May meeting

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a reminder that this month's meeting is on the 17th!!
  2. PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Movie night is separate from the meeting? Keep me posted.
  3. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe it is... I think movie night is just a reason to get together, and the actual meeting is the next day unless there has been a change in plans...
  4. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    This is a message I received as a reply to a legal question to Lucasfilm about using the name Mandalorians for our club:

"As long as you are not incorporating, selling merchandise, trademarking, and are just a fan group having fun and helping the community it is great!

----- Original Message -----
    To: Mary Franklin
    Cc: steve renner <srenner@worldpath.net>
    Sent: Sat May 09 12:31:40 2009
    Subject: using a LFL name in our non-profit group

Ms. Franklin,
    I was given your contact from Jedi Dajuan on TheForce.Net forums. My question is can we incorporate our non-profit group with the name New Hampshire Mandalorians. We are a SW fan club that has started on theforce.net fan forums and would like to branch out to raise funds for charitable groups such as Make-A-Wish. Can we use that name and if so is there anything we need from LFL to get permission for that name.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    James Cobern
    NHMandalorians"
  5. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    I have no problem with having the meeting before the movie. Seems like we'll have enough for a quorum.
  6. PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm not sure if I will be able to make either meeting. The hotel has asked me to cover for the other hostess while she's away for the weekend. I'm glad to be able to work again, but the timing just sucks. I don't know what my Sunday hours are going to be, so there is that slim chance that I could pop in to TK's if you guys are still there.
  7. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hello Everyone!

Here is the update everyone seems to be looking for .lol First off... [face_dancing]

-Movie night at James is separate from the meeting date.

MOVIE NIGHT - Saturday the 16th. 5/6pm till when ever...lol

MAY MEETING - Sunday the 17th. 12pm to 5pm The meeting will be hosted this month by Brandon. It will be at his place in Manchester NH. Please feel free to call him if you have any ???

I will be unable to go to this months meeting. I have to work the kiss concert this weeking for work at the Tweeter Center. So I will not be able to make it ... :_|

I will pass on some meeting info for you all to Brandon some time this week. The Granit State Con is coming up in a few weeks. I believe it is on the 31st of May. I'm trying to see if we can set up a fan club table at the show if possible? or if we even want to set up a table.? You guy's can talk about it at the meeting. I'm still waiting for an answer on this from the show.

Ok, I hope this help some of you guy's out with weekend plans. Please feel free to call me if you all have any ???

later,
    TK
  8. PRINCESSVADER73 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well...I officially can not make this meeting. Here's hoping for next month
  9. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    I've been working under the assumption that the meeting was going to coincide with the movie. I hate how this is going to sound, but I can't commit a Saturday night and half a Sunday in the same weekend to you guys...
  10. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I kinda figured that too, and not really sure if I can make both. I'm working OT on Saturday so I'll be in the vicinity of Alton, more or less. If movie night happens (and that is still a might since it's still up in the air if we can get Fan Boys by Saturday) then I'll only make it to movie night. If the movie doesn't show up in time, then I should be able to make it to the meeting. But I'm sure that I can't make it to both.
  11. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK Folks,

Our "Special Guest" for the evening has arrived. "They" flew in today and well be staying over at my place till Saturday. lol

So... if we are still on? We'll be over around 7-ish. If it has changed just let me know.

I myself thought that we had talked about making the meeting and the movie at the same time. But at the end had desided to just make the movie night for fun for those who could make it. And leave the meeting date set as it was since it has been posted for everyone for some time now. That way people could still make their plans around the meeting like every month.

I asked Brandon and he had said the same thing. That we thought it was left like that. But it's not a big deal. If anyone can make the movie nite... COME ON DOWN!! If you can make the meeting...COME ON OVER! If you can make both...MORE POWER TO YOU!! lol

So if saturday is still ago I'll see you all there.

Later,
    TK
  12. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    I'll be there Saturday evening. What can I bring Darth Cobern?
  13. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    OOOOH! Bring your delicious Wookie Cookies, please. I don't want anyone to feel that they need to bring stuff (except TK of course). However if anyone wanted to bring some soda or fruit salad or anything simple it would be more than welcome.

I, too will not be able to attend the meeting on Sunday. T-ball was moved form Saturday to Sunday this week.

14. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4

...and what is it "TK of course" should be bring? lol I can bring whatever you'd like I guess. Is there some spacific you were looking for? Let me know....

Unless you where refering to the movie that is? Which I will be double checking that I have it before I leave. Also as for now it looks like it will be just me coming? Not sure yet... Shell is leaving Friday for a wedding in RI Saturday morning and will not be back till between 6pm & 8pm. So she may not be able to make it. :( sorry.

SeeYa,
    TK
  15. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hello Everyone,

Brandon has asked me to post that sundays meeting at his place is cancelled due to no interest. It looks like only one person would be able to go. So this months meeting is cancelled. Will give it a try again next month. I'm sure we'll talk a little about Granit Con on movie night. But again NO May meeting.

SeeYa,
    TK
  16. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm kinda surprised by that. I thought at least Pete and Andy was going to be there, and after looking at the finances, I was going to be there. That's ok, saves me some gas money [face_money_eyes]

I may be a little bit later tonight than I originally thought as I might have to travel home first after work. But Dianna and I should be there around 6-ish...
  17. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'd like to thank James for hosting the movie night last nite. We had a blast, thanks to everyone that made it. The movie was AWESOME!We'll have to plan our next movie soon. It was a good time. Everyone enjoy the rest ofyour weekend!

SeeYa,
    TK
  18. Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    Dianna and I had a great time with everyone last night. Movie night is something that we should do more often. A big thanks to James and Amanda for hosting!
  19. jediscar Jedi Master

star 3
    Good food, funny movie, with great friends. Doesn't get any better fellow fanboys....
  20. Darth_Cobern Jedi Master

star 1
    Thanks to everyone for coming to movie night. I think it should be a semi-monthly occurrence and combined with a meeting.
    A big thanks, too, to Tuesday for taking the little kids and letting the big kids have their own fun! I hope she gets a chance to watch it, too.
  21. Rotag21 FanForce CR, New Hampshire

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thanks to all as well, both James for hosting and Tuesday for the kids stuff. lol I think it would be fun to have a monthly movie nite/ get together. I'd love the break every few weeks myself. lol

SeeYa,
    TK
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.