main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

McQuarrie Prints Still For Sale?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CooperTFN, Jul 3, 2013.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 6 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Hey folks; I hope this is the right way of bringing this up. I'm hoping to track down a "new" print of this specific McQuarrie image. That eBay listing is basically what I want, and the price is right, but the print itself is used and lightly damaged, and I was hoping there might still be somewhere online that sells this kind of stuff in non-used condition--even if it means paying a bit more. The listing calls it "Print #10" but I don't know where that's coming from. Any ideas?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    I think the numbering might be from the ESB portfolio of his prints. I don't have that one but I do have the ANH one (nice set, btw, though the packaging on mine has seen better days.) Try a Google search with mcquarrie esb AT-AT print #10 as the keywords and you might find something. A lot of the first page of results was the same print in your link but I didn't go beyond that page. I did find a recent Spanish auction from back in June that was closed so they are still out there.

Edit - there's a slideshow of the whole portfolio here.

3. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Thanks; I'll do some digging.

4. CrazyMike

CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 4, 2000
    They should show up on EBay at some point. I bought them way back when the movies came out. My parrot got to a few of the prints years ago but I was able to replace them back in 2011 after findng a set on EBay.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    I found my ANH set at Forbidden Planet in London shortly after I moved here. Packaging was a bit ratty then but the prints are fine.

6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Is it easier to find the whole set than just one specific print?

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It might be. They were originally sold as sets. I'd try that on eBay - see if you get any hits.