main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA May Meeting/Costume and Props gathering/Clone Wars Party/Cookout

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Agony, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    Well at the top of the thread I posted a list of things we need as far as food goes... if you're definitely coming, go ahead and sign up for something... if you're not sure if you're coming though, don't sign up to bring anything, so I dont have to leave the day of the party to pick something up...

2. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    This just in. JediJasen, the lone Official Unofficial member of SWAP will be at this shindig. :) I'm excited to finally meet you all in person after all these years. As to what I am bringing...I'm still tossing around a couple ideas to really make my presence known. ;) The one I really would like to do involves Yoda and his merky swamp home.
    just realized SWAP is one letter away from being SWAMP
    Um...but I'm still thinking about it.
    Another thing, today while coming home from seeing a long time family friend living in Etna, Jasen noticed he passed Oakmont, and that is where that little theater is. So next time there is a movie outting there, I now know where it is. :)
    I'ma try to be one of the first people at the Agony's so's to be able to meet everyone as they come. But if I'm late, and you see a "stranger" pull up, hold your fire. It'll be me. ^_^

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Heh Heh, SWAP being one away from SWAMP

Hmmm....that could be the "Star Wars Association of Metro Pittsburgh!" I like it. It encompasses a bigger area. ha ha

-Sal

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Arrrggh, I'm not gonna be there either. I have to work. [face_pissed]

5. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Bumping this up with a costuming-related "random thought."

I've taken my three "Sewing for Dummies" classes. ;)

I've made a tote bag, a pillow, and a small table runner. Had lots of fun, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to translate what I've learned on that fancy, computerized $700+ machine to my antique one at home! It's a treadle machine with a motor and light mounted on as kind of an afterthought!

I can't even figure out how to get the bobbin in!

I have an e-mail in to my brother from his "domestically-challenged sister." He knows more about sewing than I do, so maybe he can figure it out!

Namarie,

6. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    Uh one thing, what time is it to be???

7. Darth_Agony

Apr 13, 2003
    You may arrive anytime from 1:00 on...

8. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    sigh i can't come now....i have to work...maybe i'll show up for an hour or two but who knows....

9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    How are you guys watching all the Clone Wars? It is not on video yet is it?

10. Darth_Agony

Apr 13, 2003
    I picked it up on DVD at Comicon...

11. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm not talking about the bootleg of it though. When does the real one come out.

12. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    There is no official word on if and when the cartoon shorts will be sold as DVDs.

Specualtion (and that's all it is right now) is that they will appear on the "OT" DVD as a special feature or the eventual EPIII DVD, which is more likely.

Regardless of how it's done, I just hope it comes out. Sure you can get them off the net, but I imagine if they come out as a special DVD all by themselves. That DVD will have some cool behind the scenes stuff, narratives/commentaries, concept sketches, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.