main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Me and TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orleans, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orleans

Orleans Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2017
    Hello there!

I'am from germany and I believe that this forum is more active than the German.

Good evening,

I am only 19 years old and I have the need to make a small, nostalgic trip through the SW Universium. So back to the origin .. How I got to know and love Star Wars ..

I've grown up with The Clone Wars and I've met Star Wars. Many fans got to know Star Wars through the original trilogy or at the latest by the Prequels. For me it was different.
    It all started in November 2008 on a TV. There was nothing that could have entertained me. So I zapped a little around and landed on Star Wars The Clone Wars. I didn't know Star Wars. I sometimes heard about at school but I did not care about these nerds lol. Annoyed I looked 2-3 minutes. As children.. you put them in front of the TV, they stick it.. no matter what for a crap runs. I remember exactly what happened. The episode "Rookies" from Season 1. I can only remember a firefight on a platform in the open. At that time I was very young. I did not wonder why or what they were shooting. I just looked and was for the one in white. : D It was obvious that the metal guys were the antagonists. As I was then, blindly blindfolded, without thinking about it. There was a lot of excitement in it and I was very impressed by this coughing robot. (Grievous: P) You could see that he was not a machine and I wondered who that really is. Does he have the command? When the clones still gained and the one died, I was quite depressed. The result was almost over, but then came a Obi-Wan Kenobi. (D) I can not say why ... but I liked him right away. This was my favorite character, now. he only spoke two or three sentences. Well. Then I wanted to see more but the show was over and I had to go to bed. On the next day of school I was completely enthusiastic and each of my friends had to know it too! : D So I had a lot of questions to all the experts (who is who, what is going on there, why do they all look the smae, what do the robots do there and what is a lightsaber?). When I learned that this is only a series and there are still real movies, I was totally curious. I understand only conditionally, which was explained to me, but nevertheless. No idea who is Anakin and what else there is. Luke and Han Solo said nothing to me. I knew only half an episode of a series ... from a whole franchise consisting of six films of all epochs. In any case, I was now an enthusiastic Star Wars fan and I have been busy intensively in my spare time. Collecting collectibles, tracked each episode punctually at 20:15 on TV and the next day at school over there with elan with other equally crazy guys communicates. ^^
    As I saw TCW and the Prequels first, I always starred Star Wars with the Clone Wars and not like many with Vader, the Empire and Luke. I then quickly watched all films and favored Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Simple, because it came directly after Clone Wars and my favorite favorite. These include Obi-Wan, Palpatine, Dooku, Grievous and ... Ahsoka. Many find the Prequels and also the series bad, not me. I can start with the original trilogy much less than with TCW and the prequels. This is probably because I first saw this and built a "bind" to the Chars. For me, always: Star Wars: Clone Wars! It just fascinates me the most, and I'm the last one who is shouting because he disagrees. However, I expect that of others as well. I would now like to explain more, why this epoch and thus the series so fascinated me.

First, it is simply the fact that I saw the series first and could thus identify with it. For me everything just fit. I will now explain the most important points.

Story: As I already noted, the epoch of the clone war simply told me the most. This is a fact, and I was very interested in this.

It war rages .. the galaxy in ruins .. Whole planets are affected, famines, civilians and soldiers die. The number of victims is increasing every day. Politics, power, destruction, suffering, hatred and the code of the Jedi and therefore the morality in itself in focus. Do they break their code to gain the "victory"? Victory? Victory I've said? The Republic has been united for thousands of years, characterized by ideals and democracy. Meanwhile, the republic is in a state of collapse. A corrupt senate destroys them. A mysterious figure seems to subdue the Jedi order and slowly but irrevocably destroy it. Peacekeepers raise their arms and go to war. As opponents, the Confederation of independent systems. At the top appears the former Jedi, Count Dooku. Cleaved
    from the republic, the seperatists stand under the indirect pretension of the mysterious Darth Sidious. Nobody is aware of the fact of why fighting and destroying the galaxy. This point is of immense importance to me. At that time, I often wondered why war was.. And this reason adds a certain part to my enthusiasm of the series. Two strong opponents fighting an infinite war. Just why? Well .. I will go into that next point.

The Confederation and, in particular, Dooku as their identifier, spread their progressive message of separatism to many other worlds in the galaxy, maintaining the war with the republic about a period of three years. Despite some hints, the Jedi remained ignorant of the fact that Palpatine, as a mastermind, controlled both parties of the war and played against each other.

