McQuarrie Prints Still For Sale?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CooperTFN, Jul 3, 2013.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Hey folks; I hope this is the right way of bringing this up. I'm hoping to track down a "new" print of this specific McQuarrie image. That eBay listing is basically what I want, and the price is right, but the print itself is used and lightly damaged, and I was hoping there might still be somewhere online that sells this kind of stuff in non-used condition--even if it means paying a bit more. The listing calls it "Print #10" but I don't know where that's coming from. Any ideas?
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I think the numbering might be from the ESB portfolio of his prints. I don't have that one but I do have the ANH one (nice set, btw, though the packaging on mine has seen better days.) Try a Google search with mcquarrie esb AT-AT print #10 as the keywords and you might find something. A lot of the first page of results was the same print in your link but I didn't go beyond that page. I did find a recent Spanish auction from back in June that was closed so they are still out there.

Edit - there's a slideshow of the whole portfolio here.
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Jul 3, 2013
  3. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Thanks; I'll do some digging.
  4. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    They should show up on EBay at some point. I bought them way back when the movies came out. My parrot got to a few of the prints years ago but I was able to replace them back in 2011 after findng a set on EBay.
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I found my ANH set at Forbidden Planet in London shortly after I moved here. Packaging was a bit ratty then but the prints are fine.
  6. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Is it easier to find the whole set than just one specific print?
  7. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    It might be. They were originally sold as sets. I'd try that on eBay - see if you get any hits.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT