Read, PA May RRS Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Time for a Roll Call for the Meeting!

Here is the info I put in the ROTS Topic. I think it is better served here. I added a few more items. First & foremost though, please respond that you will be attending & that the time & place are ok.

It will be here faster than we know it & once we get closer, we might be in a daze with all the Star Wars Hype!! [face_hypnotized]

1. Meeting Day & Time: Sunday, May 15th @ 6:00 PM? :confused:

2. Meeting Place? Reading @ Borders
    (Mmmm coffee! =P~ [face_coffee] )

Things to think about for the Meeting... [face_thinking]

3. RRS: Reading Red Squadron or Reading Rogue Squadron

4. Star Wars Role Playing? At Meetings?

5. Play By Email or Online Board Star Wars Story Round-Robin Game?

6. Costumes? 501st?

7. Wizard World 2005 in Philly! Future Conventions?

8. Online Website?

9. Star Wars Book-Of-The-Month Club

10. Online Email Writing Game (PBEM)
  2. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Wow, that really looks good. If nothing turns up, I will be there. ;)
  3. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ok, Steph.. So far me & you are a go! [face_thinking]

We better get more members to attend or poeople might talk, lol.. [face_blush]
  4. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Don't forget the Rebel Legion if you're talking about costumes. ;)
  5. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Nah, Joe, all the cool costumes are Imperial/Bounty Hunter! :D :p

6. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    The Rebel Legion has SLAVE LEIA. ;)
  7. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Slave Leia...pfft...

I'll take guys in armor anyday. [face_love]
  8. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    So far only Steph & myself have confirmed that the Meeting in May is ok. Calling out all RRS Members to find out if the Meeting Time & Date are ok.. Everything else can come later.. 8-}

Wesmin7, Summer, Xavier, SASmith1, DarthJacen, Red-2 , Ambush, & Jaren_Valnor.., where do you all stand? [face_thinking]

P.S. Drop by the ?Who are you? (Personal Info We Should Know)? all you slackers, so we all get a feel for what you like before meeting in May. o_O

I have Finals Week this Upcoming week, so I probably won?t be on the boards until at least next Thursday. Everyone have a happy Cinco De Mayo!! [face_dancing]

Relax & have a Tequilla!! (But not too many [face_sick] )
  9. esse Jedi Youngling

Count me in for the meeting, if someone'll give me a street address for the Border's so I can snag directions.
  10. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    A street address is no problem. I know it's Woodland Drive something. I'll get back to you when I look up the full address.
  11. Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I'm not sure yet where I stand for the meeting, but I'll let you guys know sometime this upcoming weekend.
  12. esse Jedi Youngling

Thanks, Steph. Have directions now. :)
  13. Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    It turns out that Ya I'll be able to come to the meeting and the midnight showing of RotS thanks to HanSolo ;)
  14. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yes, I'm back from the dead [face_skull]
    (recovering from Finals & Cinco de Mayo! [face_tired])

So, it looks good for the first meeting of the RRS! If you guys have any other things you want me & Steph to gather for the Meeting PM one of us. :D
  15. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Just some general info for the meeting Sunday. For anyone that needs directions, here is the address. Just put it into Map Quest and you should be good to go:

1075 Woodland Road
    Reading, PA 19610
    Phone: 610.373.0377
    Fax: 610.373.0380

Also, here is a map of the general area.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. And remember, if you plan to attend the meeting, please post up in here. Hope to see everyone there! :)
  16. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Some change of plans...

I won't be able to make it tonight, but please don't cancel in account of me. I was informed yesterday that my grandmother wanted to go out to eat/visit the cemetary to see my grandfather's resting place on Sat, but decided against it because I had to work most of the day. She changed her plans and moved it to today so I could come with. Now, I would really feel bad to turn it down after she changed it once so I could go with. I would have told you yesterday, but I didn't really have the time - just to log on, read my PMs and head out. I apologize for any inconvienence. :(
  17. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Steph,

Take care of your plans with your Grandmother. Far more important task than attending the Meeting.

