main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Maz Kanata in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darth_mccartney, Jul 16, 2016.

1. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    During the panel an audience member asked Dave about whether Maz Kanata would appear in Rebels... Dave was his usual evasive self but he did have a bit of a twinkle in his eye and said that he and the woman that asked the question were on the same wavelength and that she'd be good at this kinda thing.

Not a YES, I know, but this can be compared to the more definitive NO's to Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn.

Thoughts?

I'd LOVE to see Maz show up!

2. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I'd prefer as minor connections to TFA as possible

3. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    It would make sense to see Maz though, she's like 1000 years old, the crew could stop off at her bar or something lol

4. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I would have preferred no connections to TFA at all, but the Crossguard ligthsaber was a tolerable exception.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Maz Kanata has flags of Hondo Ohnaka and Vizago in her castle- so definitely possible-(while naturally those were hidden easter eggs and not really establishing canonical connection per se) I think Filoni's lack of definite no- answer means that she is either appearing or she is at least considered so he was careful not to spoil anything.

I'm interested why clearer connection would be so hard for you to tolerate? Just curious- even if I hate some material having a small hint or nod towards it doesn't bother me.

6. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    I wouldn't want to see her, but a nod would be alright. Like Hondo says to the Ghost crew "I have just come back from my good friend Maz's castle" or something like that.

7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I interpreted Filoni's response as... suggestive, as well.

As to an actual appearance by Maz in Rebels? I think it could be alright. I certainly wouldn't miss it, should she never appear. And to be honest, there is a list of characters I'd sooner see show up in the series.

But that said, depending on what angle they approach things from, Maz showing up could turn out to be something really great.

So who knows? I'm open to it.

8. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    What about the Church of the Force? We may see them in Rogue One!

9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I think the Story Group intentionally introduced her as being a way of connecting all future SW stories with one recurring neutral character/place to congregate, so I expect her to pop up in pretty much everything.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I would rather see that she is there in the background but doesn't pop up often. She hears stories from people and sees things (from their eyes) but is not much involved.

11. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Maybe we see how Hondo's banner got there.