main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio May Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jade-Walker, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Well, with like 13 people at the Jan meeting and 7 people at the March meeting, we are a far cry from the old days of me, Toby and Scott sitting at table together.

The first Tuesday of the month is May 2nd.
    7 pm seems to work well for people.

There was some suggestion of perhaps a different area of town this time--like Airport highway or something.
    What do you all think? I would just want to make sure it was somewhere easily accessible by highway since Toby, Scott and I all have to drive like an hour to get to the meetings.

2. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    New locations are good. Just not too far north!

3. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Nah. Not north. A little west, though.

4. highmidichlorian

highmidichlorian Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    there are a bunch of places that would be good for a 7pm meeting close to perrysburg. there's a max and ermas on dussel right off the 475 exit. there's a BW3s there as well. Airport highway has a Chilis and a place called the brewhouse that is good and never has a wait.

5. jasconsolojediknight

jasconsolojediknight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2006
    Tueday not good for me. I wouls like to go but i have these class to get my state certafaction saying that i can be a Nurse aid which you need before owens will let me join there LPN progam. I can do that saturday or sunday. I know its asking a lot to change the day but you would like more people to come and I WOULD LOVE TO COME AND MEET EVERYBODY. If it does't get changed its not the end of the world.

6. phantom_panther

phantom_panther Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2005
    I live just off of Airport so anything in that area would be very convenient for me, but what we have been doing works well, as for days weekends are better for me too but I can oblously make other days and times. So I guess I just said alot of nothing. Either way I should be able to make the meeting.

7. Fitzhume

Fitzhume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2005
    Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Missed the last one which I couldn't control....grrrrrrr.

8. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    So what is the plan? Where should we meet, in Perrysburg or off Airport?

9. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Max & Erma's on Dussel would work. I love that place!

Weekends don't work out so well for me, but if they work out better for the majority then I'm all for it.

10. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    If it would be possiable to post what is talked about at the meeting if i can't make it. Or is it just a meeting to hangout? Are we going to do and Charity work in the toledo area?

11. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Basically its just hanging out and discussing things generally (star wars related for the most part). If anybody has any ideas on something to do or somewhere to do some trooping or whatever, by all means bring it up.

12. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Ok nice to know.

13. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Weekend are bad for me as well--so that's both of the command staff. ;)

The meetings have mostly been getting to know each other since this group is pretty young yet. Next meeting we could discuss what areas we like to engage in. Some like books, some like comics, some like costuming. We'll get an idea of what areas people might want to get involved in and go from there.

And yes. When we actually have meetings where we have more to report, we'll put those up online. :D

14. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    At this point i might be able to come life just getting really messed up right now.

15. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    So we are going to Max and Erma's at 7 on May 2nd, right?

16. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    Sounds like a plan :)

17. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I'm putting it on my calendar.

18. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    Life has truned my way i will be able to meet you all there and I'm looking forward. I show up with my playboy hat so people will know its me.

19. son-of-skywalker13

son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 27, 2002
    i will plan on being there as well, it will be my first time participating in a fan force thing.

20. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm glad you both will be able to come.
    The first meeting is always a little...well, you wonder what kind of geeks or weirdos you are getting yourself into. I know I had that apprehension before my first JKOC meeting. But most of the people are nice and relatively normal for being SW geeks. ;)

21. son-of-skywalker13

son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 27, 2002
    yea i looked into this a couple years ago when Attack of the Clones was coming out and I think tobey was the only one here. thats exciting that there are a few more. My names David by the way.

22. Darth-Shul

Darth-Shul Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    I'm good for the second as we sit today.

23. jasconsolojediknight

Jan 31, 2006
    I just thought of something i might be little late bc of voting that takes place that day. I don't get home from class till 4 and then i don't know when i going. Its when ever my mother ready to go which is after work for her.???

24. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    I'll be there, and I'm bringing a friend. :)

25. highmidichlorian

highmidichlorian Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2005
    I will be there and I may be bringing my two kids because I think my wife has something going on that night. They are both really into Star Wars anyway, so they'll fit in just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.