main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

McCallum confirms EU characters will be in live action series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Captain_Typho, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    As per the hyperspace audio cast put online today, Rick says we can expect to see EU characters in the live action tv series. My thoughts....Garm Bel Iblis.

2. Tagne

Tagne Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    McCallum said the live-action series are planned just at the beginning of 2007.
    About you, does it mean that the release of the series is for early 2007 or the start of principal photography?

Thanks

3. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    I don't have hyperspace, can anyone PM me with a link or send me an email with it?

4. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I don't want any EU characters how about some completely new characters we have never seen before and they are beginning pre-production in Janurary 2006, they are beginning principal photography in 2007, and the TV Series is coming out in 2008.

5. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Jedi_AnakinSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2005
    i like EU and i hope to see a lot of different tie in's...

6. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    That's too bad, then.

Just because there are EU characters that will be in the show doesn't mean that automatically they are forbidden to use any other characters.

Personally, I i'm mixed about this. While it's cool that we'll finally get to see some EU people, given Lucas' predilection for not caring about continuity this could really mess up a whole lot of post-ROTJ EU backstory.

7. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Guys we're gonna get both characters we've seen en Eu and new ones. It'll be cool.

8. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Sorry wrong wording I just don't want the show to turn into a show with a bunch of EU characters a few is alright but if they put a lot of them in there I'll be a little upset. You are right we will also probabaly get to see completely new characters. I still think the TV Series is going to be great though. Another one of my stupid posts.

9. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    IGN has an article about this as well http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/657/657048p1.html

Filming will be primarily in Sydney, but they will travel to other places to shoot various things and it will be shot in HD. Like has been said it will expand to EU characters, but still try and fill in some gaps between the trilogies.

They say this stuff will start in 2007, so I guess it's far to say the special effects won't be that much, if they plan to start airing that soon. I wish they would take more time, not just for sfx, but for the sake of quality and thinking it all out. Botching the tv series would suck. It's good to hear it will be a bit dark though.

I'm hoping for Ventress still. :D

I would prolly bank on Quilan Vos or whoever since they mentiond him in ROTS specifically.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>I don't want any EU characters how about some completely new characters we have never seen before<<

Any completely new characters appearing in the TV show would be EU characters by default.

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well I want a few EU characters but not so much.

12. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Maybe we'll see Quinlan Vos, since Lucas decided to cut his death scene from Revenge of the Sith.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, they did give Quinlan an extension- his "death scene" in ROTS still happened (as depicted in the ROTS comic adaptation), but he survived, as shown in the forthcoming issues of Republic...

[image=http://images.darkhorse.com/covers/10/10455.jpg]

However, he could still die afterwards, as hinted at in the description of that comic:

" Palpatine's Order 66 has changed everything. As Jedi are slaughtered across the galaxy, one has managed to cheat fate-but for how long? Badly wounded by the same troops he just led to victory, Master Quinlan Vos retreats into the jungle wilderness of the Wookiee homeworld Kashyyyk. As the clones close in, Vos must choose-stay and fight, or run and put those he loves in danger of the newborn Empire's wrath?"

14. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Looks like we'll be getting alot of the same people that were in Farscape considering they are doing it in Australia.

15. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    Might give slightly more credence to the Matthew Newton and Wayne Pygram rumors...

Would new characters/events/vehicles from the shows actually be EU, though, especially in the episodes by Lucas? I'm thinking that, if nothing else, LFL might make a new level of canonicity for it (below the movies, above everythign else).

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Lucas wrote the Ewok movies and Star Tours, yet they are EU/c-canon. Also consider that though he may write one or more episodes, he won't be writing them all, and he won't be in charge eventually, but rathe whomever the showrunner turns out to be- which basicly falls more towards the EU in terms of description.

It'd be like how Lucas provided the backstory for Labyrinth of Evil (which was then passed on for Clone Wars)- a lot comes from Lucas but the source itself is still EU.

17. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    True. You know who would be a kick ass showrunner? Tim Minear!

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You don't have to repeat yourself - we got you the first time!

Just want to point out that "sfx" doesn't mean special effects. In fact, special effects are practical effects you do on-set, like pyrotechniques and stuff like that. What you are thinking of is visual effects, vfx. Sfx = sound effects.

19. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I know I was just telling The2ndquest that because he did not pay any heed to that in his message and I wanted to tell him that okay.

20. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    I'm not sure that adding the quote button when the forums were re-vamped was a good idea, y'know?

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

21. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Wait a minute, Quinlan SURVIVED getting toasted by that tank in the comic? Star Wars comic writers are hacks, I swear. I guess it's true, it's impossible to die in the EU. I'm still waiting to see how they "save" Aayla!

22. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Well, your going to have to wait for eternity, it won't happen. She's dead.

23. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    But then how would Revan get his post count up?

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Wait a minute, Quinlan SURVIVED getting toasted by that tank in the comic? Star Wars comic writers are hacks, I swear. I guess it's true, it's impossible to die in the EU. I'm still waiting to see how they "save" Aayla!<<

Different situation- Aayla is definitely dead, however Quinlan's situation was very similar to Obi-Wan's and thus left room open for the possibility of survival.

Aayla, however, is very, very, very dead...

[image=http://www.denimfilms.com/shared/aayla-dead.jpg]

25. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    You never know... So was Mace, So was Boba, So was Palpatine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.