main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA May Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by utinnigirl, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    I know we voted and all that...it would just be nice to break protocol once in a while.
    That said...thanks for the thoughts and I will keep an eye out for the meeting stuff so as to plan the BBQ and the shirts.

2. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    BUMP! This is tomorrow!

3. RED5IVE

RED5IVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2007
    Add me to the list. I'll be there.

4. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    I am going to have to back out on this one, Tracey, Christian and I all need to attend the Chesterfield planning commission meeting tonight. I hope everyone has a great time!

5. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    Need and want are two different words that are not to be used interchangeably. [face_not_talking]

6. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    So confirmed we have 11 people?

Confirmed:
    Tony
    Aimee
    Luke
    Paul
    Kumunee
    Danny
    John
    Jean
    Adam
    Steve
    Scott

If your name should be on that list please chime in!

7. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Unfortunately, I'm going to have to back out at the last minute. Family issues. Sorry all.

Scott, Susie told me you called, but when I checked I couldn't find your number to call you.

8. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    I just want to get one thing out of the way first... I want to apologize for my language last night...I know I normally "swear" every now and then, but last night was excessive and totally uncalled for. It's actually something I am working on. It's just not that easy to get out of that nasty habit.

ok...now that's done... All I can say about last night -- Wow! What a huge embarrassing failure (turn out). It was the exact opposite of last meeting. We had 11 confirm - we made a (loose) reservation and and had to wait about 30 minutes for them to clear the space for us...only for 6 people to show up on time and another who arrived late. It is really just embarrassing to have a restuarant prepare a table for a large group, only for half of the tables to be used. We were lucky in the fact that they didn't have room for us at first and we just later changed it to a 6 person table.

The vibe of last night was just weird too... I just hope next meeting is better.

Scott, thanks for coming out, it was good to see you there. Sorry that the meeting really sucked.

I did, however, enjoy seeing everyone who did show up.

Steve I really appreciate that you at least got on the boards to say you weren't going to be there.

Please, everyone; next time if you are not going to be able to make it or you are going to be more than 30 minutes late - let someone know!

9. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    Thanks again for the meeting!

I'm sorry more of us couldn't attend - these things happen.
    It was still a good time, very cool to see and chat about some of the stuff our Fan Force members do...outside of Star Wars. (Wood carving, WoW, etc.)

I know that Jean and I can't be at the next meeting (we will be at Disney) but we will be there in spirit!

So...did they ever figure out how to lock the outside doors at Red Robin?
    (You had to be there to know what this was about)

10. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Tony,

I ment to post that I wasn't going to be able to make it earlier in the day, but work has kept me extremely busy this week. It wasn't until Monday night that I knew I wasn't going to be able to make it. For the record, Scott called my house (I was on my way home from work) to discuss car pooling. I tried to call his cell phone to let him know I wouldn't be able to make it, but had to leave a voice mail. So, I did make an attempt to let someone know before hand.

BTW, thanks for not getting too annoyed with my son (Young Indy) at Relay for Life last weekend. He loved hanging out with you guys.

11. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    As I stated above, I appreciate that you let us know... Hopefully you didn't take that as me being sarcastic. I was actually thankful that you made an attempt to let us know. O:)

Family takes priority over FanForce any day...unless you are Troy.

12. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    If I was there, I would've told you to watch your mouth. Come down off your high horse (I realize it would take at least a 6ft ladder) and know that it's not the quantity of people you have but the quality. You all should have had good conversation regardless, and good food too. Improve your attitude or so help me, I'll pull you aside and tell you what your problem is. Now as far as next month goes, I'll be sure to think about you and if your attitude has improved when I get back, I might let you see my latest Star Wars treasure at the July meeting.

13. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I agree with Troy, it makes no difference of the number of people that can show in any given month, its how much fun those people had. Let's see some photos.

14. ItsThatGuy

Oct 12, 2006
    The problem is we had many confirm...and only half showed up. And out of the half that didn't show up ONLY ONE had the decency to tell us he wasn't going to be able to make it.

We had to wait 35 minutes for a table to hold a party of 11....only for 7 to show up. It's embarrassing.

15. utinnigirl

utinnigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    I have to agree with Tony, we waited for everyone to show up and made sure they had room for us (about 4 times) and then not everyone showed and we could have been seated sooner without bothering the staff about enoguh seating...
    regardless of the turnout I think everyone that attended had a good time...I had a good time and it was a pretty casual meeting...
    I would do a total re-cap but not much was discussed except:
    --the t-shirts ( look in the t0shirt thread fro details)
    --I told ppl that we neeed to help Joel out with food for the party just like we do every year put your name down and what you are bringing (side dish, soda, plates..whatever)....
    --GT beat us to trooping the clone wars so they are ready to go just waiting for times and they are trooping it at the VCC regal theaters of course rebel legiona dn gt memebers should already know about this...if you are not in gt or rl then you are still welcome to come and checkit out..
    --that is it I believe:)

16. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Maybe the solution is to find more out of the way places rather than crowded chain restaurants that don't have alot of flexibility. People should also try to get there on time, and 15 minutes after the gatehring time, whomever is there we seat. Anyone comes later, they have to squeeze in or sit in another area and commute. If someone calls and says they hit traffic and will be late, fine, save a seat for them. As for attendees, don't say you are coming and then just not show up, send a note or make a call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.