main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI May Meeting - Prior to Episode III

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rick_Sith, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Do you guys and gals want a meeting in the next couple weeks before the movie week, or just wait until then?

This weekend (4/30-5/1) is too short of notice to have one.
    The next one (5/7-5/8) I should be available. It's Mother's Day weekend, though... just to remind some of you.
    The following weekend (5/14-5/15), I might be busy one of the days, depending on how things pan out this weekend for me.
    Any time after that, we might as well wait until we meet up at the theater (5/18).

Post your opinions quickly.

Thanks

2. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    I, for one would be happy to meet up the second weekend in May. Either day. This is a personal plea for Forcebywithya to bring his Celebration III photos with him. And Rick, I can give you the money for the ticket you so thoughtfully provided. Thank you again.

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    The 2nd or third would be better for me.
    I have a concert May 1 at 2:00, which you are all invited to.

4. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Just to let you guys know, we are having a cookout at our place on May 14 for the Milwookiee crowd and you are all welcome. I would rather not post details on the public board so PM me if you are interested. We are in Fond du Lac, and it's about an hour drive from the east side of Madison.

5. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I believe the 3rd would work fine for me after 4:00. The weekend of mothers day would be good I think (obviously not on Sunday though) but Saturday should work out. But the weekend of the 14th I am either 1. going to a Anime convention in Chicago, or 2. going up to Shawn and Sara's cookout. So yeah. But if it does work out I will be sure to bring my convention album with the CIII pics and also my senior pics for those who haven't seen them. Oh, and one more question Rick, which screen did you get the tickets on?

Forcebewitya!

6. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    the 11:56 showing not sure what screen that is.

7. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    The 14th is out for me, I'll be in Fond du Lac for my brothers graduation at Marian.
    So the 7th or 8th is really the best I can do

8. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, let's shoot for Saturday the 7th.

Same place? East Towne Mall food court?
    I'd like to meet as early as possible. I know some have trouble waking up (no names mentioned) [face_coffee], so you guys decide which time is best. The earlier the better in my opinion.

All of the tickets I have are for the 11:56 showing on the ULTRASCREEN. Yes, the humungous screen. [face_laugh]

9. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    What time were you thinking of, Rick? 10:30 or 11? I think these would be okay for me.

10. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Wow, have fun with the meeting on the 7th, guys! I'll be in the nation's capital.

11. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    How Fun, I haven't been there.

It sounds good to me, 11 would be good I think

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well that should work fine with me and I WILL be there on time lol. I have prom later that night (yes, me the biggest geek in the school is going to prom...*shudders* its my mom lol.) But the meeting shall be fun I dont work either so I can take my sweet time. See you then, the usual spot.

Forcebewitya!

13. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Sounds good, see you there then

14. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, it's set then. Pass the word to those who don't frequent this thread.

Saturday May 7th at 11am
    East Towne Mall Food Court directly across from Barnes & Noble.

First people there should gather enough seating for at least six people.

Thanks and see you there!

PS: I'll bring the tickets.

15. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    There's a chance we *might* be able to show up but it's too early in the week to say for sure. Plus the old gas money gets expensive. But it would be nice to see you all again.

Brent, wear the Jedi robes for prom.

16. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    lol, I'm sure his date would love that.
    I'll be there

17. Master_Arca

Master_Arca Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    I can try to be there, it's kinda iffy, we might be visiting family for Mother's Day, but I'll try to come. But how will I know you guys when I get there?

18. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Brent, wear the Jedi robes for prom.

lol , funny you should say that....lol I actually am going to wear my cloak, not the whole costume but I will be doning the cloak. Michelle, and my two other friends are wearing cloaks too. Its nice when your girlfriend shares your affinity for science fiction :).

Master_Arca, when there is a new person that might be attending such as yourself. We usually tell you what we will be wearing so you can locate us easily. I will be wearing a grey sweatshirt that says Vader on the front and Star Wars Celebration III on the back. I also will have most likely black pants and a baseball cap that says Jedi. Hope you can make it look for us we usually sit as Rick said right in front of the entrence across from Barnes and Noble.

Sara, hope you and Shawn can make it that would be fun. Hope to see you all there!

Oh, and I will be sure to bring my album of SW pics including the Celebration III ones.

Forcebewitya.

19. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    One dilemna about Saturday, it's free comic book day. Are there any comic shops on Madison's east side? Our store here in FDL doesn't open until 10, and there is a SW comic I definately want to pick up. Otherwise we'll just have to be a little late for the 11 meetup.

20. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    hello there are 3 stores with in 9 miles

CAPITAL CITY COMICS
    1910 MONROE STREET
    MADISON, WI
    (608) 251-8445

WESTFIELD COMICS
    676 S WHITNEY AVE STE C
    STE C
    MADISON, WI
    (608) 277-1280

C B K
    108 B WEST MAIN STREET
    DANIEL CONNOLLY
    WAUNAKEE, WI
    (608) 850-5372

I'll be wearing one of my Star Wars shirts from episode 1

21. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I just want to thank everyone for coming to the meeting.

It was terrific to see Shawn and Sara show up. I didn't really expect it (even though you said you were going to try to come), since you live so far. Loved the photos and the talk.

The excitement is building for what's to come in just over a week from now. I don't know if I can contain myself!

From the sounds of things,costuming will still be going strong, even after this final film has gone. I know I have been putting off making my own for what seems like forever.

Anyway, I hope to see most of you again soon.

22. Master_Arca

Master_Arca Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Sorry I couldn't attend, I managed to get the free comics though! I'll plan better for the next meeting and bring some of my C3 pics, and hopefully i won't be so busy.

23. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    no problem, hopefuly the next one

24. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yes, the meeting went very well. I had a lot of fun, gosh I cannot believe in 5 days we will all be standing in line to see Episode III!!! I saw a clip on MTV tonight and it looked fantastic. It was a battle on Kyshyyyk (sp* please forgive me I used to know how to spell it) gosh it looked like Normandy though with wookies! yay! it was very exciting. Anyway see you all soon!

Forcebewitya!

25. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    The film is looking very good, all the reviews I've seen have been positive. So that says something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.