main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Maya problems

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by 1337mik3, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    ok, well this isnt exactly a problem.. its more a question, anyways. I have a model, and i animated it, one problem is i dont know how to render it as video.. ive looked in the tutorial, all it does is show me how to render it as an image, i was it to be renderd in high quality video to insert into my movie.. how do i do that, anyone know?

2. PapaFett

PapaFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    If it's over a few hundred frames (actually no matter how many frames) I reccommend you render it out as images (.tga, .tif, etc...) then make a movie from the image sequence using another app (after effects, fcp, etc...)

By doing so you'll save alot of frustration if the render fails on the last frame of your movie.

3. 1337mik3

1337mik3 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    is there a way to make this happen automatically? or do i have to render each frame seperatly?

4. PapaFett

PapaFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 16, 2002
    Dunno about how Maya implements it, but you should be able to render a sequence by setting the frames up to reflect the first through the last frame of the animation.

If you're using the PLE version there may be disabled features such as rendering animations. Dunno for sure. Certainly searching the manual for "Rendering Sequences" or "Rendering Animations" will get you the info you need.

5. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Most of the stuff in Maa PLE is fully functional. The biggest issue is that you can't use external plugins.

The settings you are looking for are in the Render Globals and it should be right there in the manual. And render to individual frames and later make a video using something like Premiere or AE. Default format is IFF, but it's better to use TIFF or TGA as PapaFett mentioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.