main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON May meetings

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Robert, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I get to sleep in, but I'll still be up long before the stores open.....

2. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    bump

So, who's available on May 5, and do we want to go to stores together, and do we want to go in costume?

3. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    stores, why do we need to go there or is that an idea for something to do. Just saying that because we have all the prizes but from Dark horse.

Or were you talking about comic book day. Also that is the weekend and I have to work all day on the 5th so that I can make it out on the 6th.

4. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I meant comic book day. I've never participated in it before.

5. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I'll participate. I'll check with Tom and Robyn see if they are able to do so as well.

6. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    Okay Tom is out because he's in toronto at the time but Robyn is able to go and he's bringing his brothers along. They will be in costume and we just need to know the time and place we are meeting. I was thinking the same place as usual but at 9:30ish so that we can get changed and get ready.

7. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    hey guys Rob brought up a good point today when i was talking to him over the phone. Since we'll be in the park on the 13th I think the BBQ will be just a gathering with a nice fire, drinks and other things. I'll try to see if I can get Pat out to the gathering after the walk around so you can finally get a chance to meet him.

8. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    By "same place as usual," do you mean the library at Galleria? And I'll come in costume too.... Maybe I'll get a different one done by then, who knows... Otherwise I've made some adjustments to mine so that there aren't as many safety pins used... at this point, I think only 3 are needed, but I'll work on that tomorrow to bring the number down. Hooks and eyes are wonderful inventions. Much better than velcro or snaps.

9. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    There maybe a nother problem with the 13 BBQ or gathering, that is it's Mother's Day.

Also, if you don't like the french the 5th is Cinco de Mayo.

10. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    damn thats right. Well I don't think they'll have a problem with it if they know that it's part of our groups calm before the storm. And hopefully i did not just jinx us by saying that.

11. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    May 4th.... May the Fourth be with you!

Having fun annoying everyone at work today.

12. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Well, shuttle BAZH is good to go for Sunday. Yes BAZH is my van.

Brandon If your not in the storm yet get out here. Things that still have to be done: Did leia make those posters? We need raffle tickets, are we getting the stuff from Dark Horse? We should have a cake don't you think. Then what about plates, forks & napkins. Do we have the book for the guest book yet. Do we have some kind of sign up sheet for the costume contest. Do you have your release form for the saber contest. We need table cloths. We need water & soft drinks. What about food. How's Janet doing with those gifts we talked about. Has someone made up thank you cards for those people helping. I could not get back in touch with the parks department ot find out about an extra sun shade. ST Johns has not sent me the info about a parametic yet. [face_worried]

There's a lot to do.

ps. Janet how long have you been waiting to say that?

13. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    okay heres what I know: No further info from Dark Horse then what I told you Robert. I don't think we should have a cake due to possible allergetic people. I have the sign up sheets all done (for both the tournament and costume contest). I have the guest book sheets ready and I just need a binder for them. I've basically done everything that I can including printing out over 200 leaflets to hands out, making the store posters and leaflets, talking to the businesses for their donations, contacting artists for their donations (which seem to have no effect), talking to the 501st, getting security, getting judges... phew alot of work been put into this over this time.

I've basically taken care of most of what you just said there.

14. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    We can look at dollarama and the Bargain shop today if we dont have raffle tickets yet.

What were other suggestions of things to make besides pillows? I also had an idea of making Jedi doll cloths...

15. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    How can you have an anniversary party with out cake. It can be from A&P and if they don't list the ingreadiance they get the !@#$. Also you did miss how lil-godess-girl going with her project. Because if she can't do it someone else has to step up. Don't you remember those tables they need to be covered. I'll get Darth-Sniklefritz to do up a binder. And I didn't say anything about leaflets or posters or talking to the businesses, 501st or getting security & judges. You've done a great job at that stuff but there still is so many little things. It would be good if it was more than just You, Janet & me doing all this. We need to get everyone involved.

When this is all over a side from being thankfull that it is over, you're going to say we could have done a dozen other thing to make it better.

The raffle tickets will be easy if DH sends us something.
    We do need to get paper plates & napkins to eat with.
    We need water & soft drinks. lil-godess-girl said she could get coolers, we need to confirm that. Hopefully she is coming out Sunday since she is never on line anymore.

16. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    alright I need a list of people that are coming over. So everyone post here if you are going so that i know how many chairs to get out. I have about 3 people plus myself so far that are coming over.

17. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Yeah I going and Darth-Sniklefritz & Andre-Fett.

Also, I got the plates, napkins and forks for the 18th and a few other things too.
    I have 5 clip boards and Darth-Sniklefritz made the binder for the guest book.

18. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I'll be there.

19. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    So is everyone going to be out on th 13th?

I'm going to try out my new MG-34 assault riffle that I made.

20. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah i'll be there. Tom and Robyn can't because they are in toronto. Not sure at leia though, haven't seen her at all this week.

21. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    so who needs a ride?

22. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
  23. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I'll pick you up at around 3:45.

Thread Status: