have someone there even if to just get new members oriented and to collect dues, yes? So go ahead with the meeting. I apologize for the schedule mishap. My softball games are usually at noon, but this one happens to be at 2pm. We can always call another "official" members meeting later in the month or at the very beginning of June to vote me back in, collect dues and such. James is working yes, and Cody actually called me and told me he could only make the "regular" meeting time because he would be in McCall helping his dad open up their cabin....If my game gets out at 3:30 or whatever, I can still swing by. Just have Eric keep his cell phone on. This is a hectic weekend I guess. Anyways, sorry your pissed about stuff. Give me a call or e-mail and we'll pray about it! Thanks!
  9. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    I guess I'm just starting to feel like Doug of IF... (half the time) it feels/seems like the only one who is serious about the group is the founder. Well, that's fine...
    I understand people have lives (see above) and Russ is in the middle of moving... so I guess it'll just be me, James, Eric and any newbies that show up.
    I guess what upsets me, Kasey, is that you helped decide the date and time late last week, I assume you knew you had a late game - it'd be stupid to tell your team at the last minute when the game was - and now you're "backing out" of the mtg. that you helped arrange. It just puzzles me... I don't know what else to do to get this group where it could be. The potiential is so great, but the deadication to get us there is sometimes so non-exsistant - it only comes in spirts.
    I'm not going to pray about it or talk to you about it on the phone - we both deserve better than a call or an e-mail. Besides, I've already prayed about it and feel I'm tired of giving myself and my resources to things that aren't going to pay me back or have lasting spiritual signifigance - when i do, my time and resources and talents get "stolen" from me and I end up where I am now. Tired. There's no true synergy or community in the group and that can kill the group very easily. I can only hope there are some new memebers at the meeting tomorrow who can help bring some of that back.
    Well, that's all i'm going to say right now... I could go on, but I'd rather wait until the original core group can get together. I just hope it's soon.
  10. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Marc, the reason I went ahead and planned the meeting with you for the 3o'clock was because that was the only time you could make it. You said that a night meeting wouldn't work for you, so I was only trying to accomodate for you, that's all. I wasn't trying to just set it all in your lap and run off...certainly not. I did know about my game, but I forgot and was thinking it was a Noon game, just a simple mistake is all. And I'd have to disagree and say that while a lot of the time we get airheaded and distracted as a club, we've all come together quite strongly in the past months for trying to get IMAX worked out and to do more activites. Heck, I spent 4&1/2 hours at the BSU booth by myself to help us out! I'm certainly not trying to just flake off the meeting or anything. And I got word out to people, one guy got back to me even and said while he couldn't make THIS meeting, he would love for us to keep him updated of all future engagements. I think our club is doing ok, and while we could always be doing more for it, I don't think we need to give it our full attention all the time...which I don't think you're saying either. I do thank-you very much for all you've done for us, but I do think we've all contributed quite a bit in the last few months...it's a shame it took IMAX to give us that nip in the butt, but better that than nothing yes?
    Hey, and prayer with you whether in person or on the phone is NEVER a waste of time big guy! Please do call me and I will try my very hardest to be at the SUB by 3:30pm if I can. Thanks Marc.
  11. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    If the weather keeps the way it is....crappy and no good, I may just be forfieting this game and coming at 3o'clock after all.
  12. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    okay, I'm sorry. I'm just really tired and I think the tiredness (along with frustration) finally caught up me. I guess I just need some time off for about a month or so. We'll see. See ya at the mtg.
  13. NewBoiseOrder Jedi Knight

star 1
    May Meeting Minuets:

Meeting started 3pm
    In Attendance: cmdrwillard, danbinks, Idaho_Vorkosigan, MalcolmTolemac, QUIGONJINN02

In A Nutshell:
    * welcomed new member danbinks (hope to see you posting on the boards soon so we can get to know you better!)
    * New info on IMAX (Hasbro) is looking into getting us a super cool raffel item for the Aug. event
    * Other events: it was agreed to get other events sched./planned to create more community and fun within the group (see "event" thread for more details)
    * members were given notice that we'd be voting to fill vacant officer positions (PR, Sec., and Treas.) and to get dues up to date at the next meeting.
    * June mtg. sched. for Saturday the 12th

mtg. ended about 4:45pm Everyone stayed around to participate in Idaho's birthday celebration.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.