main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

McCallum releases SW TV Series info to the BBC

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Spike_Spiegel, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    BB News Story

Interesting read:

Star Wars series to run and run

The TV series spin-off of the Stars Wars film franchise will run to at least 100 episodes, according to producer Rick McCallum.

He told BBC Radio 1 the writing team would soon be meeting to start on the project, which would begin filming in 2008 and be ready the same year.

"Hopefully if we can make it work and everybody's excited and watches it we will keep on going," said McCallum.

The series will be set between episodes three and four of the film saga.

It would cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers.

McCallum said there would be "a whole bunch of new characters" and the series would be "much more dramatic and darker".

Huge franchise

He added that it was unlikely any of the stars of the movies would be involved in the TV series.

Star Wars creator George Lucas has just completed writing the script for the next Indiana Jones film and will then begin work on Red Tails, about African-American pilots in World War II.

Following completion of that film, work will begin on the Star Wars TV series.

There has already been a Star Wars series spin-off in the shape of the animated Clone Wars, which began as three-minute episodes before they were expanded to 30-minute shows.

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, released in 2005, marked the end of the end of the Star Wars saga on the big screen.

It became the biggest film franchise in history, with the final film alone taking £500m at the box office outside of the US.

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

LINKS TO MORE ENTERTAINMENT STORIES

2. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004

This has been shown to be a misinterpretation on behalf of the author of the article, don't freak out, the show will not be the Young Luke Skywalker Adventures. There was a bit of a freak out on the Lit boards with this a couple of days ago.

3. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes, I seriously doubt that the show will focus on young Luke since Luke was said to have had a boring life before the events of ANH.

4. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    Interesting...... [face_thinking]

Sccrman95

5. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    The version I read on Galactichunter.com said it would be about everything that happened between Episodes II and IV. From Luke growing up to Vader and the Empire. It's so early in the game, who knows what to believe.

6. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    I assume you meant episode III, right Roland?

Buy yeah, that would be cool if it encompased everything between III and IV, some of Luke growing up, some of Vader hunting down Jedi, the early battles between the Rebellion and the Empire. Plus they could throw in some Boba Fett stuff.........

Sccrman95

7. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    good news find :)

at this early stage you really can't confirm any details about possible plot yet.

I could easily believe it won't contain any major movie characters, and I'll look forward to them developing some totally new characters.

8. jedikitty19

jedikitty19 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 23, 2006
    is it me or is rick really annoying

9. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I just can't see where they would go with it, if it was about Luke. Tatooine is not the most exciting place and up to Episode IV is seems that Luke has never left Tatooine, so how could you have a TV series focus on Luke for 100 episode's and keep it interesting?

I can't see this at all. [face_thinking]

It still seems far more likely to me that its going to be about how The Empire hunted down the remaining Jedi. That gives so much more scope to introduce new Jedi characters, new Bounty Hunters, new planets, plus it gives us the chance to see a few old favourites like Vader, The Emperor (maybe even The Senate?) Tarkin, Boba Fett, etc...

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I agree - I really can't see it having anything to do with luke.

11. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    This doesn't make any damn sense. Wasn't Luke supposed to a bored farm boy who never or rarely got involved in any action?

I was hoping we'd get a new central character, perhaps a rebel, fighting the Empire and traveling from one exotic planet to another.

And it appears that the series will be Tatooine-based. No new planets? No Empire? Think of the possibilities squandered!

12. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    I think the adventures of a young Han Solo is much more appealing.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I would not really like that either. I would rather it not be about anybody's young adventures and there has been a lot of contradictions concerning the plot of the TV Series so we don't for sure what it is exactly going to focus on.

14. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    Neither would I like the "adventures of young..", but if its going to be about that, let it be about HAN!

15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I'd rather have it focus on Boba Fett than Han Solo since he's more mysterious and I think more interesting.

16. acroyear7

Feb 11, 2006
    The adventures of Boba is an interesting idea, but I think he should be left as an enigma.

17. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    It's more likely that the TV Series is going to focus on Boba Fett than anyone else right now since there is the rumor that the show will focus on Imperial bounty hunters, GL has also expressed interest in hiring Daniel Logan to reprise his role as Boba Fett and Logan has returned that interest.

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I hope they don't touch any of the main OT characters, even Vader.

Give us something new....with some cameos by minor OT characters.

19. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    That's pretty much what I expect. Something new with film characters remaining on the periphery of the story.

And G-Fett, I don't really believe it'll be about the Jedi Purge. I think that's pretty much over. Based on the novel Dark Lord it looks like hunting down and destroying the Jedi Knights isn't all that high on the Empire's to do list. With the order decimated and dishonored, they're not really much of a threat anymore. At least that's what the Emperor believes until a son of the "Chosen One" shows up to challenge him.

20. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I'd rather they decided on a tight number of initial episodes and made them as good as they could possibly be than said from the off they're going to have such a large batch.

21. DARTHMATTY

DARTHMATTY Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2004
    They need to put there focus on what happens to Jar Jar Binks...jk.

I look forward to the focus being around a new character, because it does not run the risk of tainting the idenity of someone we have already met in the movies.

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We've got 6 movies, plus all the movies-related EU to learn about and enjoy the characters from the films.

SW has always given us exciting new characters, and I'm looking forward to seeing what we get this time around.

I wouldn't be shocked to see the occasional Jedi; it just wouldn't seem like SW without it. :)

23. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes, I would also love to see the occasional Jedi.

24. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    They should have Simon Pegg as a jedi who had just broken up with his secret longtime girlfriend when Anakin and the troops attacked the jedi Temple. Pegg then sets out to rescue his jedi girlfriend with the help of his lazy Hutt friend.

If they do this than they have a hit.

25. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I am all for "Shaun of the Jedi".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.