main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"May the Force be with us!"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Blackfryar, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackfryar

Blackfryar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2007
    Hello I am a new registered member though I have been lurking here for years. Like most of you I'm waiting for the new TV series and its "promised secrets" with both excitement and apprehension. I want to expose this little problem to the SW fans out there: Toward the end of the first movie General Dodonna says the famous "may the force..." don't you think it's a little bit strange considering that most of the young pilots (like Luke) he is talking to don't know anything about Jedi Knights or Jedi culture? I mean, the Jedi are all but extinct at the time of ANH and 20 years have passed since the last ones were spotted. Very few people should know about Jedi, and only the most highest ranking officials like Grand Moff Tarkin and Princess Leïa Organa have heard of them.
    And toward the end of the final prequel movie, Darth Sidious says something like "we must stop this jedi rebellion or it will be civil war forever" so maybe Lucas wanted to associate Jedi with Rebellion from the beginning?
    My theory (just one more): We know that many jedi did survive order 66, I think the Emperor tells the senate that some of them did escape, and they must be hunted and "stopped", which will lead to the infamous Jedi Purge. We know that the Jedi have been exterminated by Ep IV, but it doesn't mean they were exterminated right from the beginning. It is possible that many of them decided to fight the new order, and that they naturally chose to join the Alliance. Then, the fact that many Rebels know about jedi stories becomes more understandable. And even more, since the Empire is so much more powerful than the little Alliance, the only way they could survive and even get bigger is to have people that can overcome impossible odds and become legendary by their heroic actions and Jedi are heroes. over time most of them will be vader-ised but the memory of them won't be forgotten and that's why most Rebels refer to them even after they have disappeared. Of course my theory is that TV series will probably tell the stories of some of these early heroes of the Rebellion.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Thats a lot read into that one line but I do like the idea. Some Jedi have to be around for the live action series, some for Fett to kill, some to help the rebellion, maybe even some that have gone wacko and lost their minds. Maybe they wont be the main characters but I hope they have them. Star Wars without Jedi would be like cereal without milk.

3. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Remember, Admiral Akabar also says; "May the force be with us."

Its seems to me, this is easy to explain. the Rebellion basically upholds the ideals of the Old Republic.
    Republic. Essentially, it wants to see a return to how the Republic was run, before Palpatine, The Clone Wars and The Empire. The Jedi Knights were instrumental in how the Old Republic was run. They played a pivitol role in maintining peace and justice. So, clearly, The Rebellion would would aim to restore the Jedi Order once The Empire has been defeated. So, I don't think its any surprise that the leaders of the Rebels use Jedi terms like, MTFBWU and I'm not sure its something that needs to be explained by the TV series.

4. Blackfryar

Blackfryar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2007
    they were also instrumental in most of Alliance success : destruction of the deathstar 1, death of the emperor and the sith (for most viewers starwars ends with Ep VI). It would be no surprise to me that they played a key role in the early Rebellion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.