main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May the Socks be With You... - August 16th @ Colorado Mills 16

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by LadyoftheMandalore, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    (we can always change the header again...)

Saturday, August 16th
    Colorado Mills 16 (I-70 & Denver West/Colorado Mills Blvd/Colfax - west end of town)
    12p-6p, (potentially earlier for news coverage)

Costumes, yes! We would like as many different characters as possible! Clone Wars era is great! Tusken would be awesome! Jedi is awesome! And my GM said he wants at least Darth Vader - (Sith_Slayer)

Payoff:
    Free movie passes!

Yes, we will have a room where costumes/clothes can be stored securely and people can change.

We will be coordinating with the 501st.

Sith__Chick's updated list for Urban Peaks...

Here is an updated list. I took out the duplicates, maybe someone else can play with it to make it pretty? Here is U.P's link http://www.urbanpeak.org/donate-inkind.html

Shelter Needs

Socks - unisex, boy?s or girl?s
    women?s underwear
    men?s boxers
    hooded sweatshirts
    winter hats
    gloves/mittens
    white t-shirts

toothbrushes/paste, dental floss, razors, shaving cream, q-tips, feminine hygiene products, deodorant, band-aids, chap stick, lotion, toilet paper, Kleenex

Linens, towels, wash cloths, blankets, pillows

backpacks (new), school & art supplies, combination locks, batteries (AA and D and 9V),

Cleaning supplies, brooms/dustpans, oven cleaner, Windex, dish soap, laundry detergent sponges, air fresheners, paper towels

non-perishable food items, can openers, boxed meals, snacks

over the-counter cold remedies (Sudafed, Tylenol), cough drops, Neosporin

drinking glasses/cups, silverware, pots &pans, plates & bowls, small trashcans, curtains/curtain rods, shower curtains/hooks; bathroom sets, light bulbs

microwave, coffee maker, Discmans/walkmans, CD?s, TVs, VCRs, DVDs

Office supplies (pens, copy paper, ink cartridges), Computers (Pentium II, 733 or higher MHz,
    128 Meg of memory, 8 gigabyte hard drive), Laser printers

Snow shovels, rock salt, assistance with landscaping

gift certificates:
    (clothing, movies, music stores, fast food restaurants, grocery stores, movie passes, phone cards)
    group activity passes:
    (bowling passes, indoor climbing, skating)

2. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I'll troop if I'm in town. Won't know until... end of July/early August.

3. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    I would love to costume in my Jedi Robes Katie! Count me in!

4. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    ...also, will there be a room or somewhere we can get in costume at the theater?

5. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    As long as I am not being sent by LFL to another premiere event out of the state, I'll definitely be there.

6. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm always up for costumed events.

7. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i am in. :) yeah!! how fun will that be!

8. Hydraness

Hydraness Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I'll be getting my twi'lek outfit done by then, I'd love to come!

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I will be there :D Do we have times yet? What do you need help with?

10. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    It is too early in the game for me to commit, but I am sure considering it.

11. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i guess i need to finish my clone now!

12. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Does your GM know that Vader isn't in the Clone Wars?

I'm not sure what my August schedule looks like yet, but I'd be open to dusting off Mr. Vader for this if I'm available.

Or, if there are any SL's over in the 501'st that have a burning desire to suit up, I'll respectfully yield the opportunity.

13. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Id call that a tentative "dibs" on it

14. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    We might be interested, maybe we will have a baby ewok costume done for Abigail.

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I could be persuaded to wear my Tusken. ;)

16. LadyoftheMandalore

Mar 28, 2007
    Yes, my GM does know Vader isn't in the CW. He's a HUGE Star Wars geek. He just wants highly recognizable characters there for the kids. He has been a fan for pretty much all his life, and is very, very proud of that fact.

Cory - I'm commandeering the party room for costume changing and storage for that day. It has a combination lock on it.

Kim - the promo should run from 12pm -6pm. That's our usual times anyway. If anyone wants to stay later over the 7pm set, that would be cool too. Business usually ramps to maximum for those times, so if you are planning on leaving in that time, it could get rather crazy. I'll be scheduled on until at least 8pm, and will stay later if need be.

Everyone can start showing up as early as we open, which will probably be around 9:30/10:00am if you so desire.

I have a bunch of tables that we can set up to put banners/fliers/etc on. This can be as much about promoting the RMFF and the 501st as it is about promoting the movie.

17. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Or someone who has already made one of these might be persuaded to do it for you. [face_whistling]

18. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    A thought hit me today (ouch) as I was slow cooking in the truck today. With the time of the event and the heat that time of year having a few Vaders could be a good idea. Just a thought

19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    It might also help to have Vader inside. It'll be tough enough to be outside in any costume, but Vader is pretty much a oven. Multiple Vaders in shifts might not be a bad idea.

20. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i think he means it would be entertaining to watch them drop, cos that what i got out of the post!

21. Sith_Lord_Draco

Sith_Lord_Draco Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    I will be up there proably, and is it next to Games Workshop then i know where it is, if it aint then i may see you guys up there.... someplace...

-Donovan

22. LadyoftheMandalore

Mar 28, 2007
    We'll be pretty much totally inside, and I'll make it a point to turn the air conditioning in the lobby up for everyone! You'll only have to venture outside if you really want to. :)

...and yes, we're around the corner from Games Workshop, across "The Street" where Chili's Too, CPK and the new Nike store are. Outside the actual mall, but still technically a part of it. :)

23. Sith_Lord_Draco

Sith_Lord_Draco Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    I'm gonna have a bit of a problem then... cuz i know all the people at Games Workshop, and i will probly get stuck in there in a way... WOOT 40k :D

-Donovan

24. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

Linda and I are definitely...making plans to be there. This is the same day as the Denver Oyster Race that we were planning on doing. Blah!

If we're there, I'll be sporting Luke. And Linda would love to do [a] Boomer [costume]. ;)

25. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I would like to make this a charity event. In the past we have done food drives for Urban Peaks, I would love to do that again. Any thoughts?

p.s. I got the approval from LotM the other day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.