main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Maybe it's LEIA who's been training Jedi for 30 years...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Jedi trained? Maybe
    Will Leia be carrying around a light saber? Probably not

2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I really hope we see Leia as a Jedi this Episode...I just imagine her not being one after all this time.

3. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    That must have been SOME kiss in ESB ;)

[​IMG]

4. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe Leia falls to the dark side, becomes Lady Vader, kills all the new Jedi, and chops off Luke's hand?8-}

Dra--- and starocean90 like this.
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Vader did tell Luke that if he doesn't turn then perhaps Leia will.:p

Dra--- and Rabs like this.
  6. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Leia is Anakin's daughter so she must be incredibly strong in the force as well? I can't see that going to waste, but I can't see her neglecting her position in Republic politics.

The more I think about it, the crazier it seems that Luke has been missing for 30 years.

7. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    The feeling I get from all the rumours, is that they essentially want the characters to be the same as they were, say, the day after the battle of Endor. My spidey sense is saying leia isn't trained.

Lurknomore likes this.
  8. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Neglecting Leia's force abilities would be a huge disservice to her character. I don't like the idea of her knowing for 30 years that she is a shell of what she could become.

And if she isn't going to form an NJO she should at least become a sort of reverse Palpatine. She could be an incredibly powerful and well trained force user who nonetheless mainly operates through politics. Finding an Order 66 survivor to train her could be a compelling plot line in the NU.

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Too old. Too old for the teaching.

10. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
  11. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013

Agree with this. Leia could potentially be just as powerful as Luke who progressed from farm boy to Jedi Knight, capable of overcoming Vader and Sidious, in the space of a few years.

For Leia to have spent 30 years and not be a fully trained Jedi would be a major, major fail. You'd think just for the sake of her safety people would get Leia to train. Maybe not in the early days of the New Republic, but surely she'd have time after it became fully established.

Maybe Leia will provide a plot twist for us. I can't see the senate (if there is one) being too pleased if a Jedi is heading it and it could lead to Leia being forced to suppress her abilities but later in the film when she is attacked she drops the act and we she her true potential.

12. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think Leia not using a lightsaber would be a missed opportunity. Surely Luke would train Leia in the use of one for her own safety so I'd like at least one scene where we see her using a lightsaber. Maybe nothing really big like dueling another Force user but definitely something along the lines of deflecting blaster bolts and the like. Especially if the Big 3 have largely diminished roles in Episodes VIII and IX.

13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Whether the Jedi Order return or just a small number of Jedi try to help restore peace to the galaxy, i'd much prefer far fewer Jedi than we saw in the PT. Given that Luke is MIA that the small number of Jedi would be led by the Jedi Princess (a GL concept dating back to the 70's), may be this Jedi Council are more political and govern the galaxy?

14. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    Hmmm... there's a neat concept I've never considered. Goes along with Carrie's tweet, "Love from the forceful Leia of old & the wise, arthritic Leia of new..." from May.

Interesting if both Luke and Leia had a small group they were training separately with differing sets of skills.

15. Starryganpost

Starryganpost Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2014
    I must say, I quite like the idea that Leia doesn't use a lightsaber. If she is a reverse Palpatine, there's no reason she can't be an incredibly powerful force user even without a lightsaber. You don't need a saber to deflect blaster bolts - ESB put that into canon. So especially if Jedi are deeply unpopular, why would Leia risk wearing such an obviously Jedi symbol, when she can kick bum without it. The possibilities for further exploration of the Light Side of the force, a la ESB Yoda, are also cool.

16. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I really hope Luke taught her a few things before he disapeared. If she hasn't had any training I'll be really disapointed.

17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I like this, but I do like the twins divided up in to their own separate spheres of influence, i.e., Luke the spiritual and metaphysical realm and Leia the political and physical realm. They are masters in each of their worlds and I like that model. Further, I can see the balance in that.

18. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
    As the prequel trilogy was early in its unfolding I had this theory that each of the three trilogies was going to be focused on a different Skywalker. The prequels are mainly about Anakin; at the end Luke would be born and there'd be a scene indicating that the torch is now being passed to him. (Indeed that is what happened in "Sith".) He stars in the original trilogy, where by the end Leia begins to show her force abilities though she still hasn't done anything with them. Subtle hints are dropped that something big is on the horizon for her. So the sequel trilogy, naturally, would be Leia's story. One trilogy about the father, one about the son, one about the daughter.

Then the rest of the prequel story took shape and George Lucas declared in a magazine interview somewhere that there would most definitely never be any sequel trilogy. So I began to see that the overall story was about Anakin.

Now that there are indeed going to be sequels I wonder if there is again some slight possibility of Leia having a primary role.

She probably won't. I had always overlooked the fact that it was Luke who was told to pass on what he had learned.

But Leia's ability to use the force was established all the way back in "The Empire Strikes Back", when Luke makes contact with her alone telepathically. There is a very loose plot thread here that would be quite awkward to simply leave dangling. Surely *something* will be done with it? Everyone is saying J.J. is such a fan of the original trilogy.

19. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    now ur just getting gross.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    I could see Luke secretly training Leia right after ROTJ, so she could use the Force for knowledge and defense, but both of them keeping it a secret. Remember, they are the son and daughter of Vader. If that info ever got out, it could spread mass fear in the galaxy and put Luke, Leia and any of Leia's children in jeopardy.

21. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    I expect tk see multiple new jedi in this film

22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Seeing that Luke's been missing for only 10 years now it should mean that Leia has definately been trained, i think she'll carry a lightsaber but only use it when its absolutely neccesary.

I'd love to see her have a duel similar to the 2nd part of Vader and Luke's duel on Cloud City when Vader wasn't just using his saber but sending objects thudding into Luke with the Force.

23. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    An entire duel where Leia doesn't even have to stand up against a group of would-be assassins. They explode into the room, and she just calmly raises a judgemental eyebrow and sighs. She just throws objects, at one point throwing her opponents into each other. Using the force to disarm them, turn them against them, or make their weapons explode, Han and Chewie madly rush to her rescue upon hearing she has been attacked, only to find her calmly waiting for them, perhaps fixing one of her braids, her opponents restrained and/or lying on the ground all around her. Just bored, and sort of disappointed in them.

The new kids asking thousand questions about how she did it.

How much fun would Carrie have with this scene?

Carrie1138 and appleseed like this.
  24. beedubaya

beedubaya Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 15, 2014

Agree with this. Palpatine and Vader would have detected her if she became a force user. Early on, she served a better purpose in the Senate and as part of the rebellion. I really, really hope she is wielding a lightsaber though in Episode VII.

25. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'd like to see a youngling or padawan throwing a temper tantrum and using telekinesis to hurl things across the room and Leia reading them the riot act.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.