McDonald's Bobbleheads

Discussion in 'Paducah, KY' started by Valhalla, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    Has anyone picked any of these up yet? I've gotten the Padme in cruiser and Stormtrooper in AT-AT. Not bad for $2 a piece.
  2. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I picked up the whole set, I think thier cool. Each McDonalds has a Customer Appreciation Box that has 4 or 5 of each toy in the set that you can pick through to purchase, you gotta ask the Mngr for it. pv
  3. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    These toys epitomize what I hate about McDonald's and their cheap knock-off toys. Why couldn't they just give us the ship? Then they have to ruin it with a floating head? And can you imagine what kids think - is it a ship? is it a character? is it a sign of the apocalypse? Wtf? They're good for filling with M80's and blowing the hell up after you chop off the heads and make a creepy Star Wars necklace to sell on eBay. Worthless.
  4. R2pota2 Jedi Knight

Sm... I'm beggining to think you have a very negative outlook on life in general.

What do they look like? any pictures? I havn't seen them.
  5. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've got six, and plan on getting the rest. Could they be better? Yes. Could they be worse? Definately.
  6. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2

Don't believe you know me well enough to think anything about me. I dress up as Boba Fett. What's negative about that? Oh, and that's BOBA Fett, NOT Bubba Fett, so you don't misunderstand. And I'm talking about toys here. Crappy, cheap toys that no kid cares to have more than 5 minutes. And, this is only my opinion.

Why comment if you haven't seen a picture? I shall oblige.

[image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0013955.jpg]

Now, tell me I'm wrong. These toys make me think of Tropic Thunder and wanting to tell the makers of these toys to "never go full retard."

And no, they couldn't be worse. Only the Jar Jar head with tongue-shaped sucker from the Episode I merchandising disaster was a worse idea and it was retail. Ok, if they were filled with sticky slime that contained an acid which ate through them and then the flesh of small children's hands then it would possibly be worse.

Or are most of us collectors just blindly following the frenzy anymore and buying whatever the hell Lucas throws in front of our faces? You know why there are boxes of the toys sitting behind the counter because they know we're coming for them. It's understood. We're on a leash and they're pulling us back in time after time after time. Enough is enough. Especially with toys like these. But if you want them, go for it. Obviously, I don't. And you can tell me you want them but you can't tell me they're good. Ever.

Now I'm taking my negativity and going to go get my jetpack accidentally misfired, slam into a sail barge, and fall into a Sarlaac pit to be slowly digested over thousands of years. Can't wait.
  7. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm gonna have to agree with Sithmonger. BK hit it right with their SW line(Stormtrooper with laser pointer cog is BA) but this McDs stuff it just seems kinda lame. Why is the stormtrooper on the AT-AT? And i bought 2 happy meals and a co worker bought 2 as well and we got 4 freakin Padmes!!! Sad.
  8. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yep they are lame. Got a 3PO (4 actually), want a TK and a Asajj thats it.
  9. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't go in and buy the toys without buying a meal. And for the most part, I plan on picking them up at yard sales and Salvation Army when they start filtering out there.
  10. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    Actually they aren't all that bad. For bobbleheads anyway. And for only $2 a piece. And I understand the stormtrooper in the At-At, the average kid isn't going to know who the AT-AT driver or General Veers are, but a Stormtrooper in easily id'ed. If you want to talk about craptastic toys, let's talk about the new Millenium Falcon for $150 freakin dollars. What parent can afford to drop that on their kid?
  11. R2pota2 Jedi Knight

SM I was being sarchastic, you always seem to have a negative comment in most of your posts that's all I was getting at, sorry to ruffle your Wookie scalps...

Anyways We just happened to go to mcdonalds yesterday after I posted... actually pure coincidence I hate mcdonalds but the kids and wife wanted it so I obliged. They got kids meals and both got an atst with a chewie bobble head on them. They wind up and walk which I though was neat... but they are increadibly cheap. My kids imediatly started tugging on the heads and I had to warn them that they were going to pop them off! I definately won't be woried about getting any more of these.

and as far as that damn mellinium falcon goes I read that the doorways aren't even big enough for R2 to fit through! Not to mention they arn't tall enough, even the leia figures have to duck to go through them apparently. I'll wait till they go on clearance to get one....

