main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Maz's eyes

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sluggo1313., Nov 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    I looked back through 5 pages and couldn't find a/the Maz thread, so I started one.

The general concensus is that Maz is a force user and/or former Jedi, and its through the Force that she shows Rey, Finn, and Han the flash backs and has her insights into the heroes characters. However recently JJ Abrams talked about Maz and I think what he said challenges this belief.

"Her eyes have special meaning and power. “I had some specific ideas about how she would work and what she would do,” Abrams says. “I had this pitch about these goggles that she wore. Her eyes are an important aspect of her character, and you’ll see how it plays out.”

I think its possible, maybe likely (and I'll explain why in a minute) that Maz isn't a Force user or former Jedi, but that her species have the ability to see things in others and potentially show things through eye contact. She is able to look at Rey's and Finn's and know things about them that most other species could only tell be using the force, and insert images into their brains (the flash back) through their optic nerves. This is why she wears the goggles, she doesn't want the ability to be "on" all of the time, and the characters (and audience) know she is doing something special when she takes them off.

As for the Jedi thing, Abrams also said that Maz will be showing up in future Star Wars material (ie - not just Saga movies). And the description we're given of Maz is that she is pirate that run's a "watering hole" and has for about 100 years. I think its possible that Han knew Maz from his smuggling days and we might see Maz in the upcoming Han Solo "Star Wars story" movie. IF (total speculation) we do find out that Maz and Han knew each other prior to ANH, and Maz was a Jedi and/or used the force, then would Han really believe it was all a lot of "simple tricks and nonsense"?

D'an likes this.
  2. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    I assume she has some variant on ShatterPoint.

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  4. PaperSkin

PaperSkin Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 12, 2015
    In the style of America Pie -

Maz Maz, She has Magical eyes.
    Through the force she detects the skywalker line.

LANDO_ROCKS and KnightOfRen like this.
  5. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    In before the merge.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

Dak Oolron and Solo-Skywalker like this.
  6. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    "Use the [Search function], [@sluggo1313.]!" -Obi-Wan

7. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    That's odd. I found the Maz thread on the second page.

warLOCK

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    There is a Maz (Lupita) thread, a quick search of "Maz" brought it up. You can find it HERE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.