main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

May the Socks be With You... - August 16th @ Colorado Mills 16

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by LadyoftheMandalore, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    VERY cool...now if we could JUST get it inside! :)

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Don't scare Katie!!!! She mentioned that she didn't think it would fit inside, so it has been thought of.

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Sweet! I'm so glad that's going to work out! It should make for some great photo opportunities, and great advertising for the museum!

Where are we going to put it? Right in front of the theater? I don't remember if there was a pull off right in front, but it looks like there might be a spot right across the street, or by the roundabout...

Link to map.

Or is there enough room to put it in front of the box office? Hmmm.... might have to go look after work....

4. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Well, thanks to a traitor I lost my day off on saturday. Im going to try to get there as quick as I can itll prly be 3

5. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    OH NO Birr, that's ok, there will still be lots of fun to be had.

Bill, I think we are going to have to put it in the parking lot, somewhere. I have no idea of the layout.

6. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Theres a small street the goes right in front of the theatre. How about there?

7. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I have a bunch of scanned pages on my desktop that I can dig out if someone wants to print them, but it's mostly OT stuff. I just thought the Clone Wars ones would be better.

And then there's these

8. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    This is S__C: I don't think we can park it in a street or on the curb, we would have to get mall approval & my understanding is it takes 3 to 6 mos for that to happen.

It will have to be in a real parking area of some sort.

9. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Wow! The parking lot is not very far. :)

10. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Almost only counts in Horseshoes & Hand Grenades :p

11. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    You could probably park it in front of the mall across from the theatre. It's theoretically only 30min parking, but in all reality, in my three years of working at the theatre, I've never seen anyone even get a little yellow reminder notice from the rent-a-cops. Some of our employees have even parked there for their 8+ hour shifts. But get there early so you can find a spot for the float. Those spots tend to fill up quickly. (also, this is without authorization of the mall or theatre, officially)

Otherwise there are plenty of close spots in the parking lot. :)

*edit* and I did look at getting it in the doors of the theatre, but that is nigh impossible because the doors don't open up that far, and there are a lot, and I mean a lot, of weird angles in the theatre entrance.

12. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    This might have been discussed previously in the thread, but if so I did not see it, or perhaps at a meeting as well. Regarding the "benefit" to Urban Peak, is it strictly in the form of any hard goods donated, or is Regal coughing up a portion of the ticket proceeds as well?

Was it ever discussed to perhaps give those folks who donate stuff a reduced ticket price to see the show? I realize that it is now the eleventh hour, and most likely too late to institute such changes. Nonetheless, I thought I'd at least throw these thoughts out for consideration.

LotM, regarding our staging/changing area - are there any readily-accessible power outlets? I'm good for about 2-3 hours of runtime, but in order to electronically survive the entire six-hours +/-, I'll need to recharge...literally.

Lastly, how early do we need to arrive? Will the changing area be available at 11:00? 10:00? I myself will need about 1/2 an hour to 45-minutes to suit up. Whom should we ask for upon arrival? Thx.

S_S

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I didn't think the Theater would be able to do that on box office $, but I think there are concession stand coupons or something????

ZOO was going to try & get a hold of Mary Franklin, but I don't know where that went.

I'm still trying to get the news on this & Catz is helping, it's just not going anywhere :(

I can't even get UP to call me back on how to get this stuff to them at this point in the game. 1.2.3 - Not going to my place :p

I was thinking about getting costumed people at the doors of the Mall & passing out list of donation items with boxes in tow. At least until we get kicked out. At the 89th day the Mall told Katie they needed 90 days to get anything approved. If they would have gotten off their butts they would have had plenty of time to help us promote this.

14. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I sent something to them, but with the catastrophe that is my life right now, I don't think I ever followed up. And I seem to recall that it during the Celebration Japan time frame, so it may have gotten lost in the shuffle. :(

15. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Totally lost I'm sure [face_plain] It will still be a great event and we get another reason for dressing up & making new costumes, dressing other people up in our extra costumes & dusting off old costumes.

Win - Win in my book.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I saw KathE from Starland last nite...she was very excited about our event. Starland will be sending it out to their mailing list this week...so free advertising is always nice.

17. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    A co-worker runs a volunteer organization group in town and she's promoting the event on her website as well. With over 400 members, that's another good bunch of folks we've reached. :)

18. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
  19. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Bump

Should be a great outcome

20. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Jeff is not going to be in clone armor :( Work came up & he worked so hard on my new armor (that reminds me I better get my soft parts done in time :p)

Does anyone want to wear a costume that doesn't have one? We have extras.

21. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    If you have something specific that you know kids would like to see I'd be willing to wear it. I have a Jedi costume, but could wear something else if you wanted.

22. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Well, Dajuan is gone so I'm not sure who to go to. Any ideas?

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i was thinking...how do malls get cars inside...they do it all the time? i was just curious could we do that right outside the theater?

i am just thinking outloud. :)

24. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I am gonna wear my X-Wing Pilot gear

25. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Horsey, I have a Tusken, X-Wing Pilot.

nnay, but malls are squared off areas by the door, Katie made it sound like the lobby had twist & turns?? Haven't been there in like 7 years.

It may rain on Saturday, if that's the case I don't want the float out there, afterall it's 98% wood, 1.5% paint & .5% screws. Have you ever seen a piece of partical board left out in the rain, or high humidity? I have.

Getting super excited, I will try to make media phone calls today, still no bites :(

I've made 1/4 page donation handouts (list of items needed) I'll get some printed out so we can try to get people to go shopping??????

Let me know what else we will need. Katie is double checking the dressing room situation, trying to get the big one that locks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.