main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MidWest Mayfield/Paducah Kentucky Fanforce

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by AC-91, May 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AC-91

AC-91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2004
    Nobody is ever on here but im still going to say this! Paducah and Mayfield are close to each other and are in the Jackson Purchase area of Kentucky. If anyone is in this area sign here so we can get one!

2. JediOrder_of_WestKY

JediOrder_of_WestKY Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2004
    We need a fan force or somesort of club in Paducah. It'd be easy for me to get there and plus it'd be cool.

3. AC-91

Jan 5, 2004
    YAY! I havent been to this page in forever because I didn't think anybody ever came! That's two votes! How many do we need again?

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Three I believe.

5. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Three shall be the number, and the number shall be three.

~H~

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Hey guys, da name's Krash...I'm the guy who looks after Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky FFs.

You'll have to forgive my inexperience with local geography...where abouts is Mayfield and Paducah Kentucky? Reason I ask is there are a number of Kentucky FF chapters (Bowling Green and Richmond) that are hurting for members...Louisville is doing alright (you guys should contact them anyways). It helps to know your nearest neighbors.

My advise, the 2 of you organize a time/place to get together...make it a public place (like a shopping mall or large bookstore) Give me the details, and I'll throw something together on FF news...meanwhile you guys tell any and all of the people you know that are interested in SW, as well as mention it to some local businesses that deal in SW stuff (toys/books/comics) and ask if they can tell their customers.

Do that 3 times, get them registered here on the boards...give me a "roll call" from the meetings and for the most part you're all set!

BTW, the Midwest F record for becoming an official FF chapter is 3 weeks (Dayton ROCKS!)...no need to go crazy like that, but it shows what can be done!!!

Good luck guys!

7. AC-91

Jan 5, 2004
    Well I think its about 2-3 hours from Bowling Green don't know where Richmond is, we are over in the Jackson Purchase area at the southwestern part

8. AC-91

Jan 5, 2004
    I have tried and tried this, but nobody really takes me that seriously since I am younger...

If anyone could help me out a little bit it would help a lot, I do have one person I know of who I'm sure would love to that I havent asked yet, but other than that I don't know...

If anybody could help me get a meeting time or something to talk this over and see what we can do it would really help out!

Thanks,
    Ac-91

9. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Hey there! Good luck with setting up your FF. In the mean time, I'll just bet the closest FF to you is US! Yep, Evansville IN...The E'ville Jedi.

I've been to your area before and I think it's about 2 to 2.5 hours drive...about 130 miles.

Feel free to visit & post on our boards & consider driving up for a meeting or event. We'd love for you to join us.

So follow my sig. or find us in the midwest...

MTFBWY...

Scott
    E'ville Chapter Rep

10. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hey Guys,

I am new to the fan forum but really would like to join a local fanforce. I live in Benton which is 30 minutes from Mayfield or Paducah. I know 2 other fans that would like to join a local fanforce also. Hopefully you are still checking this post. I may have met you in the popcorn line and the midnite show of Sith in May, I'm not sure if thats you. Let me know what you think.

11. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Welcome to the boards, pacervader! In what city did you go to the ROTS screening?

Looks like you are "between" St. Louis, Evansville, & Nashville...and a little farther from Louisville. I'm from Evansville and I've done a lot of trips to the Land Between The Lakes area.

12. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Hi WedgesOtherNephew,

I went to the Paducah screening and ran into someone in line who said he had been trying to start up a fanforce in our area. I forgot to get his name. We talked about our experiences at Celebration 3 and where we were in the George Lucas line. Have you heard from the guys that sarted this post? Did they ever come to one of your meetings? Anyway, chat soon.--Chris

13. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    No, as of yet, no one that I know of has come up from your area. It looks like AC-91 still logs in to the boards. You might try sending them a Private message.

14. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Sending Pm to each other is good...but I would also advise 2 things:

1) Pick a date (weekends seem to work better) at some public place (mall/library/comic shop) for a in-person meeting. One of the goals of FF is to bring local SW fans together. Best way to meetup is to meetup somewhere.

2) Make a simple flyer with the basic info (date/time/place) and spread those around town. maybe ask the managers of some places you think SW fans would frequent (see #1) if they wouldn't mind posting in their store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.