main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MDSWS Meetings & Events

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by DanakinSkywalker, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediHomer3

JediHomer3 Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2003
    I'll be there.

2. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Alrighty, sounds like we'll have at least 5 in attendance. Not bad.

3. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    So, how did it go last night? :confused:

It was a good thing I didn't say I'd attempt to go as I got back from LA around 12:00 at night, and could barely keep my eyes open...

The party at my cousins went well, however, I expect to be able to go to the next meeting whenever posted. I know already I cannot go to anything this weekend as my mom and myself are going down to pick out a Chrsitmas tree down in "Live Oak Canyon" ;)

Well, I actually may be able to make it if I was to get back early, which could be a possiblity.

4. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    There won't be another meeting for at least 2 weeks, the normal schedule.

We were discussing the possibility of meeting at Comics +. Although I doubt the owner would agree to it, so I'm opening the floor to suggestions of a new meeting place. One thing that came to mind would just to meet at the mall, perhaps in the food court. It's an environment where we can eat and talk and walk around if need be. I think many will agree that Oasis Lanes is unsatisfactory at this point. A thought, anyone?

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    DanakinSkywalker: "I think many will agree that Oasis Lanes is unsatisfactory at this point. A thought, anyone?"

You already know a little of how I felt on the matter of Oasis lanes. I say food court sounds good, as its a open enviroment, with much more to do then just one or two things, as was the case with the Bowling area :D .

Although farther away, it may have to reduce our meeting schedule somewhat to ensure that members are not driving to this location week after week ;) . But other then that I like the idea!

6. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Perhaps then we can reduce the meetings schedule to once a month like Orange County's? That will insure that everyone doesn't have to travel as much.

7. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2003
    Well, if meeting way out at the mall is too much to do two times a month, then why not change the location every once in a while? If you would like I can call Comics + and see if they will let us host our meeting there, or if you'd like me to call elsewhere I would just need to know where and such. But variety is always good and if we change it every week then that would keep us on our toes more so, right? But if it is at the mall the time may need to be changed because teh mall closes at 9, but Barnes & Noble is open until anywhere from 10 to midnight for the weekend, I'm not certain of time with that either. Anyways, yeah, I'm sure if we all put our minds together we can think of a great plan for the meetings as such.

8. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    That sounds great. I never even thought about Barnes & Nobles, they've got seating and everything right there. Any and all ideas are welcome at this point.

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    DanakinSkywalker: "That sounds great. I never even thought about Barnes & Nobles, they've got seating and everything right there."

I'm not so sure only because I love to read [face_love] . And I may be distracted by all the surrounding book! 8-}

I'm just teasin' no, it'd be a great place, still perhaps reduced as to how many times we travel there, but other then that a great place, as it has the EU books, and perhaps even a meeting discussing those books would be cool! ;)

*thinks*

They even have Mochas! I'm so there, even though I do not drink that stuff! 8-} [face_laugh]

10. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    Well, how about since there's two meetings per month, we make one at the bowling alley and one at B & N, or maybe alternate B & N with Comics + if they allow it. Heh, there's always a compromise.

11. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    We can even do it at people houses every once in a while and watch movies or something. B&N is good, I love that place. I always make a b-line straight for the Star Wars section to see if there is anything new.

12. TheOmen

TheOmen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
    Just tell me what you want me to do...Good ideas folks...

13. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    If there's a house open we can do it, but we have to make sure it's ok with whoever it is that owns teh house and such, but yeah, that would be a great idea as well.

14. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Seifer: "We can even do it at people houses every once in a while and watch movies or something. B&N is good, I love that place. I always make a b-line straight for the Star Wars section to see if there is anything new."

I agree, we've been together a long time and know much of each other, perhaps it could be taken to this level if need be ;) .

However, for the main factor that we are searching to make new members we need to take into consideration what the RSA whom opened that FF stated that is probably best to have it in open places as so that newer members feel more comfortable. Later of course we could make it at each others houses once we feel that we've reached that certian max point on members :D .

15. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    Well for me it doesn't matter where it is, however, I won't be able to make it to the next meeting on time or at all depending on the time and such, sorry.

16. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Since we're discussing a new meeting location, we don't really have to have another meeting until thats decided. And even then it'll be a week or two afterwards.

17. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    Ok, I'll try my best to make it.

18. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    Ok, here's the scoop, I called Comics + and told them what group I was with and asked them if it would be possible to host a meeting there and they said it was ok. They close at 10 o'clock on Saturdays so I figured we should be there about 7 or 8 as usual just so that the meeting can last about 2-3 hours. The owner is completely cool with this, he just needs to know what day, so if everyone can tell me what day they want to schedule it for and how many people then I can call and give him the information and everything will be cool. Is that ok with everyone? I mean, I didn't think I was over stepping my boundaries with calling and such, and I don't mind calling and stuff for any other meeting either, but I do need to let the owner know what's going on and such. Hope this is all ok and such, just let me know, ok?
    ~Edited to apologize for saying "and such" so much...~

19. TheOmen

Jan 16, 2003
    No, thats great, its awesome to see members take initiative. I'm cool with it, everyone else?

20. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Nope, no disagreement here. In fact its great that "Comic +" has agreed to allowing this meeting, as now we have a chance to be noticed by other fans ;) .

21. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    I've been out of town all weekend, so I couldn't reply sooner. Like Mike said, it is great to see other members take the initiative. Thank you for making the arrangements for Comics +.

22. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    No problem, I like making plans and arrangements, heh, I'm the socialite in my group of friends, so I enjoy it. So whenever you guys want to have the meeting just let me know, k?

23. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Sounds good to me. I'll let Mike handle the date/time and all that good stuff. It's up to you, Hesh Knight...

24. TheOmen

Jan 16, 2003
    Would this Saturday be all right? Since the next week is Thanksgiving and all for you peoples...give me your feedback.

25. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Works for me. Then again, what doesn't? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.