main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

maybe anakin and padme age at different rates??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Astro_Zombie, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astro_Zombie

Astro_Zombie Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    On earth a year is 365 days cause thats how long it takes for the earth to revolve around the sun. But im sure on tatooine and naboo its different. And seeing as anakin and padme were born on tatooine and naboo perhaps they age at the rate their home planets complete a year. or perhaps they age at the rate of the planet they are on??? what is everybody's thought??

2. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    I don't think the aging process depends on the length of the year on the planet, or else humans would colonize those planets that had the longest year... Padmé was about 12 years older than Anakin throughout the PT, even if she didn't look it.

3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Okay, I'm confused... Padme was only five years older than Anakin, not twelve. :confused:

4. classified

classified Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    In the SW galaxy they have a certain time for 1 year, which remains constant throughout the galaxy. in PM Anakin is 9 and padme is supposed to be 14.

5. atomik

atomik Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    In the SW galaxy they have a certain time for 1 year, which remains constant throughout the galaxy

This is correct, they have a univeral way of measuring time and date (probably based on Coruscant).
    Ofcourse each planet would also have their own system that they have always used.

6. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Bacon, sorry about that. I realized my mistake in another thread in this forum. I somehow managed to miss the 5-year age difference, and as Natalie Portman looks much older than 14 in TMP, I didn't think of it on my own. In fact, I still have trouble accepting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.