main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

McCallum says 5 or 6 deleted scenes on Sith DVD

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Jedi_Interceptor, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003

Originally, Mace Windu greeted Palpatine, Obi-wan, and Anakin at the landing strip where the Invisible Hand crashes. This was cut though, and Mace greeted them at the Senate Building.

Edit: Whoops, I just realized that's a few pages back. Oh well, it's an answer nonetheless.

2. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    BUT there is NO spot in the final cut that shows WHERE they would've switched sabers...in the shots JUST before that, they each have their OWN, then all of a sudden, they're SWITCHED! Now, obviously, there was some kind of sequence in there where they ended up switching, but since it must've been cut, now it almost looks like an editing error! "easter egg" I guess wink
    --------------------------------------------------

There was a scene in the book, where Obi wan, feeling overwhelmed, pushes a button or gear in Anakin's mechanical hand with the force that makes it open involuntarily and he grabs his saber, but then Anakin grabs his with the force, and tries to throttle him. I would assume they tried to film it, and than it was cut

3. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    all the scenes cut from rots should be put back in the film, how can a star wars film be too long? anyways i think cutting the qui gon yoda dialogue is definitely the biggest blunder, that scene did seem too good to be true when i read it though just cuz it made sense

4. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    wait a sec, palps uses ani's saber. whaaa???

5. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    When they originally filmed it, Sidious used the Force to steal Anakin's lightsaber and fight Mace. That's why the Palpatine action figure came with a blue lightsaber. This was re-done and Palps was given his own red saber.

6. KfistoRox

KfistoRox Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2002
    Check out palps in this pic of a sequence that was cut. http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/explore/sithsnap/2005/08/sithsnap20050829.html

Another of obi wan choosing boga. http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/explore/sithsnap/2005/08/sithsnap20050817.html

Dang a lot of stuff...

7. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i cant believe lucas didnt have this crucial scene planned out in advance, someone asked 'does he make it up as he goes along', to which i reply duhh!

8. KfistoRox

Oct 31, 2002
    Yea he finally made it to what was the most fun film to make and botched it here in there regretibly. Some how it still is amazing though.

9. jedipadawanjoe14

jedipadawanjoe14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2005
    i still dont understand what soo amazing about this qui- gon scene- if you want to know about immortality read the script, the screenplay or the novel, its not that special,all it is is qui gon saying " you can acheive immortiatlity only be letting go of all attachments and showing compassion

and it wont be there anyways, and none of the scenes will be back on the actually movie

10. Carnotaur3

Carnotaur3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 2004
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/explore/sithsnap/2005/06/img/ep3_ia_96196.jpg]

Was that in the movie?

11. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    is that kashyyyk? if so then it was, or something like it was anyways

12. Carnotaur3

Carnotaur3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 2004
    Yeah, it's Kashyyyk, but I don't remember that shot.

13. KfistoRox

Oct 31, 2002
    That looks like the explosion after the two wookies swung down and stuck explosives on the droid wheel.

14. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Definitely looks like it. Those weird things in the background to the left aren't in the movie, though.

Wookiees are brave
    /LM

15. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    what are u guys talking about??????

16. DarthTornado

DarthTornado Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2004
    Yeah they were.

17. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    That shot is right from the movie, those weird cone things and all.

18. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Really? Cool :)

Backgrounds - they're in the back
    /LM

19. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    alright guys, i found this on a fan site-some guy listed th 6 deleted scenes- sounds credible because this guy posted all the changes about the OT dvd 3 months before it came out- and they were all exactly correct

in any case, heres what he says- im very very happy with them

Shaak Ti killed by Grievous
    Rebellion meeting in Bail's office
    Rebellion meeting in Padme's apartment
    Rebellion confront Palpatine
    A Plot to destroy the Jedi (as referred to on Hyperspace)
    Exiled to Dagobah (YES it's true!)

20. FRANKTHERABBIT

FRANKTHERABBIT Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    There is a shot that wasn't seen in ROTS during the opening space battle. It's of a Republic battleship from a distance blowing up in really spectacular fashion. Looks very kewl. Hope it appears in the DVD.

:)

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Dagobah would be all of 2 seconds of a cut scene if it were true. It would be easier (and cheaper) for them to just stick it right back into the movie without making it one of the 6 extra scenes.

22. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Unfortunately, Shaak Ti being killed by greivous does not work, as he leaves her behind in the Clone WEars Episode 25... so that one is most liekly wrong

23. jedipadawanjoe14

Jul 7, 2005
    it could be longer then expected- maybe a minute or so if were lucky- and what i think would really be cool and fix the continuity a little, is if when yoda lands on dagaboh obi comes out holding luke on dagobah for a few seconds, so then the line "this place seems framiliar"(yea i kno its wrong but close enough) would make sense

24. DarthTornado

DarthTornado Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2004
    Bleh, no, I would hate that. I prefer to think that Luke felt Dagobah through the Force, not as though he's actually been there.

25. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    i would love to see that, but where are u getting this info???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.