Don't worry, this is the first of many!! ;)

By my count it will be Summer, Travis, & myself. I did not get a confirmation from Xavier (if you are out there & planning to come, drop a line) or anyone else.

So, that means us four (Steph, you will be there through the 'force') will be the starting four & building blocks of RRS.. [face_thinking]

Cool! :cool:

So, 6:00, Borders, meet outside & then we'll grab a table about 6:15-ish? We'll go over some of the topics mentioned in the beginning of this Thread and then we can brainstorm & bullsh&%! [face_coffee] 8-}

See you all there! [face_peace]
  18. esse Jedi Youngling

Hey guys,

Sorry to do this at the last minute, but I'm not going to be able to make it tonight. I got called in to work this afternoon and Reading, apparently, is much farther away than I thought.

My apologies!
  19. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Looks like a 'reschedule' is the best course of action.

Steph, can you reach Travis?

I'm not due to be in work until 10 & I'm in Philly right now, so if I am not going to the Meeting, I will leave later..

I'm sure we can reschedule this for later. I think it just ended up being bad luck causing a cancelation.
  20. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ok. Reached all members.

Meeting is officially rescheduled. Please don't hit the messenger [face_beatup]

Hmmmmm. Date to reschedule... [face_thinking]

Anybody up for a Sunday late afternoon movie & meeting on the 22nd?

My daughter has a soccer game at 12 noon in Fleetwood.. I could meet right afterwards.. Travis suggested a afternoon movie showing of ROTS! I think that would be a great idea & then we could have a Meeting at Borders, or maybe somewhere where we can grab a bite to eat.. =P~

Thoughts??? [face_thinking]
  21. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Once again, I want to apologize that I couldn't make it. I just got back and I just had a busy day. As of right now, I don't think I have anything planned for next Sunday and an afternoon showing of ROTS would be great. If anything changes over the course of the week, I'll let you know. ;)
  22. xavierrr01 Jedi Youngling

sorry guys about not being able to make the meeting.i think more planning needs to go into where we meet and what time and the day we pick to meet.i did nt get the meeting place until sat morning maybe it just me. i check this site at least once a day sometimes there no activity for days.and meetings are not taking place for month s its understandable that people have live and are busy and that things come up that we cant control. i think that maybe we should have a contact number for each member that way we can call them and be a little more personal.also we could call members and remind them of events and up and coming meetings. just my thoughts. by the way afternoon movie sounds good jsd.
  23. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Some Good Points, Xavier!

Couple things though..

We (Steph or Myself) will start a Meeting Thread each month for the Meeting. The thread will be created the month prior & have the date, time, & place for the meeting. In this Thread, members will confirm their attendence & ask any questions (directions, etc).

For example, this Meeting Thread was created back on April 25th. When I created it, I listed the date, time, & place. From there we waited for everyone to check in with status of attendence.

Although we had to re-schedule the Meeting, I think the process worked great! Some members had questions about time, place, directions, etc & all were answered.

Remember, we are pretty much getting the RRS back on track, so bear with us. As for #s for contacting. That will be up to individual members. Each members will fill out what they want to release in their Profile. As we go along, I'm sure we will all have #s to contact each other.

I am glad to know that you are still out there & interested & giving great input!

Drop by the, "Who are you? (Personal Info We Should Know)" Thread, so everyone will get to know you a bit more.

P.S. You can always PM Steph of myself. I try to check daily, but sometimes it may be every other day.
  24. JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ok, so lets make the suggestion 'Official' :cool:

May Meeting (Re-schedule):

* Date: Sunday, May 22nd
    * Time: 3:00-ish
    (Time to be Updated on Friday after Movie Time listed)
    * Place: Carmike Cinema Fairgrounds 5
    610-921-8112
    Address:
    3050 N 5th Street Hwy Ste A1
    Reading, PA 19605

*We can hit a Pub afterwards for a beer & a bite to eat* =P~

So, reply on this Thread if you can make it! [face_dancing]
  25. Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ya that works for me. Meeting+Movie+the possibility of food is always a must-have ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.