The characters:

Palpatine is my absolute favorite character. His personality is truly evil, he is a brilliant antagonist who has managed to smash the Jedi order in a crafty, manipulative and charismatic way. For thousands of years the Sith have failed. He knew that the Order could be destroyed only inside. At the time of the old Republic, he was still an inconspicuous senator. He allowed himself to be elected chancellor, and offered himself as the savior of the republic, which was slowly disintegrating through corruption and disputes. Party 1 is under control. He presents himself as a committed and heart-loving person, who as chancellor only wants the best for the republic. On the other hand, he created the CIS to send a counterparty to war. He is empowered to make world-wide decisions by himself, through the cunning and maladjustments of the emergency. The word-driven and intelligent Count Dooku is the perfect choice as a representative of the CIS. The civilians use Grievous as the identifier of the KUS for terror and destruction. No one knows that a hidden Sith Lord is leading the CIS. What fascinates me is the fact that a single person leads both parties and makes them wage to get special powers and weaken the Jedi order. Through this staged war, which brings death and destruction to the galaxy, Palpatine strikes several flies at a stroke. Through his double warfare, he can influence what he wants. A victory of a party was impossible. A person .. who had threaded it all. He weakened the Jedi, gained power within the Republic, and slowly and slowly destroyed democracy, although he ironically preached it again and again. I do not want to say too much about Palpatine. Everyone knows that SW would not exist without him and how brilliant he is. With best within the series I liked his facial expressions.

[​IMG]

He sits in the chancellor's office, everyone dances to his pipe - even the Jedi, who work for him and the Republic - while planning his rule as emperor and the destruction of the Jedi at the same desk, the desk of democracy. How macabre and yet excellent. In short, the char Palps fascinated me with his evilness, his facial expressions, his achievements and the fact that he controlled everything and everyone. Including Anakin. How he manipulates him from season to season, especially in the series, in order to weaken his temperament and to bring him closer to the dark side is absolutely fantastic and perfect to watch. As he talks to him and Anakin's trust him because Palps i like a - so I interpret - father and friend to Anakin. This guy is just incredible.

[​IMG]

Other characters:

Dooku: Actually, a tragic figure with a good heart. He's not driven by hatred, lust for power, sadism or arbitrariness. No. This personality pursues stone-carved ideals and I admire this figure. Once a respected Jedi .. for various reasons, which I would not like to explain here, as it is about TCW, he left the Order and joins Darth Sidious. As a representative of the CIS, he is known galaxis widely and is regarded / despised. He is also very loyal to Palpatine and a strong leader and intelligent head. Too bad he was not involved in the last part of Palpatine's plan lol. His death and Anakin as apprentice. Palpatine's doll game is also worth seeing. Really impressive, how he can direct everyone according to his wish. Was also implemented well in the series.

[​IMG]
    BTW: Best lightsaber style!​

Obi-Wan: Yes, I don'twant to say much to him. I like him very much because he - like Dooku - knows exactly what he is doing and why. I like his relationship with Anakin. He is an ancestor like Padmeand Palpatine, and he always stands with Anakin. Either through sermons, good advice or simply as .. best friend. It was shown very well in the series. I also like his humor, some sayings were not really bad! : D

Grievous: I always liked him. As a child .. he just always looked cool with his numerous lightsabers, his whole body, the gait and my gosh.. the cough! The voice also fits perfectly. It should be noted that the German voices all fit perfectly. (original voices!) For me was Grievous very entertaining. It is when he hits only the dumb droids to mash because they tell him the obvious. "He has escaped!" Grievous stands next to him .. And the droid is gone.. ^ ^ I do not know how many droids it was overall. I could laugh about it anyway. Today? not really. The comments of the droids like "Shall I tell him that they are cut off?" B1 to Ventress after Anakins escape from teth in the plotfilm. Grievous in itself is like Dooku a tragic figure. You just have to read through his story. I can not perceive or hate him as an enemy. I just feel sorry for him.

Ahsoka: I did not like Ahsoka at first. Extremely annoying and stubborn. But with each episode I learned to appreciate her more and now she is one of my favorite characters. Ahsoka's development has been impressive and plausible. As a naive, small and stubborn girl in a war, she turns out to be extremely capable and skilled. She becomes more mature from season to season in her actions and you can also notice her clothes. The first outfit I could not take seriously. However, I always like Ahsokas moral side. Their ending in TCW hurt me :(. This was the first time I had tears in my eyes watching a animated series. The arrogant Jedi Order has made the wrong choice and was only blinded. Even easier for Palpy. Greetings go out to Mace Windu .. Corrosive contemporary. The relationship with Lux was ok. At first I hoped it would not happen, but the makers did not let it drift too much. She is very similar to her master, and this fact runs through the whole series. As Ahsoka evolves, this can also be asserted by Anakin. However in the wrong direction. I love it that Ahsoka is in Rebels. The character itself was a great risk and it has proved successful. In any case, in my opinion. I will write a detailed post about Ahsoka!

