main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May the Force be with you- A Paranormal Discussion.

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Qui-Rune, Mar 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Darth_Brooks_

_Darth_Brooks_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    Grand Designer,

I would like to politely ask you what personal experience you have with the demonic to formulate this opinion?

"Nothing is bad unless you perceive it that way anyways. And the only one who can manage your perception is your own self."

I do have personal experiential knowledge of the demonic, not merely opinions on something anecdotally gleaned from a reading list on the subject, and I can inform you with the voice of experience that it is much more than merely my opinion that renders your view completely erroneous, it is the diabolical beings themselves. They are thoroughly, abjectly evil, and to such a magnitude their invasive malevolent presence can cause your very own body to reflexively shudder and convulse almost entirely out of your own control in utter repugnance to their unmitigated presence. They are malignant harbingers of raw undiluted evil and terror. There are instances when hatred may be good, as I hate them in sound conscience. There is no room for sympathy with such creatures. Of their own volition they've chosen darkness and horror, it is in what they receive their own merciless distorted pleasure. They are not poor unfortunate misguided repenitent beings deserving of our own condescending sympathies. Do not be deceived.

I'm certain we'll have to agree to disagree here. You seem to at least acknowledge that they are real, but your appraisel of their characteristics might need some reconsidering.

In so far as men blaming too much on the demonic, I do agree with you, frequently they are scape-goated where more than likely no manifestation has happened, then again, it can be difficult to determine. Staying veiled works in their favor the majority of the time. But, don't underestimate those prowling miserable creatures.

2. Qui-Rune

Qui-Rune Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Darth Brooks:

Interesting point of view and experience.
    Although I personally have never had an encounter with a "demonic" entity, I have heard experiences from credible sources of such encounters. They, however were referred to as evil or negative energies and not really as demons.

Now, if people like John Edward can truely encounter the spirits/energies of the deceased so vividly, I am sure that their are entities of an evil or negative nature that sensitive people can encounter.

I do feel that the individuals who have such experiences are more "sensitive" than others.

3. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Has anyone's precongition gotten a bit stronger of late?

4. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    If you mean, as in the past few months, yes. Actually, mine's just going off the meter lately, and more of the stuff I'm getting is helpful than it used to be.

I had something I was going to ask you guys, but I thought of it while at work and have forgotten it since. I've been really busy all evening too, so my brain and a bowl of noodles have a lot in common right now.

5. GrandDesigner

GrandDesigner Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2003
    I would like to politely ask you what personal experience you have with the demonic to formulate this opinion?

"Nothing is bad unless you perceive it that way anyways. And the only one who can manage your perception is your own self."

I do have personal experiential knowledge of the demonic, not merely opinions on something anecdotally gleaned from a reading list on the subject

First, I'll say that years ago, I'd easily tell you of my experiences and go into as much detail as I could recall to give credence to what I say. Those times have passed. But, I'll try and shed some more light on the subject.

There's a point I got to where I realized my own perception is the only perception that matters. Like yours should be to you, this is the only me I know. But that point was reached after many years. I dont know if any of you can relate to this, but it would not surprise me if some or many could. A long time ago I openly challenged the Beast, Satan, Hatred, everything messed up that could be thrown at me. And you know, I'm sure, exactly what happened. It was thrown at me. But I'm a glutton for punishment. I egged it on. And it came. Knocked me right on my a$$. For a long period of time. There are other more humourous things that happened too, though, but I'll save that for later.

Then a couple of years ago, I started tracing things back. I see where all that negativity stemmed from, personally. Thats when I started seeing that nothing that ever happened to me was more than what I asked for in some way or another. Thats the way the system works. I had everything happen to me that I wanted. But they also happened in ways that I could learn specific things through.

Oh, and after reaching that "point" I got to...that was only the beginning of the path.

But, here...I've just had a thought. When you go against or dislike or belittle what you consider Satan, the Devil, hatred, the Dark Side to be...you might be knocked on your ass. You are still in complete control of your perceptions...but in some odd way, I can see that when you do such a thing as belittle that dark side....you're disrespecting a part of yourself that can be very vengeful. If not to others...to your own self. And when I say you, I dont mean you Darth Brooks...I mean 'you' generally...and how it is to me, too.

