main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST May the 4th Announcement POLL

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheTwinSuns, Apr 22, 2014.

?

Will Lucasfilm FINALLY reveal the cast on May the 4th?

Poll closed May 6, 2014.
  1. Yes, Lucasfilm will FINALLY reveal the cast on Star Wars Day. :)

48.6%
  2. Even better, they will release the cast before May the 4th. :D

9.6%
  3. No, we will have to wait even longer to know the cast. :(

41.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I felt a great disturbance in the interweb...as if millions of
    nerds suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear
    no casting news has happened.

2. Azzameen

Azzameen Jedi Master

Feb 24, 2014
    Maybe they are not going to release the entire cast, just the comeback of the big3...

thejeditraitor likes this.
  3. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    My Disney Store has a giant screen on one wall, on which they often pump in special programs for special events. I would LOVE to have the announcement broadcast WHILE I'm at the Disney Store shindig.

DarthBreezy and Gallandro like this.
  4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The only announcement we'll get on May the 4th from Star Wars is that it is May the 4th. Or stupid **** like this:

Lord Tuvitor and rdhight like this.
  5. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    So we've gone from Starwars.com hosting cheaply made videos of Bonnie Burton randomly polling people on the street if they know what Star Wars Day is to a NASA announcement, and you seriously don't think they are trying to leverage the day into something bigger?

Yancy

The Hellhammer likes this.
  6. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Happy Thanksgiving

7. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    If they don't announce SOMETHING on or around May 4th, then they are the ultimate trolls. :p

8. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  9. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998

A mere drop in the bucket compared to plans this year:

1) Disney has launched commercials on their networks "announcing" the May the 4th holiday and suggesting fans "celebrate" and watch a new episode of The New Yoda Chronicles which debuts on May the 4th. In addition they are promoting a special preview of Rebels which again launches on the same day.

2) Disney is again hosting special events at Disneyworld on May the 4th, but more importantly May the 4th kicks off the Disney Star Wars Character breakfast which runs through the end of Star Wars Weekends.

3) Disney is launching a new Star Wars area in their Disney Stores on May the 4th with special events throughout the day. In addition Disney is launching their own line of Disney branded Star Wars merchandise (plush toys, figures, backpacks, clothing, etc.). That's a pretty big deal as they are effectively competing with Hasbro.

4) Disney endorsed special Star Wars themed episodes of The Goldbergs and The Big Bang Theory (The episode actually is centered around the May the 4th "holiday")

And this is in addition to all of the usual Lucasfilm promotion of the date on social media. through the official site and fan websites. Disney is trying to make this a big marketing day for the franchise going forward.

Yancy

Dra---, thejeditraitor and rdhight like this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    HAHAHAHA remember last year and you guys kept saying something would happen then? HAHAHAHAHA

JediGirl_Angelina and rdhight like this.
  11. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998

I certainly never said anything. But remember a year ago we were talking about a May 2015 release before it was delayed. It would have actually made sense then because people were expecting the film to be in front of cameras relatively soon.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Let me just say that I will be very very surprised if we even get any announcement by the 4th.

13. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Unless you expect them to delay the film, again, there are going to be some announcements within the next few weeks. It's really as simple as that.

Dra--- and Satipo like this.
  14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Remember last year when we were exactly one year farther out from the start of filming than we are now?

15. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Exactly. Anyone who thinks otherwise is looking for some really convoluted reasons not to accept the obvious. Within the next couple of weeks we will get announcements.

Can anyone give me one decent reason beyond some weird kind of paranoid cynicism why they think we won't get an announcement before PP?

16. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998

JJ's Mystery Box? The horrors inside must not be unleashed!!!!!

17. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    There has been an unusual and somewhat viral build up to May the 4th this year... They are definitely pushing it lots more this year. It does point towards something. The pieces are all there, Carrie, Mark and Harrison all in London, the viral videos and all the events.
    Personally I hope this goes for more than just an announcement of the "Big 3", I'd rather see the "Big 6" (Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Chewbacca, 3PO) announced as well as some of the new cast. To be honest a teaser would be pushing it right now, but I believe that is what we'll see at SDCC this year, along with a title reveal.

This will certainly be an interesting week for Star Wars, no doubt, given the potential of an announcement.
    (Well here's hoping!)
    May the 4th be with us all.

18. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    They are all in London to make an announcement that they're not in the movie. :p

Gallandro likes this.
  19. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    And that these guys will take their place.
    [​IMG]

Gallandro and Palpatine2016 like this.
  20. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Gallandro likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I never liked that pic, mainly because Justin Bieber is not part of the Disney Channel.

Gallandro likes this.
  22. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    StarWars.com just posted on their official Facebook feed:

23. Spork111

Spork111 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

It won't be long now. They've gotta have something for May 4 this time around...

JediGirl_Angelina likes this.
  24. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    JJ is sitting down with the cast tomorrow - maybe the announcement will be before May 4th......

25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I hate to sound pessimistic since I'm optimistic in nature, but Disney/Lucasfilm doesn't owe us any news. They are using May the 4th as a means to talk about Star Wars, getting people buzzing and excited about it so people buy the (new) books, watch the new show (and eventually buy the DVDs), and invest in the property they paid $4 billion for. Do I blame them? Not at all. They are a business and any business will use publicity, viral marketing and a "holiday" where a play on words sounds like "May the Force" to achieve what every business needs to survive: money.

1) Watch the Yoda Chronicles! Buy it on DVD when it comes out! A new show Rebels is coming out? Watch it and buy the DVDs! Hey, I hear books are coming out that tell stories before the events of the show! Oh, no way? I'm definitely buying it! Me too!
    2) Come to Star Wars Weekends. Bring your kids! (and your money!)
    3) Star Wars merch! $$$$$$$$
    4) Marketing to appear to the 18-blah blah blah demographic! (PS. The Big Bang episode aires May 1st.; Goldbergs - May 6th.)

PS: Disney owns ABC/CBS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.