MDSWS Meetings & Events

Discussion in 'Mojave Desert CA' started by DanakinSkywalker, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can't make it because of other plans that are chizzled in stone at the moment, but I can let the owner know and such, um, what time was that again?
  2. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I think 7PM like you suggested earlier would work. Thanks again for calling and getting this approved by them.
  3. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    I should be able to make it. Plus with Comics+ there are food places right across the parking lot. Blimpies Subs is one of them. Plus there is an A&W right down the street. That place has awesome food.
  4. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    That's another reason I like this new meeting place, there's several places to eat in the general vicinity. Plus there's the arcade at the movie theater practically right next door. And who can forget Staples!
  5. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    TheOmen: "Would this Saturday be all right? Since the next week is Thanksgiving and all for you peoples...give me your feedback."

Yep, this Sat. atleast for now appears to be okay. However, my family has this thing about making plans at the last minute, so I will keep you all updated. I'm sure we've got nothing thus far this weekend ;) .
  6. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK then.
    7PM Meet at Comics + ?
    There is a small chance i might not be able to make it, since it's my mom's birthday this weekend. But i'll probably be able to attend.
  7. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    [face_shocked] After viewing these last few posts of those who may not be able to make it I think it is not such a good idea for me to say this. But... :( an important event came up which I nearly forgot about, "Calvary Chapel Men's Conference" and this would be my last year to see it, so I will have to pass, unless I get back early. However, it may be pretty much counted on as me not going, as I will be dead tired from the 8 hours speant there 8-} .

Anyhow, sorry, but what ever you all do, just please be sure to snap pics! ;)
  8. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Alrighty. I 'need' a head count. Who's gonna be there?
  9. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Knight

star 1
    um, I can tell you that Jedi_Blues, Graham_Chapman, and myself will not be able to attend due to already established plans, however Jedi_Knight_Seifer may be able to make it, I'll allow him to let you know.
    Just tell them that Dan Guy (the owner) gave you permission and tell them who you're with. The meeting is set for about 7-9 on Saturday, so have fun and thank them for allowing us to do this.
  11. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Sunday may be a better day to hold it if we can. Saturday might hold complications for a lot of people. I might be included in the list of people not able to attend. I have to see what is going on.
  12. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sunday would be alright, but i wouldn't be able to attend. Plus i already sent the meeting info to Shawn. So yeah. I'll leave it to our CR.
  13. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Since you already sent out the info, we might as well stick with Saturday. It might be better not to overwhelm Comics + with our full roster anyway.
  14. Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, I think that we should just let comics + see what one of the meetings is like before we unleash the entire group, plus it's a bit late to call because the owner is teh one it has to be cleared with and he's only there on sundays, mondays, and tuesdays.
  15. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I would have to agree, I plan to be able to make it to the next meeting in perhaps two weeks correct? :confused:

Now I will have to state however that the closer we come to Christmas the less meetings I will be able to attend as many of my family members hold events during those weeks leading up to Chrsitmas. However, there are always ways around those :) .
  16. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    As far as I know I won't be there saturday. Sorry.
  17. JediHomer3 Jedi Padawan

Most likely, I'll be there. Maybe a little late, though.
  18. Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Knight

star 1
    So, how'd it go? Was Comics + ok with everything and the like?
  19. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    It was as good as can be expected. They were perfectly fine with us being there. Although after only one game (TCG) and several 'trips' around the store, I must say it is rather bland. Perhaps the mall would be a better location, much more variety.
  20. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    DanakinSkywalker: "It was as good as can be expected. They were perfectly fine with us being there. Although after only one game (TCG) and several 'trips' around the store, I must say it is rather bland. Perhaps the mall would be a better location, much more variety."

Yeah, I can see as to why it became bland, as isn't it a small store? :confused:

I think the mall would be a good place, or perhaps one day we should hold a movie night or something, and all of us go see a movie ;) .
  21. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, all of us without records to keep.
  22. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Also, since we're doing the mall thing now, I say we make the meetings a bit earlier (maybe 5 or so). That way we don't have to feel rushed in whatever we do. I think we should use Barnes & Noble as the meeting area, where we all gather, and then we can disperse and meet up there again if needed.
  23. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Sounds good to me. Plus there are more places to get food in the Mall than there are at Comics+.
  24. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    DanakinSkywalker: "Also, since we're doing the mall thing now, I say we make the meetings a bit earlier (maybe 5 or so). That way we don't have to feel rushed in whatever we do. I think we should use Barnes & Noble as the meeting area, where we all gather, and then we can disperse and meet up there again if needed."

Sounds good, although if we're to seperate for a time, what would be the point of a meeting if we could do that any time? :confused:

Plus, what if someone breaks off and gets lost, finding one another within a mall is quite difficult, especially if the member recieved a ride to that location.

Now please keep in mind, these are just senarios, and not bashes onto the ideas presented, just possible suggestions on topics which were not covered within the last post ;) . Atleast I hope it doesn't sound wrong... :(
  25. DanakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    meet up there again if needed

If some people want to see a movie and others don't, or some want to go into a store that others don't.
    We never have anything of importance to discuss for more than 30 min tops, so we're probably gonna end up cruising the mall.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.