And no, I dont skim books or topics or whatnot. I will admit some readings I've come across are enlightening and I try and incorporate them into how things are to me. So, I just write as I see things...and there's one constant...and thats change. For I know my opinion has changed in the past. But as we'll agree, the time for beings to blame the Devil are done. And if I said the reason for that is that the Devil has reached the "point" and is now starting his journey <<lets hopes it's not too bumpy>> and that I forgave Him, who'd believe me anyways? There's so much to write, and to understand completely, there are millions of writings that need to come together. These thoughts, even here, seem so sporadic only because there's so much really to be said. Lets get it together!

But, ultimately...your perception is everything. Here's a funny, I think I'll put into my signature.

Are you remembering this?

Grand ol' Designer

EDIT:I changed it to "If you can remember this, you're half way there!" Did I mention change is constant? Whys that so important? Dont ask me! Tell me!

6. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Well, I just found this thread, and I enjoyed reading through the previous pages. Here's a bit of my thoughts...

_Darth_Brooks_, I know what you mean about the demonic. I have had two seperate dreams in which I fully believe I was attacked by them. When I woke up, I knew with total clarity that the demonic forces had come against me in some way; exactly how you described them. Not like a mere nightmare, or even night terror. (I've had both, both before and since.) I do agree they're blamed for more than they do, as you said.

In a bit lighter tone, to the general crowd, I would mention how I seem to be luckier than I should be. Nothing overly amazing, just things like not walking on something sharp that I couldn't have seen, not getting sick as often as anyone else in my family, guessing better than I should be able to what card will appear next, or just finding what I was looking for in someplace I normally wouldn't even have considered, much less looked at right off the bat. The most specific case I can think of is when our family had a car accident. The car was totalled, my sister got her mouth so swollen she couldn't eat anything but soup for a couple of weeks, and both her and my parents had a couple dozen small pieces of safety glass stuck in them and they were sore for days afterwards. I wasn't hit by any glass, and I was fine almost immediately. The only injury I had sustained was one the entire family had suffered: our backbones were twisted into curves. Even then, we found a good, cheap chiropractor who managed to help all of us. Even then, I was the quickest to recover.

Lastly, I've noticed you all talk about many different "paranormal" abilities, but no one has mentioned psychokinesis. Does anyone have any stories about that?

7. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    Nope, I haven't had any luck with psychokinesis. Have you?

Weird how some psychics seem lucky while others seem to attract an unusual amount of resistance and hostility from the universe.

8. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    RBG, your luck sounds like mine. It's not so much that good things happen, it's that bad things don't. And it seems to run in my family.

Like the time my uncle was stabbed through the ribcage. The blade cut -but did not sever- a major artery. Had the blade gone either a few centimeters deeper, or cut a few centimeters in a different direction, and he'd be a goner. As it was, he was out of the hospital within a week's time.

9. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    I HAVE avoided a few bad things myself. When I was 7, I was riding my bicycle and a bit sunblinded when I suddenly realized they'd put up a big chain between these two polls at the school where I always rode. I was already headed toward the chain and it was too late to stop. Something told me to speed up, which I did, and I went through the chain. It was a very thick, sturdy chain, and I broke it with my scrawny neck. My mother coulc barely believe it, but aside from a slight scrape that healed instantly, I was fine. My dad went over to look at the chain - brand new, with links as thick as a woman's little finger. The next day, I heard two maintenance men at the school discussing that someone must have sawed through it.

On the other hand, if I make the slightest bad decision, even with the most noble of intentions, the universe precedes to kick my *** into next week. I couldn't figure out what I'd done wrong for the past 3 years, then I realized all my misfortunes had forced me back into contact with someone I left behind about 4 years ago. I thought I left the person behind for good reasons, but now I can see how maybe it was a huge mistake. Although I'm still confused because I believe in the Buddhist idea of no separation, so I can't understand why a relationship would be so important - we're all already related in energy, anyway.

10. Qui-Rune

May 18, 2002
    Greetings and Salutations,

Precognition? YES! As a matter of fact, yesterday I was compelled to check this thread and said to myself "I have to post here", because I have had a lot of feelings and precognitive thought and wanted to find out if anyone else did as well. For me, it has been high over the last few weeks.

Interesting...very interesting.

Anyway...I check here, now and am truely amazed at the topic that kick started this post again....good job Knight Rider!

The Force works in mysterious ways...

11. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Jedi Merkurian, that's what I was trying to say, but couldn't think of the proper terms. So, thanks for the assistance, as accidental as it may be...

12. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    I knew you were gonna say that!

13. _Darth_Brooks_

_Darth_Brooks_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    ReallyBoring Guy

Yes, they will strike at you in dreams, and you'll definitely know what you're experiencing isn't a normal dream. Generally, you'll have a wakeful state of realization while in a state of sleep. In my later teens I experienced a succession of such dreams, and then years later a very prominent one in which I'd no sooner closed my eyelids than there were two gargoyle-ish looking faces demanding that I "Renounce Christ!"

