main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI May Meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by resnictem, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Any interest? And if so, East or West side?

2. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Suggest away for times and locations. All I know is that I'm pretty much boned for meetings at our usual time this month due to things going on each weekend. I will say that there is a con at the Radisson at the end of the month, and it is Eric's convention. I may be able to break away from my plans to meet during that.

3. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Eric's convention is from the 28th thru the 31st, according to his website. Unfortunately, I need to be somewhere else on the 29th, so I will miss most of that.
    Also, the 15th we are busy with a birthday party. Megan is celebrating during the school year because kids are gone around her birthday time.

I don't have a problem with meeting on Wed. thru Sat. most of the rest of the month.
    Maybe in June, we could meet at my place for some bar-b-q and movies or games. But that's another month.

4. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I guess you guys are so busy, you can't decide when you want to get together.

I'm going to try and drop by Eric's convention in a couple weeks. Maybe I'll see you there.

5. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Yup, I've been busy with work and life. I'll definitely be there at the furry convention, though. See you guys at Basie's. :D

6. resnictem

resnictem Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 3, 1999
    Sounds good. About what time are do you both think you will be at Basie's on that Saturday, I presume? I'm not sure what I will be doing, but I might make it over, depending on when everyone shows up.

7. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I'll be there after work on Friday and again on Sunday afternoon. I'll be out of town Saturday.

8. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I hope the convention is still happening, because for the past several days all the filmcon site has is this:

"Site Temporarily Unavailable
    We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.

error id: "bad_httpd_conf" "

I'll drop by and see after work anyway. If nothing is going on, we may have to skip this month.

9. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Still happening as far as the facebook page says. Brent was just talking about it yesterday.

Wish I could make it, Still hoping to some how get to MadCon since Doctor Who's Sophie Aldred is supposed to be there but not looking to good.

10. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Yes, the convention is going on. The website isn't the filmcon website, though.
    I showed up around 6pm today and didn't see Jon or Valerie. I did get to see Brent and Lexi. Had a good talk with them. I'm glad I went.
    I will be there again on Sunday afternoon sometime. Not sure what time. I might go on Monday too.

11. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Couldn't make it out last night, but I'm sitting in Basie's now. I may choose to venture forth shortly once some more of the folks show up, but until then I'm staying within the safety of the restaurant and bar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.