The AT-TE looked good though, did anyone get one of those?
  12. DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I grabbed an AT-TE the night it was released. That thing is awesome. The action features seem to never end, you can store a ton of weapons in it. And it can hold 20 CLONES!!!!!!!!!!! How sweet is that.
  13. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey lets get one thing straight. I am the negative one around here! lol

No really.
  14. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Are you people refering to the Millenium Falcon as a "piece of junk"?!
  15. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    First, you have to know how to spell "sarcastic" in order to BE sarcastic. R2Pota2, if you don't have anything good to say about someone, especially someone you don't know, then say nothing. I don't believe you've even read enough of my comments to make a judgment call about me just from a few of them. Perhaps if you contributed more to the club than just blabbering in this forum, you'd have a better excuse. Show up for a meeting or something. Or perhaps I like being negative. Maybe I have reason to be negative. It's worth a lot to me! And I'm being completely sarcastic with all of this. Ok? Seriously. Moving on.

I have the Falcon. I had to get it. I was offered a substantial reward for finding it. And I was braver than I thought about buying it. Don't let her fool you, she's got it where it counts and my kids and I have had endless fun so far with it. I really don't know what you people expect. Doors too small, walkways to narrow? You make it sound like its supposed to be a Barbie Dreamhouse. I don't want to disappoint you, but it doesn't have a jacuzzi either. Nothing you say can't make me think it's bad though. I've been waiting for this for 30 years. Now, I was able to get a good bit off the price after I saw them momentarily on clearance and exchanging at walmart with some haggling, and there are some complaints, specifically the landing gear (which is a horrible design) and the very off proportionate size of the radar dish. So if you can wait for another clearance then that would be a smart move. But, say what you will, it's the most awesome piece of "junk" to come along in a while. And my girls have already gotten my money's worth out of play time. The only problem I have had is finding a place for the thing. And to think, you guys seem to wish it was bigger so it was in complete proportions to the figures. Which will never happen. At least the landing platform doesn't constantly fall off like the original, of which I still have mine. AND you can fit 4 figures in the cockpit - any 4 figures pretty much! When you compare the two, the new one is 10 times better, and worth it. IMHO.

I'd love to have the AT-TE, but with all of the action features, I still wish it walked on its own. That was always my complaint with the AT-AT. And I don't have 20 clones to fill it. :(

Oh, and did I mention that the McDonalds toys suck? Well...they SUCK!

And, lastly, for all you people negative about the new Falcon....
    http://video.yahoo.com/watch/33998/1042218
  16. Valhalla Jedi Knight

star 2
    I never said it was junk, I believe me actual word was craptastic. And my complaint isn't the toy itself, it's the hefty price tag. It's great if some of you can afford to drop that kind of ching or are patient enough to see if it ever goes on clearance, but I'm thinking of the young and/or single parents who's kid really wants it and can't afford that kind of expense. I know we are collectors and all, but ultimately are these things actually for kids?
  17. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    Valhalla..No, I know. It's freakin' high. I went crazy the first day and bought it at TRU then returned it to get it cheaper at Wal-Mart then got some money off that because for some reason some fool put it on clearance for a day and I found out about it and got even more money back after haggling. That's why i said wait for clearance. But I couldn't help myself. This is my Christmas.

It's for kids if you have kids like mine - girls. But for the rambunctious boy, I'm not so sure. It's sort of delicate in parts and I do hate the landing gear which are either off or on or off if you lean on it the wrong way. This flaw is almost enough for me to not want it. But the first Falcon was delicate too. I broke the rotating gun after about 10 minutes and it still has scotch tape to this day where I tried to fix it. That part on this one I don't see breaking as easily but some other stuff I do. But it has lots of guns, missles and play features. But even I have a hard time getting my hand into the infamous "back room" on this thing - ok, I can't at all. It's sort of useless unless you are a kid. I think Hasbro did a descent job of pinpointing both the kid and collector market, but did sacrifice things on both sides of that.

It's still pretty awesome though. I hope they go down in price enough so everyone can have one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.