main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Maybe it's LEIA who's been training Jedi for 30 years...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What if it's Leia who's been training Jedi for the last 30 years?

Luke taught her briefly before he disappeared (if those rumors are true), about as long as Yoda taught him.

Then Leia would finally be considered equal to her twin in helping the Force regain and keep its balance.

Lucas did say both of Anakin's children were important to restoring balance to the Force, and Leia as Anakin's daughter wasn't that essential to the OT...

2. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    I think it would be interesting to find out Luke and Leia both trained, but developed vastly different sets of skills.

I'd be interested to know why Kenobi or Yoda never considered training Leia, knowing her potential, in case something did happen to Luke. I think it could be interesting to see this addressed, Leia questioning, "Why Luke and not me?" Did they feel her personality was too similar to Anakin's and therefore she was dangerous to train?

The development of Leia and Luke's connection, as well as her force abilities, and how she dealt with the news of her father will be the thing I most hope is explore in Episode VII.

Luke'sSeveredHand and Dak Oolron like this.
  3. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I do like the idea that Leia has trained some Jedi

As for why Obi-Wan and Yoda never trained Leia, I always felt they were only going to train one at a time and not reveal the identity of the other unless need arrived. In other words something happened to Luke

Dra--- and Django Fett like this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    @mes520

Obi Wan and Yoda never trained Leia because they both died.:p

Dra--- and Tan-Wessel like this.
  5. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Or...
    There's just no Jedi.
    Deal with it.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  7. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    I think it's highly possible the only people who are at all force-adept in any meaningful way work for the Empire.

I don't think Leia learned anything from Luke before Luke disappeared. Not to say she didn't learn something on her own. But I doubt she knows enough to be training Jedi.

Dra--- likes this.
  8. kaustin7

kaustin7 Jedi Knight

Jan 28, 2013
    To me this dismisses the title of Episode VI, Return of the Jedi. Because if Luke is does not rekindle the Jedi then we are left with fewer Jedi that we know of at the end of RotJ then there were at the beginning of the OT saga.

Dak Oolron and Django Fett like this.
  9. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    One of the more common theories is that "Return of the Jedi" is a reference to Anakin's redemption, not the return of the Jedi order in the person of Luke.

It could be both.

The Hellhammer, Dra--- and Immortiss like this.
  10. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    About why Leia was not trained first.. Maybe since she was a part of the Imperial Senate, and therefore she had to be close to Palpatine and Vader, training her would make her easy to detect by them. She is Force sensitive but without the Jedi training her Force strength was low and hard to detect. Which made her the last resort if Luke failed.

11. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Some people take the title to be referring to Vader. His return to Jedi with killing the emperor.

Edit: Yes I just saw someone else stated what I said...

Dra--- likes this.
  12. Digladio

Digladio Jedi Master star 3

Jan 7, 2003
    With all the rumors saying the same thing over and over, I think it's pretty much a given at this point that there is no NJO, and that the ST is about the rise of such an order (with Luke at the helm), and the rebuilding of the Republic. Everyone assumed these things were going to happen offscreen during the intermittent 30 years, but nope.

Dra--- likes this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How do we know that Leia and Luke didn't disappear together?

14. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I mean why they didn't begin her training in ANH or ESB. Example Yoda could have asked Luke to bring Leia to him or Force ghost Obi-Wan could have contacted her and told her the same.

15. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @mes520
    The thing is there is no good reason for that onscreen but the answer is a behind the scenes reason.

Dra--- likes this.
  16. kaustin7

kaustin7 Jedi Knight

Jan 28, 2013
    I personally find this to be a stretch. In RotJ we see Luke being knighted by Yoda. Yoda, telling Luke to pass on what he has learned. Luke finding out Vader is his father. Luke finding out that he has a twin sister. Luke resisting the Dark Side. Luke destroying the Sith by redeeming his father.

If the above scenario you and others describe is true, why not call it Return of the Chosen One (maybe George hadn't developed that idea yet). Still, Anakin returning as the Jedi seems like a big stretch given what else happened in that movie and both the Pt and OT.

17. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    Maybe noones been training jedi for 30 years. Because no one wants to see tons of jedi in the movie or another scene of someone training 'younglings'

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    If the rumor is true and Luke has been missing since the end ROTJ then I'm sure that Han, Leia and the rest believe him dead. Why else would they not look for him until 30 years later when his hand or at least his saber appeared?

19. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Um noooo !

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That could be interesting

21. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Why do you think there will be no Jedi?

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The same people spreading the rumors about Luke being locked up for 30 years are also saying Daisy's character is a trained Jedi.

23. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Where? They didn't mention Daisy's identity at all.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    See the other rumors in the Daisy Ridley thread.

25. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

You mean this?

My guess would be that Boyega leads the movie for the first and maybe part of the second act with Ridley the 'street urchin' just wanting off the planet and tagging along for the ride. Given the history of hidden identities in SW I'm also guessing that when they catch up with Luke she will reveal herself to be his niece and a fully trained Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.