Mary MDFF - The Rebirth

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Obviously, we haven't had any meetings in some time. As the Chapter Rep for this fanforce, it is my job to ensure we keep up with meetings and discussions so the group can flourish and continue.

I haven't done my job. I visit the boards regularly, usually atleast once a day, to see what's going on, but I haven't posted for some time.

The fanforce has slowly grinded to a halt. It's not one person's fault. Some members lost interest. Some were understandably busy in their personal lives. But, because of the position I took on as CR, I have to accept some of the blame.

This position requires more time and dedication than I have given it the past several months. And that's unfair to the members and unfair to those who would like to stand up and take-on the position.

That is why, in the best interest of the group, I'm stepping down as Chapter Rep for the Maryland Fanforce.

Jon_Goodfellow has been doing a great job of rejuvenating the group. I'm not officially endorsing any one yet, but anyone can see he's making an effort to bring life back to our fanforce. I think we should hold an election and people should be able to nominate someone, or themselves, and we should vote. I'll start a topic for CR nominations.

Also, I saw that there was a post to come up with a name for the group. This is something I don't want to see changed. I would like to keep our name as Maryland Fanforce, sometimes going by Maryland Force. We have the domain name marylandforce.net. We first became official with this name years ago, and I'd like to keep it.

As the group starts to pick up, I intend to bring the website back to life as well. If anyone has any ideas for that, let me know.

Something that should be discussed is if we're going to continue with the region idea we had for the group. Because our group encompasses the entire state, we suggested that individual regions have their own meetings monthly with their own "ambassadors" and then there would be state-wide meetings less often. This way, those members that can't make more centralized meetings can still be a part of the group and voice their opinions in-person. It would be important for the region ambassadors to make the state-wide meetings.

That's all I can think of right now. If I remember anything else I'll be sure to post it here.
  2. Jon_Goodfellow Jedi Knight

star 5
    It's good to see you again, Mogook. I don't think I've really seen you since that first meeting way back in '02. :p

How have you been? How's your friend that came to that initial meeting with you? :)

<CTMS>
  3. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm doing fine. I went to many meetings after that first one. My friend's doing fine too. What was your screen name back then, it wasn't Jon_Goodfellow was it?
  4. Jon_Goodfellow Jedi Knight

star 5
    No, this is my sock. I'm Eva_Pilot04.

... don't worry. I wouldn't remember me either. :p

<CTMS>
  5. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    I would like to stay Hospitality Mistress, if you'll let me. I too am too busy for chapter rep, but would like to help out if I can. I probably can't attend too many meetings due to the price of gas and the fact that I live in West Virginia. But I would like to stay on as a founding member if it so pleases the fan force. I made every meeting except DRK_HMT's going away party. One where I was the only one there, too. I remember you Eva!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.