main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC McDonald's all-day breakfast... coming nationwide (U.S.) in October!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Sep 2, 2015.

?

McDonald's all-day breakfast is...

1. GOOD!

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. All sorts of disgusting.

12 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Shouldn't this go elsewhere... perhaps in Ender's MURICA thread?

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    The last time I had McDonalds had to have been about three or four and a half years ago. Some family members and I were taking a road trip down to LA for the holidays when we stopped by one somewhere along the 5. It was about mid-morning. Up to this point, I had not been inside a McDonalds in probably about half a decade. The menu was nigh on unrecognizable to me, so I just ordered something called a McGriddle, except I had no idea it was a variation of the McGriddle.

Anyway, when we were back on the road, I proceeded to bite down into this eldritch McGriddle abomination and was immediately treated to a petrifying mixture of cold syrup and hot ass-****-tasting something. I took no further bites and was traumatized for the rest of my trip. The stress of it all led directly to me being sick and bedridden three days later.

People want to have McDonalds breakfast 24/7? Fine, let 'em, but I can't pretend to know why.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  2. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Should make getting a Mc 10:35 easier, but it will lose some of the appeal as it won't be so tough to get.

Still, those hash browns are like crack. I could eat them all day!

3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I really do not understand the appeal of the hash browns, either. They taste like wet, fried diaper.

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    about time, now bring the all day breakfast to Canada please :)

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Far too many on here obsessed with McDonalds.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    it's the only thing I like about McDonalds is the breakfasts, everything else is way too greasy....

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The only good thing about this is that it renders another overrated (?) and overappreciated Adam Sandler movie as laughably dated.

8. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I'm all over the place on this thread.

I'm not gonna lie, I like a good McMuffin in its time and place (usually the airport because it often is the cheapest option and quality on par with anything else you can get), but also this:
    The first time I actually fried an egg at home and put it on a toasted english muffin with some (cheddar, not plastic) cheese and realized it tasted pretty much the same but better, I realized I'd been had. Plus honestly it takes longer waiting in the drive through than it does to make a McMuffin at home.

BUT also I am pro-breakfast menus and all-day breakfast. It's one of the many things Sonic has had going for it over other fast food for a long time (also strawberry limeades), so I think this is generally a positive social change. It always feels terrible when I say something sincerely that Even already posted sarcastically.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Then my work here is done.

tom likes this.
  10. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I've got flock of laying hens that provide me 6-10 fresh eggs every day. I've got a makeshift "garden" (about twelve plants in Home Depot buckets) of tomatoes, bell peppers, Anaheim peppers, and jalapenos.

All I need is a little bacon, ham, and cheese, and I can have a Paul Bunyan-sized Denver Omelet that is not only a fraction of the cost of paying for both the McDonalds food and for the gas to drive there, but because I'm cooking it myself I can actually create quality without any of McDonalds' signature "loaded-with-so-much-sugar-and-sodium-that-it's-both-salty-and-sweet-at-the-same-time" flavor.

Falcon likes this.
  11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    mmmmmmmmmmm fresh eggs =P~

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    You're doing your crack wrong

13. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    i don't think i've ever eaten breakfast food outside my own house (or something that's prepared in my kitchen and brought with me). and definitely not at a fast food place. why would you start your day like that?

and i sort of only ever eat oatmeal porridge for breakfast, and it has to be made right, so that makes it harder

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Well, now that I've thought about it some more, aside from some stuff I've ordered at Denny's, I'm sure that other local eateries in my section of the Valley -eateries I've yet to visit- have similar prices for breakfast items. I'm just more used to Brent's for, despite their high prices, it's still my favorite place to get breakfast at a restaurant. :p

15. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    there is a time and place for a mcdonalds breakfast. when you're hungover, have an hour train journey ahead of you, have raced to paddington station in a mild panic and have about 8 minutes left to spare before the train leaves, then a mcdonalds sausage and egg mcmuffin, hash brown and coffee is a beautiful thing. screw you, haters

I really wanna make my own one at home now tho

DarthTunick and Boba Nekhbet like this.
  16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Break into a bears houses much?

17. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
  18. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
  19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    The American Dream is about being able to have breakfast where you want, when you want. That's why making pancakes or eggs for dinner is so innately satisfying - it's what George Washington wanted.

Master_Rebado, Darth-Lando and Ramza like this.
  20. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Pretty much this. I don't usually visit McDonald's, but not because I'm part of the "McDonald's is KILLING AMERICA!" bandwagon. I usually am just not in the mood for it and the way I sometimes feel after eating it. The lunch-dinner menus aren't really great, and I cannot stand their fries down here. Imo, McDonald's fries are superior up in Canada.

But over the past few years, I sometimes haven't gotten out of work until 12am or later, usually without a break. So not only am I exhausted, but I'm hungry. And all this news about how McDonald's is suffering through rapidly declining sales seems sometimes strange, as you can't tell that by the look of their drive-throughs during my 40-minute drive home. I pass several McDonald's--all of them with their drive-thru lines wrapped around the buildings.

And those lines are even worse on the drive to work, during the breakfast (especially during breakfast) and lunch menu hours.

Coming home and making a quick dinner is actually a much quicker option than waiting in line for fast(/or not) food.

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    A lot of those people could be getting coffee and nothing else, though.

22. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    That's possibly true for that enormous morning crowd, but I'd be skeptical if that suggestion concerned the 12am-2am lines that also wrap around the buildings.

23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    McTraffic

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

Could be. Could be they work the graveyard shift and are getting coffee for their shift, or are on break grabbing a snack and loading up with more caffeine. Maybe they're getting off shift and, like you, have a commute. In any case, yes, all-day breakfast is always a good thing. :p

25. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Yes because national sales can be a gauged by the 6 or 7 McDonalds on your commute

Penguinator and Ramza like this.