Maya

Discussion in 'Scifi 3D Forum' started by ManuG, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManuG Jedi Padawan

Anyone here use Maya?
  2. lureofthedarkside Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, I do but I'm really new at it, really new. anyway, we'd all like to see what you got!
  3. tekmaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    I use Maya, not to bad at it, if I do say so myeslf. Why are you asking?
  4. ManuG Jedi Padawan

I asked it to exchange sw maya models with other maya users, I have some models, most are conversions of 3ds models
  5. LordPhobos Jedi Knight

I use Maya. I made the AT-TE in it. Good app.
  6. tekmaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    ManuG, I'm kinda confused. Did you mean that you have .3Ds Star Wars models that you coverted to either .ma or .mb? Were you also asking if anyone wanted them?
  7. ManuG Jedi Padawan

yes, and viceversa, if someone has sw maya models could share them, cause there aren´t many sw models for maya
  8. tekmaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    I could convert a few to maya for dah peeps. :)
  9. recon007jf Jedi Padawan

I too use Maya and have been using it professionally for about five years since version 1.0

I would love it if this site would offer the .mb or .ma format for theses models along side the usual .3DS etc...

If anyone wants to start trading .ma/.mb conversions I would be glad to participate. I love Maya and I love Star Wars and I think they are a perfect fit. Also, Maya is what ILM and the Pre-Viz guys over at LucasFilm are using, so why not us?
  10. tekmaster Jedi Knight

star 3
    I agree. I never got that. Altough most people have 3d Studio Max and Lightwave because they're cheaper, so I can understand why most of the models are in .3ds and .lwo format. But I don't see why we could have someone convert these models into a format that Maya could read easily, as said above.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.