main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

W.VA May meeting ideas

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Raptor, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Raptor

Darth_Raptor Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Im happy at just about any park. Most have some covered area we can run to if it rains. If there is a reunion going on we can just pretend to be related and eat their food. ;)

2. -Fettish-

-Fettish- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2003
    Everything is fine with me....let's just pick an area so we can all make plans accordingly. Here are the options I can think of:

Wheeling area (new member's turf)
    Prickett's Fort (much wildlife, picnic tables)
    Valley Falls (pavillions)
    Cooper's Rock (pavillions)
    Morris Park (small, pavillions)

I think we should take a vote.

My vote is for Cooper's Rock and I will bring hot dogs and buns if someone else will provide charcoal and hot dog toppings... We can BBQ.

-Fettish :D

3. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Scratch that.... Have no money for hot dogs... We are broke, complete with a negative balance in checking account. And every penny of this Friday's paycheck is already accounted for... :(

-Fettish

4. Ithorian

Ithorian Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2000
    hey, anyone here have any desire to go to the WV state Penn. or our oglebey (sp?) area park, with paddle boats and indoor stuff... and a zoo! If you guys wanted to come meet in my town, I could go a Sat. and show ya around... maybe even Wheeling Park.

Oglebay is a cool idea. I haven't been in quite a while.
    So's the WV State Penn.

Maybe we could have a meeting this weekend down here, and then do something up there at the beginning of June.

5. MistressDragonFox

MistressDragonFox Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2004
    Hey, I'm game for that, either Sat or Sunday, I'll take them both off of work. Now we just need to find a good meeting place. plus for Fettish... can someone say freebie at Oglebay, I can get most of the food since I have to bum a ride.

6. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    NO NO NO Fettish won't take freebies... If Fettish goes, Fettish pays her own way...

-Fettish

7. MistressDragonFox

Apr 19, 2004
    No, No, No.. that's not what I ment. It is a free park..., no one pays. Yay! Anyway, why not Sunday the 23? Either do or die.. we kinda ran out of time.

8. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    It doesn't seem like there is much input on the matter from other club members. I need to know if we are having a meeting this saturday, and if/when we are thinking of doing the Oglebay thing...

-Fettish :)

9. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Sorry all, I have been really busy, bad week at work. Im good for Sat or Sun this weekend. If its a roadtrip thing we should carpool. I'm gonna let Ithorian make the final call on when and where. Again, sorry Ive not been checking the boards like I usually do.

10. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Um.... I kinda need to know soon what we are doing this weekend... There are some other things I need to attend to and I must plan accordingly...

11. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    OK, Saturday it shall be. Morris Park is fine by me. What time is good for everyone?

12. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Let's shoot for 3pm-ish... Just to clarify, Morris Park is up on a hill just before you enter Pleasant Valley in the Fairmont area. Oh, and I won't be able to bring any edibles... :(

Also, I won't be able to do anything like Oglebay until after the 4th of June...

-Fettish

13. MistressDragonFox

Apr 19, 2004
    Okay, That's kewl. Oh, What about getting me... Call me at 845-0523 and I'll call you back since I have free long distance and we'll discuss it.

14. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Can someone please call MistressDragonFox? I don't have long distance service at all...

(Sweetie, you shouldn't post your phone number on the boards. See if you can still edit it and remove it, then email the number to whoever is gonna call you...)

15. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    I'll try to take care of that :)

Oh, have a real name I can ask for? LOL I forgot it :(

16. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Just got power service, etc. back on here at the house. I figure it's too late to call now :(

17. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Yes, we had FOUL storms blow through my area twice today. There are five trees down in the neighborhood, two of which have smashed into houses...

Anyway, I am gonna assume we are all meeting at 3pm tomorrow at Morris Park. I hope everyone knows where that is...

18. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    If anyone still wants to do a last minute picnic kind of thing, I will be able to bring hotdogs and buns after all!!! YAY!!! :D

Someone could bring soda, someone else bring condiments for hotdogs, and someone could bring a bag of chips or something. Oh and we'd need a bag of charcoal too. (The Dollar Store is ideal for such things...) I have reusable picnic plates/cups/utensils we could use...

Let me know if anyone wants to do this... Mike did some side work tonight and we have a little extra cash so I can play picnic after all!

-Fettish :D

19. Dotanis

Dotanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2002
    Sadly I wont be getting off from work until 6pm today so I wont be able to attend. My apologies folks.

-Dot

20. Darth_Raptor

Oct 21, 2002
    Ok, Ive gotten nothing back from MistressdragonFox or Ithorian, and Dot can't make it. I will be at the park at 3 PM with some charcol, paper plates, etc. All we will be missing is some drinks and chips. Ithorian, if you can break away from COH for a little bit and come, can you bring those? LOL

21. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    I will be there with hotdogs and buns. Possibly some chips or something as well...

In case anyone needs directions to Morris Park:

From I79 N take the Pleasant Valley exit. Turn right at end of exit ramp and proceed short distance to church. (If you are exiting from I79 S you will turn left at end of ramp.) At church, turn left and proceed up hill. Entrance to park is on right in SHARP turn at top of hill.

See whoever shows up there!

-Karen :)

22. Ithorian

Apr 13, 2000
    Fear not, I will be there.

I will bring drinks and chips, if I can scrounge some up.

23. MistressDragonFox

Apr 19, 2004
    Sorry, I didn't get any call.... Anyway, I'm not worried, not like you can do much with that number. My e-mail's down right now. Did someone call that came up WVU NASA? I almost called it back to find out after work... Hope you folks had fun! Sorry, maybe another time.

24. -Fettish-

May 7, 2003
    Darth Raptor tried to call you but didn't have any luck. Whoever answered said you weren't there, they didn't know when you would be back, and they told him he couldn't leave a message. He works for NASA so that was likely the call from him... Sorry we couldn't get through. The power went down in his area due to storms so he couldn't try again... :(

25. MistressDragonFox

Apr 19, 2004
    Bingo... either my dad giving him a hard time or my sister... :). But anywho, I was probably still at school. I will see you guys sometime here soon, I'm sure. But now you guys have a way to contact me... we will work this out.. or may name isn't Megan.. or is it??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.