The series of horrendous 'dreams' went on literally for weeks. At times I didn't want to sleep when fatigued because of them, and soon began reading up on dreams for a remedy. One book instructed the reader to repeat to oneself it 'is only a dream,' to assert self-control, and to slowly bring oneself to wakefulness. In the next nightmare I did precisely follow those instructions. Guess what...it didn't work. The creatures laughed at me as I tried to rouse myself, to open my eyes...and I was fully concious. There was a sense of being literally levitated, although I couldn't open my eyes to verify such control was being exerted over my body. But I certainly felt the bed and then the absence of my body against the bed. The demonic are adept at deception in such a way that it is hard at times to determine what is merely a mental illusion or trick and what is not. I'll explain this in a subsequent post. I told my grandmother about it afterwards, even reciting the conversation from the other room and dialogue being emitted from a television program, explained these nightmares had been ongoing for a duration of about 2 weeks. In retrospect, I think she must have prayed for me, as after our conversation the nightmares ceased to continue. I wasn't religious, and subsequently, with time, nolonger thought anymore about it, or sought to convince myself the episodes were merely a sequence of weird 'dreams.'It would be a few years before I had my conversion experience, and before any overt attacks again occurred. Previous to this I can think of two instances, one in my adolescence in a "dream," and one very powerful incident at age 17 when I was fully awake in a kitchen. Again, I blew it off after a few days, didn't really ponder it, or make any connections to it until years later. I think that's what most people do, just blow it off, explain it away, over-rationalize it, or relegate it to the mental trash pile. I do believe everyone at some point in life encounters something which they recognize isn't a "natural" phenomenon.

I've noticed that frequently this type of phenomenon occurs during the initial stages of sleep, in what I refer to as the real 'twilight zone,' an area where, for whatever reason, people seem most susceptible to 'outside influences.' Very lucid dreamings. This is where most supernatural occurences/contact in the realm of 'dreams' apparently happens.

A dream.

My late grandfather once told me that whenever he had a dream about snakes someone he knew died. Flash-forward years later. I'm having an incredibly lucid dream, one in which my grandfather and I are in a decrepit log cabin. It's dark outside, and we are tirelessly battling venomous snakes. In the dream it seems for hours. Finally, through one of the windows I see the first light of dawn crawling over the black silhouetted mountains. We've successfully fought off the snakes, fended them away. I'm awakened from the dream exactly then by the phone ringing. It's my aunt's sister calling from a local hospital where she's employed. She says there is someone admitted with my name. I explain I was named after my grandfather, then head over to the ICU. I visit with my grandfather, and then before leaving remember the dream. I said,"Grandfather, remember the time you told me that when you dream about snakes someone always dies?" He nodded, 'yes.' "Grandfather, I've never had a dream with you in it to my knowledge before this morning, and there were snakes. But you and I fought them off. You're gonna be okay."

My grandfather survived then, dying some a few years later.

I have another "dream" t

14. Qui-Rune

May 18, 2002
    Thanks for sharing, Darth Brooks....I believe you.

Too many people have visions from within their dreams.

The Force is strong in you...

15. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    Brooks, I believe you. I have had some dreams that weird... mine just didn't involve demons per se. I have had shared dreams with friends (we later confirmed with each other that we'd had the same dream), I've had contact with people and spirits... just not demons.

My best guess as to the reason why not demons... if you read my first post in this thread, I experienced my grandmother's death firsthand, as if it was happening to me, when I was 15. In the process of dying, she was forced to see herself for what she'd really been, and it wasn't pretty. While I would never try to convince anyone else "This is what happens when we die", I fully expect to have a reckoning - you would call it judgment, and most religions have some term for it, so I just call it "reckoning". So, from the age of 15 on, I almost went a bit overboard on the "facing my demons" thing. Any flaw, any misdeed, anything I didn't get right, and I aggressively worked to fix it. This might be why my demons don't need to attack me in dreams to get my attention.

Of course, noble as my attempt at perfection sounds, it just led to another series of lessons: it's not enough to behave morally, you must sincerely feel the compassion and love that trigger morality. I was following mental morals out of duty. Eventually, I stopped doing this - nothing illegal or disgusting, just subtle changes of attitude that were in line with my true level of compassion and love (not very high). Then, the level of compassion began to rise on its own, and the compassionate behavior returned on its own.

