Maybe it's not sabbac, but...

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Wildstar02301, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Boston Rebel here, newcomer to this forum.

We all know that Star Wars has a game called sabbac, but I've seen at least a couple of different descriptions of the game in the EU, so coming up w/ a good simulation of the game would be tough. However, we do know that sabbac is supposed to be Star Wars' idea of a poker game. Which got me to thinking...poker is quite popular these days, so why not see who in FanForce would make the best Han Solo or Lando Calrissian?

I'd like to explore ways of having a FanForce poker tournament online. If there's interest, I could see if Poker Stars or Party Poker (or some other online poker site) can help us set up a tournament. I'd like to keep it free to enter, which would likely mean allowing the tournament host to show ads to everyone while we play. The game will be No-Limit Texas Hold 'Em (the game most often shown on TV), which is relatively easy to learn.

CRs who wish to help determine interest should point the discussion to this thread.

TIA for your consideration.
  2. KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'd be down for this. I play poker at Party Poker all the time.
  4. RogueAce7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Texas Hold 'em? Sweet. I'm in.
  5. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    You might want to change the title of this thread to get a better showing.
  6. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    What would you suggest, Rox?
  7. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    FanForce poker tournament, you might also want to post this idea in the FanForce activities forum.
  8. KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master

star 4
    are those two websites you mentioned free?
  9. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    You can usually play for free at any of these poker sites, Kyle. It's the stuff like satellite tournaments (such as the ones Chris Moneymaker and Greg "Fossil Man" Raymer entered to get into the World Series of Poker when they won it) that require money.
  10. KyleKatarn96 Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome. Poker has been huge in my area, and I'm one of the few kids who don't know how to play well. I just started learning it last weekend..
  11. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    This sounds interesting to me too, I'm in. Want me to change the thread title for you?
  12. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Dajuan

I've actually started having second thoughts about it. It's not going to be easy to get people on both coasts together at the same time for a tournament. And I might only have a couple of hours at a time to play.
  13. Zandoran_Celix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey I just stumbled in here while looking around.....

Frst off Id play, seeing as a few weeks ago was my first ever poker tournament among friends and my first time ever playing texas holw em and i wiped my friends clean......

Also they ahve created asimulation Sabacc game for windows...I have it on my computer currently......
  14. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Zandoran

You wouldn't happen to have a URL for the sabacc simulation, would you?
  15. Zandoran_Celix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No but I can try and find it...or I can just load it up in a zip file and put it on a site for downlaod......
  16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.