main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

maybe

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by flyer_98, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyer_98

flyer_98 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2004
    Hey guys! I know I'm new and all, but sometime could there be a meeting that is not paintball, laser tag, or go-karts? I am happy to read about you enjoying it, but some people don't like shooting things or running people over. All I'm asking for is one month. In my opinion, bowling, movies, or Comedy Sportz are viable options. After that you can go back to destroying things. Promise. Thanx.

2. Super_J

Super_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2004
    Im new too and would like to go somewhere just to meet everyone. I do like paintball and used to play competitively but that was a long time ago. I now have less money, lol. Plus with a little one I am kept pretty busy.
    [image=http://members.lycos.co.uk/jcx3/hpbimg/master%20jedi%20jack.jpg]

3. Thrace

Thrace Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2003
    They bring up good points, things like that aren't for everyone. I just haven't had the money nor the time go to shoot things, but others shouldn't be made to feel left out due to lack of funds or their personal beliefs. Also if we don't do things like paintballing I should be able to get kelly to come with, but she's afraid of little balls flying at her at 150 miles per hour.

4. Darth_Neckless

Darth_Neckless Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    Techincally its not a 150 mph. its only 285 feet per second which works out to be about 194 miles per hour. And actaully if one wears proper clothing the pain is not that bad. Also we do have those sorts of meetings but noone attends those either it seems. We go to conventions now and then and just becuase its not an official meeting doesnt mean people can't get together to do those sorts of activities within the the Order. Also with it being summer and the weather much nicer outdoor activiteis are much prefered to sitting in a smoky bowling alley or cooped up in a movie theater. While we do not pressure anyone to do anything they are not comfortable with, frankly nothing we do will ever be good enough. Someone will always be left out or unwilling to participate. Therefore we do something that we find enjoyable and think that others might also enjoy. In addition I encourage those who have not tried it out to at least attempt it before turning it down.

5. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    Once the adrenalin gets going you hardly even notice getting shot.

For me it is money.

I wouldnt mind an informal dinner or if someone wanted to have a cookout. Everyone could bring a dish and there spouse or girl/boyfriend.

Im sure most of you do know each other, but I would like to see who else is in the group.

Jack

6. flyer_98

flyer_98 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2004
    I completely agree with you that nothing is going to be good enough, and I am not trying to discourage the paintball/ laser tag/ go kart activities, but there is a (seeming) minority out there who would like to get involved with as much of the group as possible without having to shoot stuff/ race/ go out of town. I think it's a great idea to do outdoor activities with the group since the weather is better. If you can think of a superb activity that can include us non-sportsers and monitarily challenged, that would be wonderful. I cannot think of anything off the top of my head. Personally, being a newbie, I don't know enough of the group to try to organize the thing, but I'm sure it would be fun.

P.S. I have tried them and I still don't like them. =)

7. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    Ok, this is how it is people. Chris and I go out of our way to get you guys to do stuff. We have a cookout every year at our house, but we haven?t made a date yet. When we do go to a movie, bowling, or low cost activity NO SHOWS UP but Chris, Kent, Lance, Matt, and I. We also give you all 2 week notice on meetings and events. When we do offer people the option of setting up a time and a place, no one does it, However if you do have an idea it showed be run by the QCJO president.

QCJO V.P.
    Steve

8. Super_J

Apr 25, 2004
    Being new I am sure flyer and myself just wanted to know how things worked. Sorry you have low turn out at events. I for one would come to a cook out or similiar event.

I am on a couple boards and do know the importance of showing up to meetings etc.

Hope to meet everyone soon

[image=http://members.lycos.co.uk/jcx3/hpbimg/master%20jedi%20jack.jpg]

9. flyer_98

flyer_98 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2004
    Understood.

10. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Hello folks:

I am Kent the QCJO Comms officer. For those of you who are new and voicing your opinion and frustration, I understand your dilemma of looking for things to do as a group where you can socialize. First of all let me say Welcome to the group.

I joined the group last Feb(2003) at a CON held in Davenport with Peter Mayhew-Chewbacca. Since then we have had many activities, bowling, movies, a cook-out, bowling, the idea of movie night informally has been offered-like rent movies and order zza or potluck at my club house-but we never get enough responses.

We do laser tag and go-karts because it is fun. We play paintball because it is fun for us and we have found a cheap place to play. For us it is a hobby that we just started in April with co-ordination with the Chicago Force. We found after the first time that we enjoyed it so much that we wanted to do it around here with a group. And we would love for more to come with us and enjoy.

Steve made a point that few people come when we have other things.

For those who have other interests we can do things too. Some of us collect, some do costuming, some are into games-computer or board games.

We can do other things but you need to post suggestions. Yes I realize money can be tight at times, but we find ways to spend it on the things we want-some spend it at the bar, or at the "club", or other things. We have been working on things-working on ideas but we need input and we need people to show up.

Sometime we will have a cookout-potluck.

We can plan a movie night but I need help with this-I have to put a deposit on my clubhouse, so that takes a little time and planning.

Now some thoughts-there will be a release of the OTC on DVD locally somewhere. You can do costumes if you want.

We have Boo at the Zoo.

Yes-we have paintball and go carts-but we usually go to dinner before or after-perfect for socializing. You can always join us after or before the event by letting us know-and posting. You can even make suggestions of where we could go before or after.

Except paintball is usually dirty and smelly, so you might not want go out with us who have worked up a funky smell.

We value your input and we appreciate your concerns. Any suggestions feel free to post.

June will be a hectic month for most of us. So there will probably not be a formal thingy for June.

May the Force be with you always...

Kent

11. DoctorD52

DoctorD52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    straight up K-man... I am a founding member of this rag tag group of freaks, and everyone knows it is dificult for me to do most anything unless I have 2 or 3 months notice... I will show up once in a double sun eclipse and that is enough for me. but i do incurage new members to "regester" at the website or contact Chris or Steven. this way we know who you are. you can not be a member if we do not know who you are or just posting at this site... now, anyone that would like to start up a sith order of the QC and run these goody tushus out of town, or just get drunk, let me know...

12. DoctorD52

DoctorD52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    Kent- are you still looking for a guitarist? let me know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.