main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Maybe it's LEIA who's been training Jedi for 30 years...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't want to see Leia denied access to Force training just because we were introduced to her as a strong political leader and Rebel fighter. Jedi training is just as much Leia's right as it is Luke's. I simply find it absurd that Leia would be incapable of becoming a Jedi Master over 30+ years while she continues in politics. However, if she HAD to choose one or the other, she should choose the Force. Plenty of people in the Alliance can help lead the Republic, but we only have two known Force users available in the galaxy to rebuild the Jedi Order.

I want to see Carrie use a blaster and lightsaber, but I want her main Force-related contribution to be helping Luke train up the next generation. I especially want to see her have a quiet Force teaching moment with one or more female Jedi. Women be strong!

2. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    It will be disappointing if Luke has disappeared in the first place :(

Luminous Beings Are We

Immortiss

Ghost

If Leia had to choose, I believe she would choose building and bring a leader in a government.

That is who she is.

However, I do hope she is also Jedi in Episode VII.

The different skills and views, S pointed out by Immortiss, that Luke and Leia have will be a good combination.

I think there will be a Council, or an Order - Luke will want to do things differently this time plus he won't have the resources and finances that the Jedi had previously. And the Jedi shouldn't ally themselves as a group with any one central power.

Being a Jedi can be a code to live by but it isn't an organisation anymore.

This would allow Leia to be a political leader and a Jedi - for example a country's prime minister can be Catholic but isn't answerable to the Pope.

I have a very hard time picturing Carrie Fisher as a Jedi Master, because of her personality, so it would be fun to see her in that role and how different a Jedi she would be :)

3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    This idea of Luke and Leia training the new Jedi separately in different aspects of the Force is really interesting and original, I like it very much.
    I kind of doubt it we would see it in the final product but it does sound very interesting!

4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I hope Leia isn't a Jedi in the new films. Its something that bugged me about the EU books that she used the force to a degree, it didn't seem to fit right with me. I know shes related to Luke and that she is probably the other hope, but I feel its something we've read about before so I hope they don't go down that path in the films.

5. TelemachosJr

TelemachosJr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2014
    My guess is domhall gleeson's character(wether related to any important characters or not) is a full-fledged jedi

6. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    if Leia isn't only a Jedi but at Master Level by Ep7 it will be an incredible fail.. I don't think JJ is that stupid and out of touch with want Fans what to see.. Sure the EU is now 'legends' -GOd I even hate typing that word now-but its clear that they are liberally taking from the EU with some of the stuff that has been released. Who's to say that they don't take a few pages out of EU lore to make her a Jedi?

7. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I don't think JJ is out of touch at all. I'm a fan and don't want to see any of that.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  8. Granek

Jan 12, 2012

So you want to see an older Leia that is just a senator or in politics? snooze fest

9. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    It does appear that Luke's personality is more like their mother's ("there is good in him") and Leia is more like Anakin.

10. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

It would explain why she can't come with Han and the kids on the galaxy-wide search for Luke.

11. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Making her a Padme/Mon Mothma clone is the laziest route they can go with the character.

Ghost and Granek like this.
  12. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    "You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have."

I can't see how they would follow that up with Leia not having any Force abilities, unless there's a really good reason for it.

13. Granek

Jan 12, 2012
    there is no really good idea for it, I can see them going ' I needed to raise my children route' ok, so she took a sabbatical for a year or even 5 to have several children, that still leaves 25 years of training...unless she plans on having children well into her 50's that's ridiculous to consider.

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Leia not having advanced in Force abilities since ROTJ would feel like something of a waste, the way I see it. Thirty years is a long time and I can see her finding her own field of interest as far as Jedi business is concerned.

15. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    1-5 years?
    You have strange views on how long it take to 'raise' children...

But to the topic. I doubt they will make Leia an out-and-out warrior, but I cant see them going a route where shes essentially not a force user.

I would assume they would make her have some rogue-y powers; lots of mind tricks, sencing stuff with the force etc.

The Hellhammer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.