Anakin: He had the best development in TCW. Of course the Chancellor is not innocent of this. His transformation to Darth Vader can be better understood. He was in EP III already close to the dark side and that was not the beginning of TCW yet. In the course of this has changed a lot. Remeber the slavery action arc .. Or Obi-Wans "death" .. He was only driven by revenge raids and Palpatine motivated him. The Mortis episodes were also great. The emperor in the vision for also for me great. : P Finally, it can be said that TCW helped to understand the character of Anakin and I would say that you can even understand it. The welfare of his beloved is more important to him than anything else. And that's not the case with the Jedi. If you only add 1 & 1 + Chancellor ^^ and you already have a hate-eating, fallen Jedi named Vader. Just perfect. In general, TCW has managed to show some chars closer. Completely new chars are also successful. I think of Hondo, Pre Viszla, Riyo Chuchi and of course Ahsoka.
    The best quotations were provided by Palpatine:
    1. "For now we must adhere to the principles of our democracy. We must let the wheels of the senate turn." Just awesome!

Entire scene:​
    2. "Every day we get a step closer to the final victory." He says that with a smug smirking grin as Mace and Yoda sit behind him.

[​IMG]
    I just love stuff like this.
    The scene as Clovis in the Senate spoke: "There are few corrupt people pulling the threads." And then Palpatine is shown .. he grins himself before assembled senate one. Glorious. At the end of the episode Palpatine by Holo to Dooku on Scipio: "And thus the control of the banks will surely be transferred to the office of the supreme chancellor! Epic laughter.
    This character is awesome and the main reason for my TCW love. The irony of standing in front of the assembled Senate .. And even though I can not prevent the fighting .. I will work for the republic and democracy! .. We can not allow the control to be translated to a mad like Count Dooku! Or a simple "What are they planning?" Ask Palpatine the Jedi about their information about the invasion of the KUS on Scipio .. And when the Jedi lose .. In the end, Palpatine is shown by hologram. Awesome. Sorry. Have exaggerated.

Entire scene:​

The order 66 bow was also interesting. I would have liked to see the conversation between Palpatine and Fives.​
    [​IMG]

All in all, I love this series because it inspires me. That's the most important thing. There are many criticisms, of course, very many .. For example (how can the CIS exist as long as it loses in the episodes?) Etc .. but I overlook it. This was my childhood series and the abolition still makes me sad.

[​IMG]
    Especially the bond between Anakin Ahsoka was very nice. The whole series developed a strong friendship based on mutual respect. I always like to see how they are fighting for each other and are there for each other. Ahsoka was ultimately a great, emotional character. This is perhaps the best duo of the series. Even before Obi Wan and Anakin. Compares the Plot movie to the last Ahsoka episode when she leaves the Order. I like to watch character changes anyway. This was done wonderfully. It is always sad to see Ahsoka and Anakin in Rebels .. hach .. To the hell with Palpatine lol.

[​IMG]
    DONT CRY! :_|
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    I just wanted to write how I "see" TCW. How so? No idea. No one will read the text completely. If you have made it to this point, please write "I am the Senate!" Down here. :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Important: I live in Germany and have already written this article in German in our forum. There are three more. 1x about some episodes, 1x about Ahsoka and 1x about The bond between Ahsoka and Anakin. I will soon translate and post them. Here you can see my posts in German:
    1: http://www.projektstarwars.de/thema/ich-und-tcw.58867/
    2. http://www.projektstarwars.de/thema/dear-ahsoka.58876/
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hope you liked it and apologized my bad english. It's night in Germany. Greetings and may the force be to you!
    Orleans

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Salutations! Might I say I like your avatar picture!

Orleans likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well Hello! I hope you hang around since we could always use some more users.

4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015

Welcome to the forums.

About CIS always loosing, we do sometimes see CIS winning, mostly in the opening montages to episodes thou, so its very quick, or in some brief pieces of dialogue about CIS winning somewhere or inflicting heavy casualties on the Republic, etc.

Plus the CIS is supposed to loose the war after all. By ROTS, CIS capital worlds are being besieged and their forces have been pushed out of the Core worlds.

As you pointed out, the war is run by Palpatine, and he never planned for the CIS to actually win or survive the war. He just wants the war to go long enough, until everything is in place for Anakin to turn to Dark Side, Republic into the Empire, and Jedi to be executed by Order 66.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Hello.

Check out the main TCW thread - we have an epic discussion ongoing.

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm happy that you like the Clone Wars but we already have an Official Clone Wars thread. So in the future please post your thoughts there.

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.