main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Maybe It Was the Lighting (J/J's daughter and Z/OC's son; 8-year-olds, just a fun piece)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Dec 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Maybe It Was the Lighting
    By Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Disclaimer
    : mm?Jaina, Zekk and the GFFA belong to George Lucas. Trin, Saria and Aarie (Zekk's wife, though she's only mentioned) belong to me. I'm not making any money off of this - just some laughs. Please don't sue.
    Summary: okay, I had fun with this one. Jaina and Jag's eight-year-old daughter, Saria, has a crush on her friend, Trin Ennta (Zekk's son), but her stunning personality just can't compare with a centipede. So she brings up their parents' past romance in an attempt to jump-start a little crush romance. Unfortunately, Trin and Saria are just eight-year-olds, and they can barely hold a conversation without going off in the "Stop being a girl/boy!" vein.
    Characters: Saria Fel, Trin Ennta, Jaina Fel, Zekk Ennta
    Genre: General, humour
    Keywords: eight-year olds, centipedes and sticky branches :p

-----

It's amazing not what we pass onto our kids, but that they can - every once and a while - get it right, where we failed.

-----

The sun was setting, but Saria Fel could barely see it through the grey clouds, the trees and the buildings that surrounded the mid-city park. Her companion, Trin Ennta, didn't care. The centipede that had found its way onto his leg was much more interesting, to his eight-year-old mind.

It was not, Saria despaired, the perfect moment for a girl to spend with her best friend and secret crush. Then again, Trin was still 'at that age', as her mom put it. Maybe I can make it better? the little girl wondered. She awkwardly blocked the thought from her friend - and her mom, if Jaina Fel was looking in on her daughter, "for her own good".

"Hey, Trin?"

The dark-haired boy dragged his eyes from the multiple coloured centipede. "Yeeeeeah?" he said, stretching the word out lazily.

"Did you know my mom and your dad used to date?" Saria queried, giving him her best cute look.

Trin's expression suggested that Saria's attempt at flirting was coming off as a little?childish. "Uh, yeah, I think Dad said something about it. Your mom dumped my dad."

Saria blinked. Her mom hadn't mentioned that part?unfortunately. "Oh. I didn't know about that."

"She did," Trin said matter-of-factly. "Dad says your mom wanted a guy with medals and no personality. That's why she broke up with Dad and married your dad. Girls are silly like that."

"My dad does too have a personality!" Saria defended. "And if you say that again, I'll pound you!"

"You can't pound me," Trin replied. "You're a girl."

Saria stomped her foot. "I can do anything you can do - better - times three gazillion!"

"Can not."

"Can too."

"Can not!"

"Can too!"

"Can not, can not, can not, can not!"

"Can too, can too, can too, can too!"

"Can not times a hundred!"

"Can too times a hundred and one!"

They continued in this vein of conversation, ("Can too times a hundred twenty-three!") until Trin said:

"Saria, stop being such a girl."

"I am not - grr - stop being such a boy, Trin!" With that clever insult, Saria plopped down on the ground (with her back to the ignoramous, of course) and pouted. "Anyway, at least I'm interested in better things than silly bugs," she said, unable to keep quiet.

Trin sighed and rolled his eyes, but didn't look at her. Saria could be so silly sometimes - not always, of course, since he was too manly to hang out with a real, 100% girl, but when she got in the mood?

But then again, he thought uncomfortably, it was getting kinda quiet, and the centipede had trailed off while he wasn't looking. "My dad's better than yours," he muttered, if only to fill the air.

Saria continued to sulk, but managed to say, "Is not. My dad takes me on trips all over the place when he talks to the blue people. And I bet you've never even seen a blue person before."

"I have too, and they're called Chiss," Trin said knowingly. "Besides, my dad said, when I'm

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, that was sssoooo funny!!!!! I had a grin on my face the whole time. Trix, that was masterful.

3. Sword_Of_The_Jedi

Sword_Of_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2003
    :eek:

[face_laugh]

[face_laugh]

[face_laugh]

[face_laugh]

:D

That was so cute! I mean, it's a shame that Jaina ended up with Captain Cardboard, but that was a great little example of your amazing writing abilities. One day I'm reading one of your vignettes (on the verge of tears) and then I read this and laugh. Very, very, very cute, TJF, I loved it.

:)

4. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute!

