MDSWS Communications

Discussion in 'Mojave Desert CA' started by Stridarious, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    As posted by Morgaine in the Welcome New Users forum. And as so, I think that this is a well needed thread in ours as well. Making it possible to bring up possible forum complaints and suggestions to the MDFF staff here :) . Get our input and yours ;) .

Edit: Fixed some Spelling and Grammer Errors, and made it much more understandable to the average poster :) . I also changed a few minor colors to the Managers name. ;)
  2. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    One thing that I would like to bring before all FF members is the start of a possible Trivia Game. What are your inputs. I feel that one to which encompasses every different type of question enables the members to go searching for the answer, plus gives all a chance to participate. Any, and all answers would be sent to the choosen game host where then the points would be announced on the gaming thread. Within time, after the game ends, the points will be tallied and the winner announced. the reward is still being decided. A week long title could be possible, but must be approved by our RSA, and CR ;) . So what do you (the members) think? :confused:
  3. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    A trivia game would be cool, but I'd probably only participate if it was Star Wars trivia. Stick with what you're good at, they always say...

Okay, but heres the problem...as was the reason to why the last one faded out. Many couldn't answer those questions :( . So, they stopped trying. And thus why the last trivia hasn't really been seen any longer. Some said the trivia was too hard, which I can admit some of it was. So that is why I opt we have an open trivia game, to all sorts of questions ranging from History to movies and more. Giving everyone a chance to participate. Yes, you may not know the answer for one question. But the next you may ;) .
  5. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I just figure a Star Wars trivia contest would make sense. This is theforce.net, afterall. We've got enough non-Star Wars topics on here as it is...

Yes, but you also must remember, but not all things revolve around Star Wars here in this FF. As well as in other FF's. Fan Force groups post topics based on the ideas of what the members want. This is a place for all to discuss different issues within reason about themselves or their interests, as to get to know each other. Also, this Trivia would allow all and any questions, if it comes up that Star Wars is a question then great! :)

In the last trivia game the majority of the questions were very easy.

The question I must ask, is by who's account? I love Star Wars Trivia as much as the next guy, yet, if the questins make it too difficult for others to answer, then we have a problem :( .

As for the game, I am currently searching out a game host admist Mods from specific Star Wars forums to come down this way and host it. I originally found someone, yet, since the idea of an open Trivia game was basically pushed down, I thought it best to find one who is aware of the trivia procedures and one whom I knew would be good for the position. I sent out PM's to all of the following: Quixotic-Sith , Genghis12 , & Protege-Of-Thrawn . I still need to wait to hear from them to see which is intersted. :) But I will keep you informed ;) .
  7. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think we have that trivia game now. :p
    And we could even ask questions about rpgs if we wanted too. And more challenging questions too. :cool:
  8. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, in fact BartSimpson-SithLord is making a trivia game such as you decribed Mertroid :) So keep your eyes out and open.
  9. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, as a opening note to all, the new SW Trivia game has opened and the host is that of MaceWindy , whom kindly pitched his services to help us out.
    Also, I would like to know if you feel now the same as I do with the banner, that we need a more Ep.1-4 type banner, but, one to which includes only SW type photos. I was thinking of contacting a good banner designer. She made the main JC banner and many others here. Her name is: Gay-LenKenobi . He work is great and I know she would love to help us out. Post input on this idea here. :)
  10. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  11. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The only reason that I think that your banner can not be used is because even though it features the members, it will later need to be changed constantly as that is the way we grow, and deminish. For our FF is constantly changing and a banner with us featured would not be a great idea. :( Now however, if we were a group to which stays the same throughout everything then I could see that we get a banner that has us in it :) . But sadly we are not. Anyhow, any other suggestions? Maybe it will be best then just to stay with what we have.
  12. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  13. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    MDFF Icon

Well, lets see, I think it needs to be sent to our CR Venn-Zanos and then he'll pass it to Mara_Jade_Fan , and she'll move it on down to her superior Rox . Its a big chain that Icon has to go through first. However, once to Rox it will be placed onto the listings.

Banner

I have heard that there are some ideas that were tossed around and about by two of our MDFF staff members, and they all sound great, I would suggest that they make several designs as so that we are not just stuck with one particular one, giving us a choice in what we want for our forum ;)
  14. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  15. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    I will get things accomplished. You can count on that.
  16. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  17. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, I think that bashing of any City Represenative is not required, I feel that our old leader got us into what our new leader will now take over, and both leaders are to be named the same way, despite any differences. Especially in posts to this forum to show sometype of respect for all, please :) . And as far as the banners, I highly suggest that many be made so that we have many different options to vote upon :D .
  18. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  19. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  20. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sounds interesting, and it does give personality. Go with it :D
  21. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I agree with the clean titles as that is the type of thing I am currently sporting, as it helps those be able to find staff and what not alot quicker :D .

Yet on the custom type titles, I am not sure, as we do not want to be like the SDFF. So we would want our own type style. Yet what would those be? :confused:
  22. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  23. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes, but thats their type of way to condense those down. I think that we need our own type of title to explain our position that shows our area as well. ;)
  24. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  25. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well according to the thread located here within the Communications forum, best described by Gandolf the Grey , the main Tech. Administrator, it appears that the forums are having recent problems with the Sticky Threads. He also thinks however that the expiration date of Sticky threads may have something to do with it. many say that we may need our RSA to re-post the threads as sticky threads. So it looks like we must start agian... :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.