Well, back to the paranormal. Anyone ever had a dream where you were definitely partly awake and there was an entity in your room? I've heard things similar to this from others. My experience with it was that the entity was sort of silvery, like a hologram, when I saw it, and appeared human. But for the most part, I didn't "see" anything -- we conversed and sort of shared emotions directly. This entity was NOT otherworldly - he had all the basic doubts and fears of any mortal human.

16. GrandDesigner

Mar 8, 2003
    I'm glad to see that most events are from the past. When I tell you that His 2000 years are up...I know you wont believe me. But I will tell you that His methods were slick back then.

He knew the only way to seduce a soul was to make them fear. And fear is something expected from a monkey. For a monkey knows, from observation, there is death.

He played on that. But, as I said, His time to worry about persuading souls is over.

Humans were above Him. And He was given 2000 years to challenge...and persuade Men that His way was right. He asked for that time and He got it.

Now He has His own experiences to get through, just as anyone does.

Dont fear any more. If you have a problem...or a question...just ask your neighbour...friend...anyone. You dont know which neighbour is or isn't God. But you can consider their opinion at your own will.

Grand ol' Designer

p.s. sorry for the abruptness of my posts...even I can loose a bit of restraint when I've had a few. There's so much to be said and shared between us all. Loosing those restraints may not be all too bad.

17. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    (scratches head, re-reads, opens mouth... scratches head again)

ok. but I'm not sure I understood more than 60% of that.

Most events are indeed from the past, but some are from Detroit. Those are the ones you should watch out from.

Nah, I'm completely sober - all natural lack of inhibitions.

:D

18. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Anyone ever had a dream where you were definitely partly awake and there was an entity in your room?

I'm not sure if this constitutes exactly what you mean, but there was one incident I had that seems similar. I was just trying to work on my relaxation techniques to help me try and induce out of body experiences. Well, one night, I got to the point where I was quite relaxed and just holding onto the edge between wake and sleep. I could certainly sense the presence of the entity that frequently visits me, and I was looking forward to communicating with him. However, as I was laying there, I suddenly felt a strong pressure against the back of my leg (almost like a hand grabbed it) and it promptly caused me to lose my concentration. Needless to say I wasn't too happy about that because I seriously wanted to maintain that state of consciousness for a while. And for some reason, it's been getting increasingly difficult to achieve that state again.

19. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    Tam, that's funky. On a related note, I was doing a meditation for a while that would go really deep, and I would begin to feel like I was going to throw up, but instead of backing down I kept going. The vertigo/nausea would keep going, but I never actually became ill, and I would get incredible visions and stuff in it. Then I started having dreams where people were trying to help me with stuff in my life, and suddenly I couldn't get into that state anymore. It may well be a good thing - maybe it wouldn't be healthy to keep doing that. But I was disappointed.

You have an entity that visits you, huh? I have several, but none of mine are spirits, exactly. A cousin and some friends of mine have all experienced feeling each other around from time to time. For example, I'll suddenly think of my friend in Toronto, and she will email later that day to say she felt my presence around her earlier. We also get "visitations" from people we don't know well enough to discuss it with, so we can't confirm those, but it's interesting stuff.

Really, the only danger with this stuff is in thinking you know precisely what it means and/or taking actions based on it. It's no more sensible to trust everything some invisible entity tells you than it is to trust everything your parents tell you - anyone can make a mistake, so always double-check.

20. Dark Jedi Tam

Dark Jedi Tam Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2000
    Exactly. Many books that I bought (most pertaining to psychic protection) after my first encounter stress that if you ask them (spirits) for any insight, take it as simply advice and make your own decisions based on what you feel is right.

I haven't really experienced anything as far as connections with other people (anymore that is), for me, it's mostly with otherworldly beings. The one that visits me has been doing since March of last year. Well, technically March was when he first introduced himself, but August up until now I've experienced more dreams and visits from him.

And I find I was more sensitive when I was in my teens than now. I remember that I would just start singing a song in my car, then the next song following on the radio would be that song. One dream I had even predicted the future. It seems like over the years, I've lost that touch and am now struggling to get it back. Lucid dreams used to come very easy to me in my teens, but I ended up not having those for a long time too. It was only until recently that I started having them again and I began to record them.

{Edit: spelling... stupid cat ate my fingers}

21. Qui-Rune

May 18, 2002
    Greetings and Salutations,

Has anyone felt affected by the full moon?

The other night (before it was completely full)

I was meditating...lying down which is not common for me. I was on my back and began my typical meditation breathing.