Nicely written! :D

5. Jade_rebel3

Jade_rebel3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2003
    *grins*

Too great, TJF. Short n sweet

6. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Striker: thanks! i was giggling myself, as i wrote it :D i have three younger sisters, so it was nice to have enough perspective to just laugh at their antics :p unfortunately, i write so much around older people...*shrugs* oh well, maybe after CItR and Phoenix i'll have some time to write more kids...

SOTJ: That was so cute!

who would have thought I'd write something like that, huh? :p

I mean, it's a shame that Jaina ended up with Captain Cardboard, but that was a great little example of your amazing writing abilities.

aw...shucks [face_blush]

One day I'm reading one of your vignettes (on the verge of tears) and then I read this and laugh.

well, i'm glad i have a variety :D

JJD: thanks! :)

Jade_rebel: thank you. *takes a bow :p*

~TJF

7. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
  8. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I read this the other day, but I was at school and didn't have time to reply. It was so cute. I loved the interaction between the next generation. Cute J/Z interaction too, even though I'm definitely a J/J shipper.

9. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002

Cute J/Z interaction too, even though I'm definitely a J/J shipper.

[face_laugh] i find it hilarious that every time i post something even remotely J/Z, a J/J'er will pop in, tell me they like it, then quickly reassure me of exactly what you said. i feel like the big bad J/Z converter :p ;)

~TJF

10. Jaina_Rocks160

Jaina_Rocks160 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

I'll be honest to you, TJF, I wasn't going to read this...until I saw who wrote it! ;) ...

But--cute!!!!!! [face_love]
    The Zekk/Jaina legacy lives on in future generations!!!

Compliments!!!

~*~*~

11. Vorquellyn

Vorquellyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2003
    Sequel?

12. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    :D That was awesome TJF! :D I was laughing the whole time. I especially liked the bug "maneuver." ;) Trin, you sly dog... :p lol Very well done. :D

13. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    JR: someone read a fic, just because it was by me?? :eek: :p thanks :D

The Zekk/Jaina legacy lives on in future generations!!!

well, i think it would - the friendship, at the very least, since i'm sure Jaina and Zekk will get their act together and reconcile over whatever fight they had off scenes [face_plain] :p

Vorquellyn: i hope that means you like it :) i hadn't thought about a sequel...we'll see if i come up with anything. i'm kinda busy at the moment; i did this when i should have been studying for one of my english exam (which i never get around to studying for) or my french project :p

Elu: thanks :D and so was i :p honestly, maybe i spend too much time around kids, but i could see it happening right in front of me, and i had to fight back the giggles [face_laugh]

I especially liked the bug "maneuver." Trin, you sly old dog...

oh man, i *love* trin... [face_laugh] and don't let anyone fool you, the real plot was whether or not Saria would get that bug off her! ;)

~TJF

14. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    'My dad does too have a personality!' Saria defended. 'And if you say that again, I'll pound you!'
    You go girl!

Saria continued to sulk, but managed to say, 'Is not. My dad takes me on trips all over the place when he talks to the blue people. And I bet you've never even seen a blue person before.'

'I have too, and they're called Chiss,' Trin said knowingly. 'Besides, my dad said, when I'm older, I can go with him to help the refujis on Ennth.'

I've seen a blue person, too! I used to go on long car trips with a family perceptible to car sickness. :p

TJF, you're fics are always refreshingly realistic. I liked how you portrayed Jaina and Zekk more as childhood friends than former gf/bf. Very believable. Well done.

~Inyri

15. Jaina_Rocks160

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

I've seen a blue person, too! I used to go on long car trips with a family perceptible to car sickness.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

TJF, you're fics are always refreshingly realistic.

Agreed!!!

I liked how you portrayed Jaina and Zekk more as childhood friends than former gf/bf. Very believable. Well done.

Yes, that's ALWAYS good!!! :D

~*~*~

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Inyri: haven't seen you in a while!

'My dad does too have a personality!' Saria defended. 'And if you say that again, I'll pound you!'
    You go girl!

