main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Maybe Anakin is in the crystal ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DEWORE-DEWKNOT, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

DEWORE-DEWKNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2002
    Myndonas

I do not think it is a dumb idea.
    Remember that Anakin could sense the Vong through the crystal. So maybe the crystal could do something to preserve Anakin.

Anyway, there is no such thing as a dumb ideas. But there are no ideas, which is what you brought to the table.

Thanks JediStryker for the defense

2. andur_black

andur_black Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2001
    I agree with Dewor-Dewknot, everyone here is entitled to their ideas and opinions. If you can't deal with some that are off the wall than leave. After all, this is Star Wars. Everyone keeps saying that Anakin coming back isn't logical but look around!! Is it logical that people with a magical Force swinging laser swords and flying starships are around? No! I don't know about the rest of you but I read Star Wars to get away from the real world. Sometimes it gets to the point where the real world is too much and you need to escape, that is why Star Wars is there. So, if you can't deal with someone's theory leave.

BTW, I think the idea of Anakin being in the Lambent is very plausible.

3. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    andur_black

I don't know where the thought came from, but when it hit me , I was like, yeah it could happen. What would Vegere want with Anakins Lightsabre ? Maybe she is hiding it from the Vang so they don't find out that Anakin has found a way to sense the ( Vong)

4. andur_black

Oct 4, 2001
    I agree, why would Vergre be so anxious to hang on to Anakin's Lightsaber? I can only come up with three reasons:

1) She wants to give it to Jacen.

2) She wants to get back into practice in order to betray the vong.

3) Anakin is in the Lambent

5. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    Andur_ Black

I like all 3 of those. Still it is a long shot about brining Anakin back.

Oh well. REad on ah ?

I like your name.

6. andur_black

Oct 4, 2001
    Thanks, my name is the Jedi that I play in the RPG, problem is there is no one that I know of that plays, and I don't understand the new version. NE ways, I know that Anakin coming back is kinda hard to believe but you gotta admit it would be great to see. Have you read any of the specs that the prophecy about "the one" was refering to Anakin Solo, not Skywalker? I find that very interesting.

BTW What does your name mean?

7. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    I do rather like the idea of Anakin Solo being "the one". I thought I came up with it... has it been mentioned before?

8. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    Andur_Black

I haven't seen anything about the Prophecy of Anakin Solo. But I always wondered about about the balance thing. I do think that Anakin Solo could be the one talked bout in the "prophecy"

My name is pronounced - do or do not.

Like when Yoda said to Luke

There is no try

9. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    `Since most of the books seem pretty heavily plotted out, I can't see how Anakin would have had all these visions about himself and Tahiri, etc, if he was meant to die in reality. I think the crystal theory makes some sense.

10. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Dewor-Dewknot you are not alone with your theory regarding Anakin and the crystal. Back when SbS was released, I posted similar thoughts on a discussion thread that was debating Anakin's fate. Only time will tell if our spectulation has merit.

11. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    I hope so.

At first I thought bringing hi m back would be lame. But the more I think of ways it could happen the more hopeful I get.

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Yep there are ways to bring him back, but many of the ways have corrupting consequences.

13. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Anakin being trapped in the lambent? That seems more than a little ridiculous to me. Sorry.

I wouldn't object to his return as a spirit, but not how you're suggesting.

14. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I dont like the idea. I just have this image of a saber hilt that suddenly starts talking to Tahiri :)

15. Resolute

Resolute Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    Ok, I have to take Dewore-Dewknot's side here. I agree, it seems unlikely Anikan will come back now that they burn him, but that doesn't mean we can't speculate.

And by the way Dewore, it's a great theory, I would never have thought of that.

16. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    They do seem to have spent an awful lot of time developing Anakin for him to suddenly be gone for good. I'm not sure they would have put so much effort into him just to make him a "spiritual advisor" or an "inspiration" to the rest of the SW cast. I won't speculate about the likelihood of Anakin's return, but it seems plausible, at least, and the crystal theory is as good as any right now.

17. andur_black

Oct 4, 2001
  18. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Anakin at the Crystal?

(Mandalore runs to his favorie uptown Athens bar, The Crystal. Proceeds to get schlitzed off Jack and Cokes)

Anafin ain't at the Karystal! I jus chequed, and I sin't see no damn Jedeye andwhere. Theyr'll a buncha (expletive deleted) anway. There. Bars closing, where we going to fa breakfast?

19. the_id

the_id Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2001
    Anakin transferring his spirit into the crystal would be corrupting, correct? But, perhaps it was not his doing. Perhaps it was because of something originating in the crystal. Being trapped and going willingly aren't really the same. In order to be corrupt there must be intent, correct?

20. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    The id

Thats a good piont. If he had no intent to go then he would not be corrupted. Therefor no Darkside.

21. METZ

METZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2001
    IMO i feel that the lambet thorey is the most pluasable as, we all know the jedi and their lightsabers have a strong force connection and Anakins link to a LIVING lambet makes it very likely.

I think the first we will know about it will be if Jacen gets his hands on anakins lightsaber which vergere has and as pointed out went to great pains to get, we all know she has a angender all her own, the next 3 books are all set in the same time frame are they not? correct me if im wrong but I think it will be the 4th book in this little quartete that will reveal this.....

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Mandalore74: ROFLMAO!

As to others, here's other nuggets of previous LFL wisdom, later corrected:

- Anakin Skywalker is dead. (later revealed false "from a certain point of view")
    - The Emperor is dead (later revealed false in Dark Empire+)
    - Bror Jace is dead.
    - Isard is dead.

The list goes on. But just because something is printed in a book does not mean that it's always true. It could be just the "reality" to the common frame of reference the people have AT THAT MOMENT. Doesn't mean their frame of reference cannot be altered later.

23. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    Maybe thatis the huge expresion that is felt in the force....

jacen got Anakins lightsaber and joined him in the force ?????????

Nah.............bad idea.

24. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm going to presume that after over fifty years with the Yuuzhan Vong, Vergere is out of pratice with a lightsaber and or needs it. Assuming that Vergere looks out after Jacen while he is a captive, then Jacen will still have access to his lightsaber when he does escape, if indeed he does. Thus it would be plausible that Jacen and Vergere will escape together and two Jedi with lightsabers are better than one Jedi with one lightsaber. Is that not correct?

What does that have to do with this current conversation? Well, it's pretty simple. If they do escape, then odds are the lightsaber will escape as well and perhaps with Anakins spirit with it. This is a very plausible explantion. However, I feel that Anakin is dead. He might return as a spirit (Which is unlikely with the upcoming movies), but Skywalker was there with Jacen and Jaina so it is likely.

Believe what you will. If you believe he might come back, then so be it. If you ubelieve he is dead, then so be it. I think he's dead though.

Also as to the cloning. Does everything have to get cloned?

25. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    i have not read the interviews...and these are just my own humble thoughts. anakin's spirit can't be in the crystal for one reason.

"there is no death, only the force." as anakin fought he felt himself becoming one with the force. he was the force. he was full of force energy until it consumed him. when his body stopped living he became one with the force. since the lambent crystal exists outside of the force, and i am sure that we all agree that the force is more powerful than anything the vong have...at least that we have seen so far...anakin was pulled in by the force.

i think that anakin will return as a spirit, much like ben, and guide the jedi...especially tahiri...in their fight. he will bring knowledge and power to the jedi...but he's a goner as far as being alive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.