After relaxing, I felt my head turn...it was being pulled towards the moon (to the left, outside the window). I didnt fight it...I continued to relax. Then I felt my body being pulled in that direction as well.

It was such a unique sensation...

22. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    I've just been incredibly moody. Mostly I've had this weird sort of depression I get from time to time that's health related (as opposed to a real emotional state).

But you know, now that you mention it, I didn't even notice when the full moon was, but on the night of it I had an incredibly funky dream. It was like this person was explaining some things to me for hours on end while I watched a silly home movie about his life. It put me in a terrific mood for most of the next day, and I don't know why, but ya know... whatever.

23. GrandDesigner

Mar 8, 2003
    Every sensation is not only unique, but personal. All we have are words to try and express and relate these experiences to others. If we could pass along visions to others, as easy....well, a picture is worth a billion words, they say.

A thought...I cant say...

Grand ol' Designer

24. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    Treecave The reason I bring this up is that the modern belief in "mere coincidence" is a particularly fatalistic view.

Wow...love this topic so much. Have you ever read the Celestine Prophecy Treecave? There is a part in the book that deals with coincidences and how most people just overlook them and write them off as just coincidences instead of maybe a subtle message or path that one may begin to go down.

Anyways, I am currently taking a class at my college about states of consciousness. We experiment by putting ourselves in the different states of consciousness, particularly the Theta state...one of the deeper states, Delta being the deepest. And we take Journeys in this conscious state. It is most bizarre, but so cool. You really have to have an open mind about this. It is very deep meditation and literally I leave my physical reality and go where I feel the pull (of the Force, I suppose). I've had some really bizarre experiences.

I've had a really weird couple of days, and I would love to hear more weirdness from other people before I decide I've lost my mind and commit myself. Very strange stuff.

Felt the same, Treecave, with this Journeying . You want some weirdness, let me tell you, this one journey I had was extremely weird. Obviously, I am a huge SW fan and always felt there was something more to SW than the films and stories and the awesome visuals. GL has to be a pretty spiritual guy to come up with the concept of the Force and all the other references to particularly eastern philosophies, which have always interested me a great deal (raised Catholic, converted to Judaism...am I confused or what? :) ). Anyways, this one Journey I started in a forest with trees that had multi colored leaves, fuchsia, oranges, bright colors. Thru the leaves I could see a figure walking down a path. I went to him and it was Luke Skywalker. He did not talk but seemed sad. I met with my Spirit Guide and he told me that LS was a very old spirit of creativity, a mythological spirit who had inhabited many stories. He also tends to possess those connected to a story, such as George. He lived thru GL and gave GL the basis for his story on SW. After, he left GL and I'm not sure where he went next. But, recently I did a painting of Luke Skywalker for class and as I was painting it, I swore the figure was looking at me, I had to keep leaving because the effect was so unnerving. It was this spirit. And the painting was one of the best paintings I had ever done...the head of my department told me it was the best portrait he had ever seen of Mark Hamill. So, is that weird enough for you??? It is for me...but I keep journeying even though I'm not sure if I'm sane or not...(generally speaking, I am a pretty level headed individual, married with a daughter...and I do not do drugs :) ).

25. TreeCave

Jul 28, 2001
    You know, I've had a couple of weird Luke AND Obi-Wan dreams, but I don't know if they were really spirits per se, or just my mind's symbology, based on what the characters mean to me.

I used to fence, and I once had a dream I was sparring with Luke, and he noted that while I wasn't good enough to win the bout, I WAS blocking his every move with my foil - he said, "I can't get through to you at all" and I realized he sounded sad. Then I realized the dream meant something was trying to get through to me and I was blocking it.

The weird Obi-Wan dream was back in 1997, and I didn't even recognize it as an Obi-Wan dream until 1999, when Ep I came out. I dreamed that River Phoenix was walking through an underwater city, dressed in Jedi robes, and the city was inhabited by goofy-looking aliens, and he was very worried about something he couldn't pinpoint.

Obviously, once Ep I came out, I realized River in my dream was Obi-Wan in Jar Jar's city, having a "bad feeling" about everything. As for why I dreamed of River instead of Ewan McGregor - I didn't even know Ep I was being filmed then, let alone who was in it. I had always thought for some reason - until River died - that River would play Obi-Wan or someone in the prequels, if Lucas ever did the prequels. And Ewan kind of reminds me of him. So, in the weird jungle of my brain, it all makes sense.

I rarely have SW dreams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.