*sigh* the lies i make my characters say... ;) *runs away screaming j/k before the j/j'ers take offense :p*

I've seen a blue person, too! I used to go on long car trips with a family perceptible to car sickness

[face_laugh]

thanks [face_blush] :D

I liked how you portrayed Jaina and Zekk more as childhood friends than former gf/bf.

well i figure that, after fifteen years or so, even the canon writers will figure out that, no matter what went on with their romance, jay and zekk had an awesome frienship :cool: :D

~TJF

17. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm still around. I'm just caught up in my neverending pilot fic. Which may be finally close to ending. :)

~Inyri

18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I've seen blue people before too, it was those blue guys from pentium on those old commercials..... :p Anyway, TJF.....what's your secret? HOW DO YOU WRITE SO WELL???.....just curious. *shifty eyes* :p I write and i get like a few readers and i end up hating my work every time. :p Darn you and all you good authors, you hurt my ego! :( :_|

19. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    Inyri: I'm just caught up in my neverending pilot fic.

oh yes, the neverending fics...i just finished mine; well, one of them anyway :p and just in time, too, seeing as how i'm getting busy now :p

Which may be finally close to ending.

congrats ;) :D

Elu: I've seen blue people before too, it was those blue guys from pentium on those old commercials.....

yeah, yeah, yeah.... :p

, TJF.....what's your secret? HOW DO YOU WRITE SO WELL???

maybe you should ask someone who thinks i write "so well" :p

I write and i get like a few readers and i end up hating my work every time.

isn't he always like that? i've been writing for almost five years now, and i'm still my worst critic. ie: RotJ is a mess. yet people love it. *shrugs*

Darn you and all you good authors, you hurt my ego!

"never compare yourself to anyone, because there will always be someone better than you, or worse, and you will either be vain or bitter" - ? (or something like that :p)

and you may as well count me off the "good author" list; at least until we see how CItR is accepted a few months from now 8-}

~TJF

20. Jaina_Rocks160

Oct 18, 2003
    ~~*JESUS LOVES YOU*~~

TJF.....what's your secret? HOW DO YOU WRITE SO WELL???

maybe you should ask someone who thinks i write "so well"

TJF has some self-esteem issues. :p I like your writing alot, Trix, and I know you don't want to hear it, but you are really good, and the day you accept it is the day that you write better than you ever had before, because confidence is always helpful. Well, the day you accept that you're good is probably also the day that the world ceases to turn, but anyway... ;)

I write and i get like a few readers and i end up hating my work every time.

isn't he always like that? i've been writing for almost five years now, and i'm still my worst critic. ie: RotJ is a mess. yet people love it. *shrugs*

Again, self-esteem issues.
    *sigh* Must I send a counselor after you, TJF??? ?[face_plain] ;)

"never compare yourself to anyone, because there will always be someone better than you, or worse, and you will either be vain or bitter" - ? (or something like that)

OOooooo! Words of wisdom!!!! :D
    *gobbles up what TJF says*

and you may as well count me off the "good author" list; at least until we see how CItR is accepted a few months from now

You're hopeless, TJF!!!!!! :mad:
    CitR will be great if it has one-one hundreth the awesomeness of RotJ!!!!!

Honestly... :p

~*~*~

21. InyriForge

Jan 24, 2002
    TJF, I swear you're harder on yourself than I am on me! Stop saying you don't write well!!! Honestly, if I didn't know your age, I'd assume you to be a good deal older. You're articulate, your ideas are extremely well thought out, your plots are well developed and your characters are extremely human. No more of this bad writer stuff.

oh yes, the neverending fics...i just finished mine; well, one of them anyway and just in time, too, seeing as how i'm getting busy now :p
    Congrats on finishing yours! I'm waiting for the big weight to be lifted off my shoulders; I love the "just finished a long fic" feeling. (Although shortly there after I tend to feel very very lost :p ).

~Inyri

22. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    ugh...i hate the flu...especially when it attacks you at the same time as an exam :(

thanks Inyri; I don't think i have that bad a self-esteem, I'm just realistic about my work :p maybe more so now, because i'm frustrated with FD2d. but don't get me on the topic of RotJ's beginning (or FD2D's finish :p), and it'll be okay ;)

I'm waiting for the big weight to be lifted off my shoulders; I love the "just finished a long fic" feeling.

oh man, i stared at the computer screen/last line for almost an hour before it sank in that i had *finished* RotJ. and then i jumped around the house like a maniac :D

(Although shortly there after I tend to feel very very lost)

no kidding; it hasn't quite caught up with me yet, since i still have the security blanket sequel and other fics, but man, when i finish those... :eek:

well, good luck :D

~TJF

23. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    That was great!

And maybe it was the lighting, but Trin didn't look like he really minded that much.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Awesome job!

24. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    thanks Lt :D

~TJF

25. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    It made me laugh more than the first time I saw this.

[image=http://uploads.the-spectrum.org/Sxep_JodaJoint2.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.