main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Maybe no ST 7-8-9 BUT....

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by BOnes_Mandalorian, Mar 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    So then the story can't be through Anakins eyes since he died right after the Emperor..

And I'm sure that Luke doesn't live forever so I'm guessing that the story isn't through his eyes either..

And I'm sure C-3PO and R2-D2 would get their memories wiped or even get salvaged for body parts since people wouldn't want 30+ year old droids working for them. So therefore it cant be through their eyes too!

So whose 'eyes' is StarWars seen through? ;) :p

2. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Usby J. Thape was told the story by the spirit of his uncle Mace Windu. This Thape fellow must be the one to tell the story.

3. BOnes_Mandalorian

BOnes_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    Thanks guys,... I really appreciate it.

As long as there's optimistic fans like us alive, the sequels will at least stay alive in our hearts.

Oh... and FYI, I saw an interview with Mark Hamill recently (a new one) on some talk show on CTV I think, where he said he'd love to play the character of Luke again if the chance ever comes.

4. BOnes_Mandalorian

Mar 29, 2002
  5. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    yeah thats because he has nothing better to do ;) :p

6. BOnes_Mandalorian

Mar 29, 2002
    Yeah,... poor guy...
    Although I did like The Guyver movie a lot... He's been in a couple of near-TV movies in the beginning of the nineties. And I loved him in Wing Commander 4 .. It was ALMOST like seeing Luke Skywalker again in that role. hehe.

What else ... oh yeah.. a GREAT episode of the "new" Outer Limits.. again. .. Mid-nineties.

7. GORILLA

GORILLA Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2002
    Don't feel sorry for Hamill. He doesn't regret his time in the Star Wars films and he doesn't regret the path his career has taken either, so cheer up. Hamill is a good guy and an okay actor, not everybody is going to be Harrison Ford.

8. islandjoe

islandjoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2002
    This may seem blasphemous to suggest, but....

what of just EP 7? Set many years after ROTJ with Hammill as the Ben type old dude.

Who says there HAS to be another trilogy?

Why not one movie in three acts, if you will?

The recurring characters could be Luke and the two droids.
    Oddly enough, Ben could reappear as can Anakin, played in Jedi-Ghost world by the new guys who play them. (Hey, in the afterlife I'd rather look like my younger, better looking self!) It would be interesting to see Luke confer with these images of the former Jedi in new visages which are familiar to us, though maybe not to him, at first.

I am reminded of Lucas' penchant for coopting myth and formal religious stories into the SW saga. Spirits returning and not being recognized at first comes right out of some Book, I think.

In any case, yes these films may take years to do, but why another Trilogy of films? One movie could adequately bring back Luke and complete the whole Skywalker saga. I love the thought that the "OTHER" isn't really Leia, but someone else who would be in EP. III. Then we really could come full circle.

I was intrigued, also by the comment someone made about John Williams reaction to Lucas' revelation of Ep III. Was he saying he wanted to get on with the work on EP II or with a supposed other tale to follow? Not sure in how that was worded.

Be Well.

Joe

9. BOnes_Mandalorian

Mar 29, 2002
    "(Hey, in the afterlife I'd rather look like my younger, better looking self!) It would be interesting to see Luke confer with these images of the former Jedi in new visages which are familiar to us, though maybe not to him, at first."

DEAR LORD !!! What an AWSOME idea !! I TOTALLY agree with you there buddy ! Why didn't I think of that ? Yes,... After all.. Notice that Anakin isn't burned anymore while he's in his ghost form in ROTJ. And LOGICALLY , we SHOULD see him YOUNG ! YES ! That is an EXCELLENT contribution to the thread ! Thank you ! And besides, Hayden Christensen will SURELY become VERY popular with AOTC and will want to reportray the ghost of Anakin.

PS: errr I prefer Star Wars in the trilogy format. A trilogy of trilogies (TO ME) is better. And besides.... rebuilding the Jedi order is.... well... something that can only happen in YEARS... not instantaniously in one movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.