1. The Jedi Council Forum Rules have been revised.

View the revisions here, and see the Communications thread for more details.

May meeting scheduled for Friday, May 13

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by nordicgal, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Next month's meeting is VERY important, so we need as many people to attend who can.

On May 13, we will meet at Laura's and Alan's house at 7:00 pm. We have several things we need to discuss.

1). Bring all your stuff for the garage sale to the meeting. Also, bring folding tables to put the stuff on. Since the garage sale is the next day, it would be MUCH easier to already have that stuff in the garage the night before. For those who have to travel a long distance to get to Idaho Falls, Alan and I have offered to let you "crash" for that night at our place. This will make getting up the next day much easier.

2). ROTS. Duh!

3). Camping. Erin is looking into camping spots and prices, so we need to get a head count at this meeting for who's going. If you don't pay now and reserve with the group, you will be on your own to find a spot later on. In other words, if you dont' reserve now, there's no guarantee!!

Please list any other agenda items in this thread.
  2. spiralpadawan Jedi Knight

star 1
    If all goes as planned, I will be bringing Linda from SDSWA to this meeting. I can come by early that day to help for a bit.

I can also bring a table if one of the guys will stop by here on their way to your house and help me load it up.
  3. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sounds good, Melissa. I look forward to meeting Linda and showing her our club. Just tell her not to look at our dusty house!! (You know, school and all!!) [face_blush]

Thanks for the table. Just let Alan or I know as we get nearer the meeting if you need us to pick it up. You can't have too many tables at a garage sale! We sold TONS more stuff the year we put everything up on tables.

BTW - what does everyone want to eat at this meeting?
  4. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Change of plans -

Friday's meeting will be at The Crossing at 7:00. The club will buy pizzas, but you will need to buy your own drink. This way, there won't be a big mess to clean up at our house. With the garage sale the next day, I wanted things to be as simple as possible!!

Please bring your stuff for the sale. Also, please bring any folding tables you may have to display the stuff. After the meeting we can get things ready in our garage for Saturday.
  5. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Can someone please call our members who don't have access to these boards or to the e-mails and tell them about this meeting?

Thanks.
  6. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi, I talked to Neil about it this weekend and I will be sure to call Jessica.
  7. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, I got a question...

I was gonna cut together my C3 footage and bring it to the meeting, but there's no way to watch it at The Crossing. Should I just not bother? Is anyone even interested in seeing it?
  8. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, I'd like to see it. I was also curious if people were interested in watching the DVD that came with the ROTS soundtrack. I still haven't wathced the whole thing.

Also at the meeting we might want tocoordinae our plans for May 18. I hope the weather will be good that day.
  9. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was thinking everyone would just come to our house after the meeting, like we always do. Besides, we need to get ready for the sale!

We could always watch stuff at our house afterwards, if you want.
  10. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    That soundtrack DVD was SWEET!! Very cool. Everyone ought to have a looksie at it.
  11. spiralpadawan Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd love to see the C3 footage! I'm game for that. I pick Linda up around 2pm from the IF airport, we'll meet you guys at the Crossing. My table is in storage, so I'll get the key and make Linda help me get it in the car, lol.

I know Alan and Laura talked about having space for out of towners to crash that night, I'd like to offer up the same, I've got a little room.
  12. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    O.K., I'm just started working on my C3. What sucks is you don't realize how much of your footage is useless until you look at. But so far, I didn't shoot anyone's feet yet, just Heber's birdie finger.
  13. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Adam, my own video camera just futzed out on me, and survived C3 by the skin of its leather strap. A great deal of my own footage is filled with wavy lines as if I was shooting underwater footage. But at least I can watch it.

I have 90 min of c3 footage I can show, and that includes 15 min of pointing my camera at the ceiling during Lucas. Great view of the skylights, and you can almost hear what he was saying.
  14. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    I got all my footage cut down and strung together, but I'm really struggling to re-learn Premiere and it's just not coming together the way I'd like it to. So, I'm gonna save it for some other time when it's finished more to my liking (i.e. with music and transitions and such). I could bring it one Friday night when we all get together. Sorry.
  15. Broken_lightsaber Jedi Padawan

hey i just signed up for this today, and i ahve no idea whats goin on. im here in IF too and i think i know a few folks on here but have no idea. so as my generation would say, huh?
  16. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool, we are still trying to figure out the camping thing in Rexburg because of the weather, there is already a group of guys camping in IF.
    Feel free to come to our meeting this Friday. We are going to be talking about all the Jedi shenanigans that night!
  17. Broken_lightsaber Jedi Padawan

18. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    We are meeting at the Crossing which is near the corner of Broadway and Skyline. looking forward to meeting you!
  19. Broken_lightsaber Jedi Padawan

well awesome! im gonna try and be there thanks :D
  20. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am also editing my C3 footage together into something fun, but that is weeks away from completion. However, I see no trouble with showing my raw footage to anyone who wants to watch. I taped the majority of the opening ceremonies, and that would be a good meeting activity to enjoy.
  21. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sweet, new meat for the grinder!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.