main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC May meeting?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    The way I see it, our options are kinda limited. As far as weekends go:

May 9-10 - kinda soon and also Mother's Day
    May 17-18 - I will be OOT, but Lizzie can carry on if need be
    May 24-25 - Memorial Day weekend; I know some have plans
    May 31 - I might be OOT (Wizard World)

Or could we meet for dinner or something on a weeknight perhaps?

2. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Maybe this weekend for me, but I can't say for sure. It is one of my friends birthdays tomorrow and we are going out sometime this weekend to celebrate.

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I think I could meet up on Friday, but Saturday I already have an appointment with My Friendly Realtor (he makes me call him that) at 10 am-ish.

Ken and I are pretty much booked the rest of the month between weddings, balticon and previous commitments - and that's presuming we buy a place this weekend. Hahahahahahahaha!

4. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    So... no one else has any opinions on this? It's now too late to have it this weekend... Maybe Heather and I will adopt a new member in Florida and have the meeting there! Heh.

5. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I'd like to give some input, but I haven't got my work schedule beyond tomorrow yet. Probably won't get it until tomorrow, either. [face_plain]

6. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    hmmm I would rather that you are there for the meeting since you are CR.

7. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Don't trust her Val. She is just waiting for you to leave and the whole board goes Anakin.

Next weekend looks busy for me now. Maybe sometime on Saturday I will be free? However, I do agree with Liz that Val should be here for the meeting. Of course, the longer till we have the meeting, the longer till Liz gets her new Anakin figure. [face_devil]

8. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Liz has no patience anyway. Make her wait, it's fun. Heh. (Here's a secret... she can't change the banner without my consent, so all is safe... But don't tell her, let's let her keep the illusion that she has power. ;))

We can do it sometime memorial day weekend, but I know that's out for K&E. But if everyone else can make it then that's an option. As another option, who would be available one night during the week? We've never tried that before, it could work out maybe...

9. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    The best evenings for me will always be Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays, at least until I change jobs. The store I work at closes at 6 all 3 days, so I could make it to a meeting by 7 or 8. :)

10. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Yeah, if we did it during the week, it would have to be around 8ish, I think... Maybe a late dinner thing or something.

11. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I will try to make whatever day.I am trying to goto Balticon, I have a classon the 17thand work the 18thso I will try to do what ever everyone decides.

12. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    rugby finishes tomorrow, so most weeknights are free for me. A friday evening meeting would be fine :)

malcs

13. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    We could dispense with a May Meeting. Besides we had a meeting on May 2nd, 4 people showed up for the movie. We also have Matrix coming up this weekend.

Its not like we have any new business to discuss this month, except the Busch Gardens trip and half the people going can't seem to make a meeting this month due to other obligations and the holiday.

Also, Memorial Day weekend is a bad weekend for me. The base down here is having an airshow and my parents are coming over to see it, so I will be indisposed that weekend.

14. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Except Wednesdays and Thursdays, I can make it on a week night. Ken's free every night, in general.

If Sharon makes it to Balticon, then we can have a supplemental meeting there!

15. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    X2 doesn't count as a meeting. In order for it to count as a meeting, it has to be announced in advance long enough for me to get it listed on the ff.net site.

Anyway Mutt, just because you don't think there's any business doesn't mean there isn't any business. And tecnically speaking, we are supposed to have a meeting every month. (Unless we change to every other month, which I'd rather not.)

16. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    well maybe you guys should try for a weeknight. I doubt I will be able to make it, but you can fill me in on what I missed. :)

17. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Weeknights are out for me as I have too far a distance to drive during the week.

18. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    So? Are we waiting for Val to get back before we plan a meeting? Time is running out in May.

19. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    yeah I think we should wait for her. but we can start to think about the next date.

20. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Ok, let look at my calendar... I am busy every weekend for the rest of the month.

It looks like there is no good weekend for everyone. I think we should just pick the weekend that the most people can show-up and do it. I know that I and I believe Val also, are going to Wizard World East in Philly the last weekend of the month.

21. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    OK, who is available Friday night or Saturday? Just let me know which day is better (or neither) and we'll see if it's feasible. If not, we can hold off for a June meeting.

22. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    I can not do either day. So, see you in June.

23. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ken and I can do Friday, but not Saturday.

24. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    I can't do it on Friday. I don't know about Saturday.

25. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Friday night, might be better for me. Saturday I maybe on a "date", so I'll be conveniently unavailable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.