main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May the Force be with you- A Paranormal Discussion.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Qui-Rune, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I know of something that might help in your work/income situation. PM me for details...

2. Qui-Rune

Qui-Rune Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Treecave:

Thanks for upping this thread...

A lot of weird stuff is going on....
    I actually do feel a great disturbance in the Force...

It is of course related to whats going on...

BUt all of a sudden, I am meeting people who seem to fit too perfectly into my existance...more than a series of strange coincedences.

Very weird...I am meditating on these meetings.

3. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Qui-Rune, I know what you mean.

I've suffered my whole life from serious chronic depression. I've had moments of sublime joy and bliss and contentment, and I have a lot of laughter, and since I'm not sure normal happy people often reach those emotions, I don't feel too cheated to have the depression the rest of the time. But those feelings never lasted more than a week, maybe 10 days - usually only hours.

About 3 weeks ago, I felt a weird feeling, a good one. I finally identified it as plain old happiness - something I've never quite felt, even when I felt good. Shockingly, I have maintained that feeling for 3 weeks now. Instead of being constantly on the brink of depression, I'm effortlessly staying positive, determined, hopeful and most importantly, relaxed.

After the first two weeks of happiness, some very cool things started happening. Things that I once thought would MAKE me happy. It's like, now that I've found happiness on my own, these things can happen because I won't be hoping they will fix me. This means I'm open to some very good things happening, which I really never was before.

This sounds all nice and fun for me, but what's the point for the world? Well, what IS the point of saving the world, making it a better place, enlightening everybody? To end suffering. In a world without suffering, we wouldn't have people working their butts off to save baby seals from clubbing - it wouldn't be needed. We wouldn't have peace protests because we wouldn't need war. So all my life I've been this bitter, stoic control freak working myself to the bone to improve the world, knowing all the time my ego had me going in circles. This happiness is me stepping out of the circle, my dropping my suffering.

Because when you get down to it, you can't END suffering or work to stop it - as long as you're fighting it, there's conflict, and conflict IS suffering. You're fueling it by fighting it. The only solution is to simply drop suffering, be yourself no matter what, and be satisfied no matter what life throws at you. This is the lesson Luke learns when he throws down his saber in ROTJ, and it's also the lesson of Siddhartha and countless religious and mythological figures. But knowing it's not enough, you have to live it in order to really get it, and I just wasn't getting it. The difference between knowing the path and walking it, I guess.

4. Qui-Rune

May 18, 2002
    Profound, Treecave.....

wow.

You have just enlightened me.....Thank you.

5. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    :)

Oh, hey, I have an appropriate story for this thread. Back in June of 2002, when AOTC was still in theaters, my cousin and I were occasionally hanging out at this coffee shop on Sunset Blvd. We saw some minor celeb one night while we were there - you do see people, even big stars, in that area occasionally. But they're always local, and it's not exactly a hotspot for seeing them. You can go a month of hanging out there 3-4 times a week and not see anyone you recognize.

My cousin said, "Hey, let's use the Force to make us see Ewan McGregor up here sometime!" I said, "Okay, but I think he lives in London, so that'll be a tough one. With most of the ones we see, they at least live in L.A., so the odds of them coming by the coffee shop while we're here aren't all THAT astronomical. He'd have to be in L.A., AND happen to come by this place while we're here." My cousin said, "It'll happen in 2 months." We concentrated some energy on it.

Two months later, in August, we went to the coffee shop. There was a guy in a white t-shirt and jeans who looked oddly like Ewan McGregor, and we joked about it. Then we went outside and sat down, started talking and forgot all about it. I saw a guy walking by with his arm around a woman, and at first I thought it was the Ewan lookalike - white t-shirt, jeans, same haircut. Then I looked closer - not quite the same haircut. Then I realized, this guy actually WAS Ewan McGregor. He and his wife walked by, and he had that vague "please no one notice me" expression that actors sometimes get. My cousin and I stared, dumbfounded. The whole thing was so surreal - so EXACTLY what we had intended to manifest - that we couldn't quite believe it.

That night at home, just to make absolutely sure it was him and not someone who somehow looked exactly like him, I searched the net until I found a recent pic of him and his wife, and there was no doubt.

6. Aged-Master-Genghis

Aged-Master-Genghis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
    "You have just enlightened me.....Thank you."

