main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May the Fourth Be with You

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by catz44, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I have pom poms and felt......

PtrsonsZOO likes this.
  2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Is there anyone with a Costco or Sam's membership who can help with paper lunch bags for the Admiral Sackbar Puppets?

3. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I have a costco membership

4. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
  5. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    It's a trap !!

6. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    You can't repel cute of that magnitude!

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    16 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone out there willing to donate a few hundred Brown Paper Lunch Bags? I'm looking at you folks with the Costco/Sam's Club memberships. Our current estimates are in the 3K people range for the event. :eek:

8. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Ill see what I can find and let you know ;)

9. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    cyodarun was going to see if she could snag some, too.

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Costco was a bust, but I'm fairly confident that Sam's Club will have these. #4 Brown Paper Bags.

Don't forget... This Sunday is PREP DAY! We'll be at WOTR from Noon to 5pm making sabers and cutting paper.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  11. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I will be there for sure, is this just an RMFF thing?

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    This is a ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HELP OMG THERE'S SO MUCH TO DO! thing. :D

So, if you want to invite some Craft Ninjas, or just random folks to help cut, wrap and prep...I will not object. :)

13. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I am trying to make Chris come....

14. Dark Crafty

Dark Crafty Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 21, 2013
    I just need to decide if im going have the time/will to drive my 2 year old an hour and a half to get there!

15. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    We'll be there, but a bit late. Maybe like 2?

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    ALL HANDS ON DECK!!! We need LOTS Of help to get those foamsabers finished on Friday. ANYONE able to help us duct tape pool noodles Friday is welcome! We've got pizza coming around 6pm, so I just need a head count for those joining us then. Well behaved kids are welcome to join us, and kids who we can put to work are greatly encouraged!

17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Today we appeared on Colorado & Company to promote the event... And the Twitter and FB pages have EXPLODED with activity!

Tomorrow is Fox

FanForced, DieWompRatDie and catz44 like this.
  18. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    PARKING FOR THE DAY OF THE EVENT!!!!
    ** If you get there before 9AM, park in the office lot behind (the north side) the Hangar. We have permission to use their lot on Saturdays. This will be the easiest for you to enter for the day, and there is an exit only door there as well. We will have the Sally Port door open for any additional load-ins and to get the volunteers in easily.

** If you get there AFTER 9AM, be prepared to hike it in. You will also need to get your volunteer card from the front desk when you check in (which will allow you in/out access at the event and for the food trucks). There will also be a parking garage down the street which allows us use, but I have not confirmed that there will be a shuttle to & from that garage yet.

********* DO NOT PARK ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE BOMBER!!!! This is parking for those businesses in the other hangar & the Beer Garden. You can park on the street, at your own risk, but avoid all other business parking lots. *********

LUNCH
    ** If you got your background check in to the museum, then you are on the list for a free lunch! It will most likely be located in the Education Room, but you will be given that confirmed info the day of the event.

** If you did not get your background check in to the museum, there will be food trucks at the Hangar for the event, but it's on your own nickel. Everyone will be given a volunteer card when they check in at the event, and you will need that to come & go during the event, including for the food trucks.

WATER - Water will be provided for the event. EVERYONE STAY HYDRATED!

BRING IN YOUR OWN FOOD? - You may absolutely do this, and the Lowry Room will be unavailable to the public, so you can relax in there w/ your haul.

DRESSING ROOM - We will be doing most of our suiting up/down in the Lowry Room, and we will have cadets posted on the door to keep out the public. This is where your volunteer card will be necessary again. There are also public restrooms just a few feet from this room.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  19. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
  20. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I'm out for Friday. Three hours of saber making and I feel like I have a non-foam one stuck under my shoulder blade and between my ribs. I'm hoping this is better by Saturday, or there's no way I can get into a costume. :(

21. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    WORK STATION DUTIES

Saber 1 & Saber 2 – These are the two stations where we will be giving away Foamsabers to the kids, 12 and under. ONLY ONE SABER PER KID! When you give them a saber, you’ll need to mark their wristband with a Sharpie to show they have already gotten their one. Make sure to check the wristbands BEFORE handing out a saber.

Green Screen Adventures – You’ll be helping the photographer maintain the line and the flow of people through the area, and placing the number markers for each visitor. Each scene will have a number, and there will be a chart for them to choose from while they wait for the picture. You’ll also hand out the download link & password on a slip of paper to each participant.

Featured Photo-Op – Haven’t found another photographer for this one, so we’ll need at least one person to use the visitors’ camera to take their picture with the themed group. The other volunteers will maintain the line and help keep watch on the time. Each session is 50 minutes long, with a 10 minute transition period between groups. The dressing room will be within a few feet from the photography area.

X-Wing Duty – Minding the stairs and helping to get people through as efficiently as possible. You’ll also be watching the queue and making sure everyone in the line is there for the correct Boarding Pass period. As they reach the head of the line, you’ll “check” their Boarding Pass with a Sharpie to show that it’s been used. We have someone who will be at the top of the stairs most of the day, but he will need to be relieved for a couple few breaks over the course of the day. You will also need to keep an eye on the photographer, to see if he needs water, etc.
    PLEASE NOTE: When the photographer is done with his picture, the visitor is done. We have to get a minimum of 40 people through every hour, so we’ll be turning and burning them as quickly as we can safely manage.

FanFilms – Keeping an eye on the room to make sure it isn’t too full, and that the player is running properly. There will be a schedule of films to follow, and it’s pretty much like operating the average Blu-Ray Player. Please check in with Katie to make sure you know how to operate the equipment. If you know the films, you are also free to do some introductions if you’d like. It’s going to be pretty low-key, and a chance for some people to escape the melee a bit.

Floaters – This is the catch-all position. You might go relieve someone in any station for restroom breaks, running messages, carrying water to some of the people stuck in a station, checking on the photographers, warning about lines getting out of control. You’ll start at the Jabba’s Skiff Command Station, and work from there as needed.

22. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Thanks zoo, I'm getting excited!!! I think it is going to be an awesome event!

23. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm thinking Chris and I would get there around noon. Can we just show up at the front desk and get volunteer badges? Is there a space for costumed people to pose with folks, or is it all about manning stations?

24. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    It's both and the answer to the rest is YES! Glad to have you there!

25. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I applaud the degree of organization and preparation I'm reading about. It makes my detail-oriented heart happy. :D

nnaydolem and PtrsonsZOO like this.