main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX May meeting

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by StormMoose, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I am starting to look at dates in May. For me, the last Sat looks like the only free evening I get in May. The 24th is out for me due to vacation. Ruban, Hope we can get you back out with us again.

David
    Soon to be Sev.

2. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Sorry guys, unable to make it that late in May! I'll be leaving on the 17th and won't be back til almost mid June. Damn the bad luck! Looked forward to them taters too!:_|

3. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    I can't make it on the 31st or the 24th.

I might be able to do the 17th though.

Anybody else have a preference?

4. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    I'm out of town on the 31st, so that's definitely out for me. But I may have problems with the others, too, so I'll be pretty wishy washy this month.

5. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Lets start thinking about June then. I will be at a different store and will have to wait and see what kind of schedule I will be working.

David

6. skoedaddy

skoedaddy Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2008
    17th and the 24 can be god for me. I'm on vacation and my wife is home, so i can actually escape for a bit.

7. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    It looks like people are pretty scattered in terms of when they can come this month.

Can we maybe throw up some dates and have everyone vote on them?

If just two people show up to a meeting, well, there've been some meetings were that's already happened. So we don't have anything to lose.

8. skoedaddy

skoedaddy Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2008
    Just looking at the posts some have left it looks like the 17th is the day. But its also just 1 day away, and if any of you guys are like me, you dont check this forum every day. But i vote for the 17th.... but if that dosent work out... then I vote for the 24th [face_laugh]

9. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    OK, here's what I've got so far

May 17 - erikstormtrooper, skoedaddy, DarthElizur(?)
    May 24 - skoedaddy, DarthElizur(?)
    May 31 - StormMoose

May 17 (tomorrow) is possible, but I wonder if that's too last-minute. If anyone else can vote, it would sure make things easier.

10. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    I am moving to a new house and have been quite busy with that. Since we have a truck rented for the 24th, that day is right out for me. If you guys convene tomorrow, I may be able to come by depending on how much we get done. I'm certain I could use a coulpa cold ones and a burger.

11. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I will be at an armor party most of the 24th but might be able to make it for a while. This Sat is out for me. I am closing manager. I am being transfered to 59& gessner.I do not know how my new boss will work with me about Saturdays.

David

12. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    I vote 17th. My wife is having a girls night tonight so I'm good for tomorrow.

Also, if David isn't coming then I guess we won't do his question. Although I think I have a good answer that I bet nobody else picks!

13. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Updated votes:

May 17 - erikstormtrooper, skoedaddy, DarthElizur, TI1420(?)
    May 24 - skoedaddy
    May 31 - StormMoose

At this point the 17th is looking like the best date, unless some more people would like to vote.

David, I'm sorry you can't make it. Since I first started going to the meetings in July of last year, I think you're the only person who's made it to every meeting. Good luck at the new Boot Town location! We'll have a toast in your honor.

14. daSnarf

daSnarf Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2007
    The 17th is a no-go for me. I have an AC repair issue in the morning, then a D&D game for most of the afternoon.

Not real sure of the other dates though, so cant give a better answer =)

15. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    The store I am going to is a little closer and has working AC. I was looking forward to this.I was going to bring my SEV helmet. Have fun.

David

16. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    I plan on being at the Stag's Head at 6:00 tonight. See y'all there.

17. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    6:00. Sounds good.

Sorry to hear David and Dan can't make it. Have fun playing D&D, I haven't played that in 25 years. Oh wait we did try to play in college briefly.

Hopefully we'll get a forum lurker or two.

18. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Running a bit late, but still going.

19. daSnarf

daSnarf Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2007
    How'd the meeting go? :p

Sorry couldnt make this one. Had my answer to David's question ready to go to :)

20. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    It was just me and Jeff (DarthElizur). We had some good conversation and ended up staying till 9:40.

Jeff got there first at 6:00 and didn't have any Star Wars items on the table to attract attention (thereby saving him from getting funny looks from the wait staff or other customers). So he wasn't sure if anyone new had come in and not known he was with our Star Wars club. So if anyone new did come but didn't find us, PLEASE let us know.

I'm actually thinking about creating some kind of logo for our group. We can each print it out and bring it with us. That way, the first one there can put it on the table, and we'll always be able to find each other. What do y'all think?

And if some others want to get together later in the month, there's no rule that says we can only meet once a month. Actually, that would be kind of cool.

Later,
    Erik

21. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I think that would be a good idea.

22. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    It's true. I don't have any good items. Even if I did I think I'd be too self conscious to sit there alone with a Star Wars toy in a bar on Saturday night. Maybe next month I'll just mention what shirt I'll be wearing. Maybe I'll wear my green Mario mushroom shirt again.

I did just go down to Fry's and pick up two of the little mini lightsabers for $10 each. They are pretty nice! I guess seeing your cool saber made me want one, Erik, but these are quite small.

Erik it was nice talking with you and we'll see you next time and hopefully we can find a weekend that works better for other folks.

23. skoedaddy

skoedaddy Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2008
    Damn ME and my inability to check this forum often enough!!!

24. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Yes, curse your metal body.

You really should check more often, like every 10 minutes or so.

;)

Sorry you weren't able to make it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.