Before Enlightenment: Gather water, chop wood.
    After Enlightenment: Gather water, chop wood.

7. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    Yes, Ghengis, through enlightenment, it is only YOU who changes, not the world.

LOL! That sounds so heavy I want to follow it with "There is no spoon" just so everyone knows I don't take myself all that seriously.

You know, something else occurred to me recently. There is a problem with all quests to make the world a better place, and that's that they take things too seriously. I sort of covered this in my earlier post, but I want to be clear on what I'm thinking. Yoda is a joker. Some of the gods and great heroes in myth and religion are pranksters, and teach people through humor. Often, the initiate is terribly offended that the master is making fun of him... only to realize it's his own swollen ego that takes it all so seriously.

I think the only way we'll really improve the world is by doing it in a way that allows us to have fun at the same time. Humor is so important - it's the essence of joy and everything we think we're "fighting" for. Humor is why George Carlin can issue scathing comments against the first Gulf War, but Martin Sheen is in jeopardy of losing his career for expressing similar ideas in very serious tones. Carlin isn't asking anyone to debate with him - he's not inviting conflict. Sheen is, by taking himself too seriously.

All my life, I've mistakenly taken the serious approach. I realize this sounds crazy and/or heartless, but in a sense, the best protest against the war would be to wink and say, "Yeah, I heard they're doing something over there, but I don't pay any attention." By ignoring the Great Somber Reality of the war, you disempower its reality. And before anyone argues that this is just escapism... well, yeah, if it's a purely mental exercise. But I sincerely believe that if you think about a thing, you're fueling it - everything, from thought to event to matter, is energy. By ignoring a thing, you can really disempower it.

A negative example of disempowering by ignoring is people with personality disorders. These people are damaged enough that at some point in youth they simply turned off some parts of their personality and put all their energy into the functional parts, like money-making, manipulating people, etc. Basic survival skill stuff. When you are a child or mate of such a person, you slowly realize there's a lot missing inside them, and you can't understand how they can be totally comfortable being cruel to you, or simply not noticing your suffering. You can waste your whole life trying to get them to acknowledge YOUR reality, but they never will (perhaps they can't). As long as they ignore your reality, you become more and more disempowered, beginning not even to see your own reality clearly anymore. And it continues until you get away from them.

Surely this negative thing could be turned into a tool for good.

Okay, I'm seriously rambling, so I'll quit now. :D

8. Qui-Rune

May 18, 2002
    Good Point TreeCave.

In my initial post I said I didn't want to discuss religion but I want to bring up an analogy to your post.

The Devil. The Devil, in my opinion, is a fictious, man-made deity. However...mankind has manifested it into existance. Is it possible that so many people believe in it, focus on it (it doesnt matter if its positive focus or negative focus)and actually empower this "demon"? It doesnt exist but mankind has created it and continues to feed it with energy.

The same can be sad for GOD and Santa Clause.
    Just as TreeCave said above....thought is energy...if thousands of people empower something with thought it will manifest into an energetic state...in my opinion at least.

The Force works in mysterious ways.

9. Falcone

Falcone Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2003
    i do belive in the Force, and to answer the question "whi can't all people use it?", the answer is simple; we are curently using 5% of our brane potential. geniuses can get top 13%. humans aren't ready yet for the Force. here's a site to help you cone your senses:
    jediteachings.com

10. Qui-Rune

May 18, 2002
    Hey Treecave....

I agree.

That link was broken....here's a another great site.

The Force Academy

11. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    That's one of the theories posited in the Holographic Universe: our thoughts create a collective reality. One of the ways this theory got tried out was that it was discovered that a drug that was used in two different parts of the world had two entirely different effects.

12. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    Hey, Qui, it was Falcone who posted that link. We're using the same icon. :)

I've heard the theory about how little of our brains we use, and also heard other scientists who say that's like arguing we only use 5% of the small intestine just because there isn't anything going on in every section of it all the time.

However, I am partial to the holographic theory (who wrote that book, JM? I've got to read it). Even separate from the hologram paradigm, scientists were theorizing that the brain stores information holographically, and this explains why oftentimes when a part of the brain is lost to injury or disease, its functions or memories can be transposed into other parts, and survive. Another interesting point: the next big step in data storage for computers is expected to be a sort of holographic hard drive. Does this mean we're really close to developing a primitive replica of our brains? What if we accidentally develop AI without even knowing it, due to our lack of information on how our own brains work?

13. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    I don't have the book handy, but it should be in either the General Science or Physics section of your local UberCorp Book Chain.

14. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    UberCorp Book Chain...

hehehehe.... hee hee hee.... hehehe....

For some reason that makes me giggle.

Okay, I'm done.

15. Qui-Rune

May 18, 2002
    Sorry TreeCave...

I didnt mean to confuse you with someone else.

Anyway...that site I posted shows a lot of meditation and everyday practice to learn "the ways of the Force"

The meditation and breathing excercises really help. I actively use them in my "rituals" all though I don't like to use those terms.

I grew up in Bucks County, Pa. which has a lot of Wiccans. I admire their religion. It is Earthen....based around the powers of nature. I have incorporated that into my own spiritual beliefs and celebrate the solctices, lunar cycles, etc.

Where they lose me is with the God and Goddess. I do not believe in that sort of deity.

I do, however believe in the power of nature...ultimately...the power of "the Force".

16. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Found it!
    The Holographic Universe
    by Michael Talbot

ISBN # 0-06-092258-3

17. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    Thank you! Gonna go check that sucker out.

Hey, QR, I realized I've been to that site before. It's a revamp of one of the old sites of an online group that considers themselves real Jedi Knights, or at least aspiring-to-be. They're not as wacky as they sound, except when RPG gamers get in there thinking it's a big joke. They are actually just a buncha nerds discussing philosophy, techniques for meditation and Force-usage, etc. Pretty cool stuff, I agree.

There are other sites. I will try to PM you about it later - remind me if I don't.

18. Qui-Rune

May 18, 2002
    Not to change the subject, but...

I have a very heavy heart for the troops in Iraq.

I feel an unusual connection to them...I do not know anyone who is over there, but there is a closness non-the-less.

19. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    Interesting. Sorry it's bothering you.

I've had a heavy heart for the last few days, but it's nothing to do with Iraq. I just kinda feel like I'm swimming upstream. Perhaps I have an empathetic connection to salmon? Hehehe... nah, I don't know what it's about, but it feels like everyone is kind of withdrawn right now. I want to just say, "Well, they're upset about the war/economy/bags under their eyes/whatever" but the point is that everyone seems to be upset about something at the same time.

I think this is where astrology came from - someone else observed that the whole human race seems to go through mood swings together, and decided there must be something controlling our emotions. I don't believe that, but I do think that as we're all just energy, and so is everything else, sometimes the energy of the universe hits us differently than it does at other times.

20. Qui-Rune

May 18, 2002
    I agree...

we are all feeling the vibe. It is a good thing. A lot of good will come out of this...I can feel it.

There is also an unusual calm... a lower energetic state.

21. _Darth_Brooks_

_Darth_Brooks_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    "The Devil. The Devil, in my opinion, is a fictious, man-made deity."

Think so? Why don't you just ask him. Keep asking, you'll find out.

Better yet, try turning to Christ and see what happens. If you've been into the occult you'll find out. ;) Pretty fair chance the ole paranormal meter will go right of the scale.

Siddartha...I used to like the words attributed to him, 'til I thought about the four great truths and realized every idiot knows life is suffering, etc. They were really pretty common realizations. Then it dawned on me he was a dead beat dad. I tried to rationalize he left his child and wife well taken care of...but material things don't replace a father in the eyes of a child. His enlightenment didn't seem so enlightened anymore to me. To each their own.

22. Qui-Rune

May 18, 2002

Define Occult for us, Darth Brooks.

And yes, I think the devil is man-made. So is Santa Clause, Zeus, Ra, God and any other deity you can imagine.

However....this thread was not created to debate religions or their dieties.

It would be a great spot to tell us of some of the more paranormal experiences that you have had.

23. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    We must've hit him pretty close to the mark to get him all riled up like this, huh, kid?

:p

"Lives on sale in aisle 14! A bargain you don't want to miss! Get yours now!"

24. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Just passing by :).

Interesting discussion.

25. Qui-Rune

May 18, 2002
    I want to know opinions of Crossing Over, with John Edward.

Is he a real medium? Does he really talk to the dead? I think he can at least sense their presence.

But if so many dead people are all around us just in a different dimension, what does that say about our "modern" beliefs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.