W.VA May meeting ideas

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Raptor, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Raptor FanForce CR & Webmaster, Clarksburg, WV

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I was thinking that some kind of outdoor meeting would be nice for this month. At a park (Valley Falls?) and spend some time outside kickin' back. I would be really interested in a date and time where maybe Dot and some of the others can make it this time. Also if you live far away please post so we can make some travel plans with you :)

Rap

2. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Agreed. Outside would be ideal, now that the weather is starting to turn.

Anyone have ideas?

3. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, there's the usual parks:

Valley Falls
    Prickett's Fort
    Morris Park

Or if we wanted to drive a bit, we could consider Cooper's Rock towards Morgantown.

I like the idea of an outdoor meeting... If we do it, I'll see about bringing something to eat...

-Fettish :)
  4. MistressDragonFox Jedi Knight

Hey, I'm game for that. If in Morgantown, someone could grab me on the way.
  5. Darth_Raptor FanForce CR & Webmaster, Clarksburg, WV

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Sure can. Once we get the date set, PM me and we can setup the details for the taxi service :)
  6. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Shall we make it a picnic kind of thing? Maybe everyone bring some kind of munchies? Hot dogs are relativly cheap and can be grilled there, I can make some cupcakes, someone can bring some chips...

7. BIGMAC Force Ghost

star 1
    Hey guys!Barry and I were going to have a cookout for the folks who set up tables at this years JEDICON,and dicuss future ideas for next years show as well.While doing this you could have you meeting too.The only problem is 2 of us are off 1 day during the week and every Sunday, and since it's easier to do on a weekend that narrows the dates to May16,23and 30th.Oh well,let us know if your interested,and what date would be best.
  8. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    All dates are fine with me. However, if I get the job I am anticipating, I will not get off work until 1pm and won't be able to leave here until around 1:30... But I am assuming a BBQ would be closer to evening anyway...

But I think maybe the club should do both, have a meeting here AND attend your BBQ. We have a member that needs transport to our immediate area for meetings and I don't want her to be left out should traveling to Middlebourn be out of the question for her...

-Fettish :D
  9. Darth_Raptor FanForce CR & Webmaster, Clarksburg, WV

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I would really rather not have this meeting on a Sunday if we can help it....
  10. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Then I think we should try to shoot for a meeting up here on a day other than a Sunday....and then see who is available to attend a BBQ in Middlebourn... That way maybe we can do both... :)

-Fettish
  11. MistressDragonFox Jedi Knight

Fettish, if you're referring to me, I can always meet you guys somewhere and go. I will chip in gas money to whomever that comes and picks me up. But, yeah, I just need enough notice for work purposes. Anyway, picnic is a good idea. I'll make the pasta salad and cookies! (Just secretly wants to see Raptor BBQ :) )
  12. Darth_Raptor FanForce CR & Webmaster, Clarksburg, WV

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I will call Dot tonight and point his attention to this thread so we can nail down a date. I agree, lets have our BBQ then we can have another with the Jedicon folks if thats kewl with everyone. A Saturday this month would be best for me.

Raptor
    The BBQ Master
  13. Dark-Wolf Jedi Knight

Where in Morgantown are you? I live there myself, and could maybe gepick you up, or meet you somewhere to get ya.
  14. MistressDragonFox Jedi Knight

I live in Moundsville, close to wheeling.
  15. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, c'mon guys.... We need to figure out what we're gonna do and arrange transport for our newest member so that she can attend her first meeting! :)

All dates are open for me, except for the 16th which is my mother's birthday.

-Fettish
  16. Dotanis Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm free to attend a meeting on friday or saturday evening next week =)

-Dot
  17. Darth_Raptor FanForce CR & Webmaster, Clarksburg, WV

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Sat. of next week work for everyone?
  18. MistressDragonFox Jedi Knight

Hey, all dates are open for me. I just need atleast a weeks notice if not more. Oh, not memorial day though, I have a NASCAR race.
  19. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    Saturday of next week is fine with me. I will make note of it on my social calender....which is empty of course.... LOL!!!

20. Ithorian Jedi Knight

star 3
    Saturday after next works for me, as well. :)
  21. MistressDragonFox Jedi Knight

Sorry guys, the 22 is out of question for me. I have a cheering meeting and car wash and then a DRR meeting. Maybe I'll just wait until summer, unless you want to try for a Sunday, May 23. If not, summer's coming... there's always a second chance ;) Didn't mean for that, I was kinda swamped yesterday with cheering.
  22. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    As I said before, all dates are okay with me. So I will leave it up to you all to make a final decision. Also, we need to pick two locations: One outdoor, and one indoor in case the weather turns foul.

23. Dotanis Jedi Knight

star 1
    what if we just stand in a doorway someplace? =)
    -dot
  24. -Fettish- Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll only loiter in a doorway if I am permitted to drink out of a paper bag as well... LOL!!!

(just kidding)

-Fettish :p
  25. MistressDragonFox Jedi Knight

hey, anyone here have any desire to go to the WV state Penn. or our oglebey (sp?) area park, with paddle boats and indoor stuff... and a zoo! If you guys wanted to come meet in my town, I could go a Sat. and show ya around... maybe even Wheeling Park.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.