main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST May the 4th Announcement POLL

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheTwinSuns, Apr 22, 2014.

?

Will Lucasfilm FINALLY reveal the cast on May the 4th?

Poll closed May 6, 2014.
  1. Yes, Lucasfilm will FINALLY reveal the cast on Star Wars Day. :)

48.6%
  2. Even better, they will release the cast before May the 4th. :D

9.6%
  3. No, we will have to wait even longer to know the cast. :(

41.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    cdgodin, Momotaros, Satipo and 2 others like this.
  2. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    They better lol.

3. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    it appears that the sightings of the big 3 in London have given the "yes" a boost and it's ahead of the "no" now...

4. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Wow... and “Shazam,” “Metal Men,” “100 Bullets,” and “Fables.”

5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Dra--- likes this.
  6. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    i look forward to going to starwars.com soon and seeing a nice black and white shot of mark, carrie and harrison accompanying the announcement of their return.....

and then promptly making it my wallpaper...

Gallandro likes this.
  7. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    I'm starting to lean May the 4th to announce the Big 3 and Chewie for the fans via starwars.com, with a more official announcement for other cast members and production info on May 6th to tie in with the earnings release for investors and shareholders.

Yancy

8. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    I hope your right. Would be awesome to finally get some news.

9. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
  10. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    May the 4th is a Sunday. I doubt any major casting announcement would come on a Sunday.

Dewback likes this.
  11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I really wish there had been an option for No, we won't know till December 19th 2015.

purplerain likes this.
  12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Even though, as previously stated in this thread, there was huge Justice League news yesterday, a Sunday?

Dewback likes this.
  13. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    yes...but it was announced through the Wall Sreet Journal....not through an official WB channel.

14. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Yeah, but no way WSJ dropped the scoop without permission from WB. And they didn't even have a big date to celebrate for that. They just had the news and dropped it. Sunday. How much more likely is it that Star Wars will use all the hype to have their big whoop-de-doo?

Gallandro likes this.
  15. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998

Again as I've stated a few times:

1) The date is irrelevant anymore. News being released only on M-F is a vestige of the past when entertainment news on hit the trades like Variety or Hollywood Reporter.

We live in a 24hr, 7 day a week news cycle, which is even further accentuated by the explosion of social media... specifically Twitter. A full third of Americans under 30 (this is the demographic you are targeting BTW) get their news via social media, 30% of American between 30-39 also get their news via social media... and even a quarter of us older farts get our new this way as well. You don't need the networks or print to drive your message.

2) Studios have increasingly used geek events like conventions to push publicity for upcoming films. Many of these announcements fall on weekends.

May the 4th began as a fan driven events which Lucasfilm picked up on a couple of years ago. Lucasfilm has sponsered the odd event here and there, and even Disney got into the act last year with a one day special event at Disneyworld. But that has substantially changed this year and Disney has begun a concerted push to make this a big day for Star Wars fans beginning with this year. Disney is doing the following:

1) Disney has launched commercials on their networks "announcing" the May the 4th holiday and suggesting fans "celebrate" and watch a new episode of The New Yoda Chronicles which debuts on May the 4th. In addition they are promoting a special preview of Rebels which again launches on the same day.

2) Disney is again hosting special events at Disneyworld on May the 4th, but more importantly May the 4th kicks off the Disney Star Wars Character breakfast which runs through the end of Star Wars Weekends.

3) Disney is launching a new Star Wars area in their Disney Stores on May the 4th with special events throughout the day. In addition Disney is launching their own line of Disney branded Star Wars merchandise (plush toys, figures, backpacks, clothing, etc.). That's a pretty big deal.

4) Disney endorsed special Star Wars themed episodes of The Goldbergs and The Big Bang Theory (The episode actually is centered around the May the 4th "holiday")

And this is in addition to all of the usual Lucasfilm promotion of the date on social media. through the official site and fan websites. Disney is trying to make this a big marketing day for the franchise, and that is the reason I believe we will get some kind of news on that date. It's pretty simple, just post a video on the official website and Youtube channel announcing the Big 3. Maybe a special word from JJ or Kathleen Kennedy on the upcoming production. Then on the 5th or 6th you can make a larger, official press release with more details for the press to disseminate and tie in with Disney's earnings meeting scheduled for the 6th.

Pretty simple and engender's a lot of goodwill with the fans. It would dominate social media for the remainder of the 4th.

Yancy

cdgodin, Dra---, KevinM1 and 2 others like this.
  16. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Whether it's on the 4th or not, bring it on.

Gallandro likes this.
  17. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Dra--- and Satipo like this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I really think it's happening the end of this week or on the 4th itself. My spidey senses are tingling.

Gallandro, Satipo and Dra--- like this.
  19. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I just hope if it's on the 4th I can get to the Disney Store shindig and back before an announcement is made - I want to be here when **** hits the fan.

Gallandro likes this.
  20. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998

I'll be at work which absolutely sucks buttermilk. But I am subscribed to the Star Wars channel on Youtube, so if they drop a special video I'll load that bad boy up on mu Lumia 1520 with its big damn screen and spend a few moments in Star Wars heaven.

Yancy

21. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    I don't buy the "no announcements on a Sunday" thing. For one, Star Wars, with the original trinity, is a Big Deal(tm). Second, we live in a world with a 24/7 news cycle, especially with entertainment news. Third, the infamous Avengers cast picture at Comic Con, when all the actors were on stage together for the first time? It was either July 24th or 25th, 2010. Which was a Saturday and Sunday respectively.

22. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I just think, regardless of who is reporting it, it is common sense rather than wild optimism to hope for an announcement very soon. The big 3 are in town. There is no reason to doubt Horn was lying and we are just of two weeks prior to pp. The 4th would be a no brainer to mark, but even if it's another day, it has to be soon.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The odd thing is that some seem to be thinking that there never will be announcement! Not exactly a valid choice. :p

EHT and Satipo like this.
  24. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Not so many any more though.

Dra--- likes this.
  25. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    No offense, but there is literally nothing new in that article. Slashfilm is merely being speculative based on vague reports recently that an announcement is coming soon. We still have not had a reputable publication come out and say something like "I have confirmed with multiple sources that an announcement will be released on or before May 4." Nothing like that, just "soon". For all we know, that means it will be released by mid May.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Dewback likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.