main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MDSWS Meetings & Events

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by DanakinSkywalker, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Well the person whom was supposed to come over today turned down at the last minute, and my mom cancelled the dinner tonight, tommorrow looks as if its a no go for me as well. And next week, Saturday is my only open day, unless I do go to that "Teacher's Training" session as to revise my teaching methods. But that only goes till 4 p.m. so it should be no problem ;) .

2. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    We are going to try for this coming Saturday. Everyone try to attend. The meeting place will be posted tomorrow.

3. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay, sounds cool :cool: . I will attempt to be there, actually, if I have a ride I can be sure to be there. If not, then I will have to ask my father, which gives me a 50% chance of not being able to make it :( .

4. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2003
    This saturday as in the 31st? I'm pretty sure you can count me in, I would just need a ride is all. Keep us posted.

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes, as my schedule sadly fluctuates with everyday :( . As now it appears that my parents wish to go down the hill to see my sister in San Diego around like 4 p.m. and we'll be staying there for sometime...however, we have to be back earlier if I am to attend service the next day ;) :D .

However, this is not quite soild yet, and I may be able to wiggle my way from this, so I will keep you all posted on its outcome, as I really wish to come :) .

6. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    Soory, but my comp went down for a few days. Looks like I may have to get a new one soon. No meeting after all. Too much stuff appears to be happening. We need to try and get back into our old schedule as fast as possible. We shall try for this up coming weekend.

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Seifer: "Soory, but my comp went down for a few days. Looks like I may have to get a new one soon. No meeting after all. Too much stuff appears to be happening. We need to try and get back into our old schedule as fast as possible. We shall try for this up coming weekend."

I know what you mean, its hard, but we need to get back into line and advertise/meet again, I think our last real meeting was the in November, was it not? :confused: I forget the dates so please forgive me if I butchered the times 8-} .

If we could have one this upcoming Sunday I can really push to be there and attend, as I have a meeting again for the Russia trip, however, it is set to begin at 12:30 p.m. and should end around 2 or 3 p.m. :D . So let me know what time and date and I will really push to go ;) .

8. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    In order to get things back into schedule we shall hold the meeting next Saturday @ five. Since it will be the second weekend of the month it should establish an order (once every two weeks). Those that can make it please do. It will be at the Denny's off of 7th street in Victorville. Anyone who needs a ride contact me.

9. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Seifer: "In order to get things back into schedule we shall hold the meeting next Saturday @ five. Since it will be the second weekend of the month it should establish an order (once every two weeks). Those that can make it please do. It will be at the Denny's off of 7th street in Victorville. Anyone who needs a ride contact me."

There appears to be nothing blocking me from going that next following weekend, I believe that my sister is coming out, yet, she can wait 8-} till I get back to say 'Hi!' [face_laugh] . No matter, I will keep you posted ;) .

10. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    Wow... now that's calling it close... I have work that day, the 14th, right? until 4 o'clock. So, heh, I can go, I just need to make sure I have time to get home and change before getting there or else we'll get to see me in my work clothes and it's not a pretty sight... Um... yeah, I'll try and keep the rest of that day open after work, as for a ride, I'll talk to Curtis tomorrow in class. Heh, hopefully we'll be able to have us all meet *crosses fingers* here's hoping.

11. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Don't worry you'll be able to make it, with much time to spare, as I look forward to our meeting ;) .

12. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    Ok, I can make it to the meeting, teh thing is I need a ride... I would need a ride from work, to where my clothes are, to the restaurant... any volunteers? :-D

13. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    I should be able to give a ride to anyone who might need it. I may need to change the date to Sunday since it is Valentine's day.

14. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Sounds good to me :D .

15. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    Ok, heh, I can make it sunday... turns out we found a place and such, so we're moving in tomorrow and I wouldn't have been able to make it, but Sunday's fine for me... heh, Curtis, I kinda need a ride.... I'm still at Jonno's just so you know and I'll give you the number via pm, k? that's all form me for now.

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    YAY! A meeting it is then on Sunday! :D

I too need a ride, so I will send all the essential information via PM if you happened to forget, about what time should I expect you? :confused:

17. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    //Notice: :( Hi guys, sad news, I will not be able to go tonight, I forgot we're going to my aunt's house for a party. But can someone tell me how it went? :confused:

18. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    OK sorry to hear it. I can give you a ride Amanda. I'm going to try to hold it at five so I will call before I head over.

19. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay, sorry again scratch that, as stated by Amanda whom contacted you (Curtis) for me as to let you know I can go after all, after a little bit of poking and probing of course! ;) :D .

20. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    Ok, I kinda got into my "Manda's bored, or avoiding homework, could be either, so she'll think about random stuff" stage a little while ago, so yeah, suffer whilst I speak now.
    I didn't think the meeting was really all that grand on Sunday, probably becuase we had four people there ^_^;;;; so I guess that means we won't really have another meeting until we have more people, right? so Alex, I ask that you make up fliers, and if you can't make them, I will for you, to pass around Granite, and I shall do the same for VVC. Hopefully our ASB's will allow us to post them and to gain more members and such, when in doubt, ask teachers to post in their classrooms and hopefully ASB won't notice.
    The fliers should include what we are about, that we are seeking members, and any other relevant information. The fliers should also include who to contact as well, so if possible, we can just make up a yahoo account specifically for people to contact us to get information if neccesary so as not to fill up anyone's mail boxes online, any suggestions for a name would be appreciated,a nd we can all know the password and such and check it when we are able, that way we aren't relying on one person to tell everyone else who sent an e-mail and was interested. We just need to get the word out to people, we need to make sure they can contact us, and after we have enough people to hold another official meeting, we should do so. I suggest for the next major meeting that we meet at Barnes and Noble; I find it to be a common meeting ground for many people, and we can spece out from there through out the mall and such after we have had a chance to sit down and talk stuff through. As Curtis mentioned, we are not the smallest area, yet we have the least amount of people. Surely there are more people in the High Desert with this interest, now the key to it all is finding them. Due to the fact that there are only four actual members, and we only cover two schools, this may be difficult to find other people, but hopefully people can step up and join as they wish.
    But this is just what I thought, I figured it would help to get the word out to people, and hopefully word-of-mouth (which is actually a restaurant term...) will gain us members, if this does not work, well.... we'll figure soemthing else out, but the quicker we can get started the better. I will start work on fliers as soon as I have a computer to do so, we have recently moved and much stuff is still packed, including our computer, which is a major strain on my resources... but the quicker we may begin, the better. Anyone else who wants to help make fliers or spread news, that's great, just let us know what you come up with.... and sorry for taking charge, it's just that Alex covers one school, and the other three of us cover VVC, so I thought only one should really do the fliers and get help from the other two and since I have less of a life than Angie or Curtis, I stepped up to the position, but hey, if you want to help, by all means, do so.
    So yeah, that's my two cents, and a couple of dimes and nickels as well, so let's see where this will take us, k? Good luck everyone!

21. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    We already had some fliers made and posted but nothing ever came of them. I'll figure out what to put on them and we can go from there. Good ideas though Amanda.

22. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Jedi_Knight_Seifer: "We already had some fliers made and posted but nothing ever came of them. I'll figure out what to put on them and we can go from there. Good ideas though Amanda."

Well, I still have the flyers, I did not post them yet, but seeing as though they have been approved by ASB last year, I will post them about and pray ASB doesn't care ;) 8-} . As for a main e-mail address, there is the main FanForce e-mail that could be made to say: "Contact-MDSWS@FanForce.net" :D

What do you think? :confused:

23. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    Ok, we can use whichever e-mail y'all want to use, just as long as we remember to put it on the flyer ^_^
    And forgive the spelling on the last post, I'm an idiot, not much more to it.. but yeah, let's see what we can do from here ^_^ This is going to be fun!

24. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Well, I created the e-mail address, I hope you all like it, and that we get use of it as well ;) . The older flyers I had originally made still have older contact information noted, and because I do not wish to go back through ASB since the new ASB Advisor has stepped in, which she is more strict, but anyway, I will post what I have and re-direct any further question to that address :D . How is everything else going? :confused:

25. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Oct 16, 2003
    Um... I do not know... I'll speak with Curtis tomorrow hopefully and hopefully we can get started on stuff soon. I just need a copy of the flier... I can make copies and get approval.. but I kina need the flier first ^_^;;;;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.