main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN May Meeting (Brain storming)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jenson_Cole, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenson_Cole

Jenson_Cole Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    Weekends seem to be the easiest for us and with the warm weather comeing around finally I'm thinking something along the lines of a cook out / Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Football type thing.

Any other ides's people want to toss around?

2. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    How about a trip to the paintball field. Now that is some fun. Maybe we will wait till we get to know each other better. I would feel bad shooting someone without knowing them well first... well, except for X.

Anyone like Disc Golf? There are a few courses around here. I'm but for some B-Ball (base or basket). I haven't done either one in years.

3. vaderisone

vaderisone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002
    I have never played frisbee golf, but would try it. Cookout idea is good, except we would have to make it at like 10 at night so Jenson Cole wouldn't sleep through it.

4. Jenson_Cole

Jun 20, 2002
    Frisbee Golf I love and Paintball I love. Would justify me pulling out my Paintball Gun and Camos so I can go hunting :)

5. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    I have a couple Spyders I haven't used in over 2 years. :( I have been itching for awhile.

6. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    Geez, you guys have your own Paintball guns? You're the type of people who take your own pool cue to the billiards hall too, aren't you?

p.s. I'm in for paintball, basketball, or frisbee golf.

7. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Nope, I use to have my own cue until it fell out the back of a friends car when we jumped a set of rail road tracks. :(

And by the way, it is Disc Golf, not frisbee. Get it right.. muahhhhhh

8. Jenson_Cole

Jun 20, 2002
    Where would we play Disc Golf? Wilson or Rum Village? And where would we go to play PAintball. Not sure of alot of paintball fields around here and not sure if Michiana Paintball is still there at Scottsdale.

9. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    This all sounds great, but what about some real games of skill. Like, board games! A true test of ones abilities. After meeting BDZ/X/Emp I feel confident I can win any board game. As for JC (aka sleepy) I will take you out too.

Vad

10. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    We will see about that VIS, you shall go down like Pauly Shore's career.

I would have to say we would have to head up to the park just over the border in MI. I think it is Bertran park or something like that. Most of you probably don't own your own discs (I only have one) so we would have to go to a place that rents them.

Sherwood forest in LaPorte is one of the best fields around here I think. The last time I was there the people were great and their rates were reasonable.

11. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Sherwood is great for paintball.

George Wilson is the only place I've played DISC Golf.

12. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Baseball, and Basketball is cool with me, but I never played paintball before. Because I don't want to hurt anybody with my Navy Seal skills!! YO-Joe!

13. Jenson_Cole

Jun 20, 2002
    On the subject of Disk Golf you can find them at places like Bobicks (sp?) in the Town & Country Shopping Center. The'll run you between 10-15 a pop though.

I've to be honost never played at George Wilson :) I've always went to Rum Village to play early in the mornings. It's been almost a year and a half since I've had some friendly competition in that sport and I'm willing to take anyone on and give them a run for the money.

This time I'm leaning more towards Disc Golf. Afterwords possibly a cookout? :) I'll be willing to bring things.

14. darthvader2570

darthvader2570 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    Baugo County Park has a disc golf course...that is where I usually play. Last year they had discs for like $9.00 or something near that. Disc Golf would be cool, but I also would like to suggest bowling or going over to LAN Lizards. I was there for my first time like last weekend and it was very cool though it was a tad pricey. I didnt pay because it was my friends birthday party, but I think it is like 5.00 to 6.00 per hour. If I remember right if you buy 2 hours, you get the 3rd free. They dont have Outcast, however, and that really ticked me off :p.

15. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Most of us have high speed internet connections, I could set my server up to host a game and we could all play online. Soldier of Fortune II, Unreal Tournament, Jedi Outcast, Star Wars Galexies for the strategic ones. I'm up for a LAN party. I have the room, switches, etc for it. I have had a few here before and they worked out well.

I think the bulk of us would like to do Disc Golf and a cook out. Ya or Nay?

16. darthvader2570

darthvader2570 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    SWG isnt out yet...I think you are talking about Galactic Battlegrounds. Anyway...disc golf sounds good though.

17. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    SOF II LAN party would be cool.

18. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    You are correct DV.

19. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    I would love to play a galactic battle grounds lan party. (What exactly is a lan? I realize that it involves an online game, but fill me in on the details. Also disc golf would be good, unfortunately unless our meeting is this weekend I will probably have to miss out for May, vacation is coming.

Vad

20. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Vacation, where are we going? :)

LAN = Local Area Network Everyone would tote there computer to one spot and hook them all up and play in one game. It can be a blast once everything is setup and running. It can be a nightmare if someone computer is messing up.

21. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    This is a picture from the last LAN party we had at BDZ's place:

LAN Party

22. Jenson_Cole

Jun 20, 2002
    Um do I have to ask where this picture orginated? :) btw laughing my butt off at the one hanging from the ceiling.

23. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    OK, on to picking a date. What does everyone have going on this Sunday the 11th?

Next weekend (17-18) we are going to Cedar Point and I'm free the 24th.

24. vaderisone

Jul 21, 2002
    Put me down for sometime in June, I am leaving for the forest moon of Endor, better known as Alaska. I will be gone for 2 weeks. Of course BDZ I know you will miss me much.

25. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    OK, well VIS is out due to wanting to be an eskimo. But we can party without him.. Anyone else?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.