main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA May Meeting - Sunday, May 20th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Requesting confirmation on time and location. I was offered overtime on sunday and I may just do it if I don't hear back on this soon.

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Let's make it Metreon - 1 pm.

3. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    The Metreon? Okay, I'll be there.

4. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    i LOVE that movie. val kilmer's best methinks!

d'oh! metreon won out. but i LOVE the presidio... it's more beautiful and closer to the MAKER.

i would also like to second lou's motion - that we switch off saturdays and sundays!

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Can someone who received the CIV itinerary in their badge packet please bring it to the meeting? I'd like to make copies for those who didn't get one.

Anyone coming to the meeting not going to CIV should check out the CIV thread for all the exclusives, like posters, toys, autographs, etc. and bring $$$ to the meeting. Time permitting, someone may be nice enough to get something for you. Speak now or forever hold your purse. ;)

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I want a Spirit of Yoda mini-bust and the convention exclusive figs are they gonna allow a certain allotment a day or just sell till they're gone in one big shot?

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I think it depends on the vendors, Ming. One would think there would be some sort of limit, to prevent dealers from buying a lot of one item, and selling it for at least double at their booths. :mad:

8. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    spirit of yoda (the kotokubya one) is limited to 200 per day i think and its $60 each. that's on top of my priority list to get. the Gentle Giant one is still available for pre order at the gentle giant site.

9. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Yes, most exclusives will be alloted each unless you preordered ahead of time (Sidewhow, Gentle Giant)

In fact, ACME has it available to preorder the Tarkin key at www.charcterkey.com to pick up at CIV.

Surprised about MR not having a both at CIV, but it makes sense since they will not renew their license. Why? $$$ of course no matter what they stated in press release.

Almost there...

End transmission.

10. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    It's $46 on the gentle giant website for the Spirit of Yoda. Pre-Order is no longer availible. :(

It's the only thing I really want besides the convention figure.

11. tacblue

tacblue Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005

Hi there,
    I shall endeavor to make it as well. Since this is my first time, how shall I locate you all, and is there anything in particular that I need to bring with me?
    Thanks!

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Looks like I will be doing some OT (over time NOT Original Trilogy) on sunday. Great day to freakin switch days SFFF... geez. Anyway I will try to be there by 1pm but I won't. I mean come on.... :p we all know it. haha... But let me know what time we're gonna watch Shrek 3. I'm in for that.

13. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Maybe you can watch the OT while doing OT.

14. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    We meet in the food court, usually at the tables outside the sushi restaurant by the little stream. Just look for all the geeks in the SW gear. Just bring yourself and any questions you may have. We look forward to meeting you.

15. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Also, the name of the restaurant is Sanraku. We're usually there, sometimes in front on the mexican food place (forget what it's called)...but yeah. Sanraku, you can't miss it.

16. tacblue

tacblue Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005

Hello,
    Thanks for the information. I'll keep an eye out, and I look forward to meeting you all!

17. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    I am kind of worried about the action figure availability. They are going to let people buy 4 and (5 if a fan club member) at a time.

18. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    If you mean the McQuarrie one it should be ok.

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    They've don't run out of the action figures I think...

20. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    But then again it's GenCon.

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    tooshay...

22. tacblue

tacblue Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005

Hi there!
    Thanks for allowing me to come yesterday. I apologize for not contributing more, but I'm usually kinda quiet until I get the hang of the group dynamic. Anyway, it was a great pleasure meeting you all, and I look forward to seeing you down in LA. Also, if anyone still needs a ride, I'm going down Thursday and returning Monday.

23. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Hey Dudes! Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday I was in San Jose and didn't have enough time! See you guys soon

24. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Sorry I missed the meeting guys! Tacblue - I hope I'll be able to meet you at the next meeting.

Ahhh - why do I get the idea for these last minute projects? I have not even read the convention schedule yet. I guess that is what Wednesday night is for?

25. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    You might want to look at it briefly before Wed. Kathy. I would advise. There's A LOT of very different things going on that you may want to do, and there are risks of overlap, I'm finding anyway. Don't mean to scare you, just don't want you to miss out on something you may really like/want to do. O r maybe I'm the one scrambling with unpreparedness, as I haven't been before, and it seems very detailed. It's not like comiccon...everything is Star Wars related!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.